Songs of War

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A French song, with English subtitles.

Boris Vian, Le deserteur.

I can only hope that this song, and other songs that I posted, will be an antidote against some disgusting war glorifying manure that can be found on this thread.

Shame on those posters.

I can only hope that this song, and other songs that I posted, will be an antidote against some disgusting war glorifying manure that can be found on this thread.

Shame on those posters.

Bravo, surely most who posted this warmongering rubbish are chicken Hawks. The political establishment in America full of these cowards, who spent every measure of their strength avoiding deployment to Vietnam. Dick Cheney, Donald Trump. The skies of Texas patrolled by GWB in the Texas Air National guard, then AWOL when it was convenient. This is after his father gets him moved up a 7 year waiting list and taxpayers foot a million dollar bill to train him to fly.

Later they lead wars of aggression and torture, the war criminals of the Bush crime family.

Edited by arunsakda

Shame on those posters.

Bravo, surely most who posted this warmongering rubbish are chicken Hawks. The political establishment in America full of these cowards, who spent every measure of their strength avoiding deployment to Vietnam. Dick Cheney, Donald Trump. The skies of Texas patrolled by GWB in the Texas Air National guard, then AWOL when it was convenient. This is after his father gets him moved up a 7 year waiting list and taxpayers foot a million dollar bill to train him to fly.

Later they lead wars of aggression and torture, the war criminals of the Bush crime family.

What are 'chicken hawks'? and the topic is nothing to do with 'warmongering rubbish' it is only about songs.

If I was an American in 1861, I would have fought for the Confederates, but I still posted a song about the North.

War breaks out in the Songs of War thread

Aren't all the songs glorifying war written or sung by those who came later, those who didn't suffer at the time?

Hull City football fans used to sing this in the early 70s on the terraces, with a slight change in lyrics- 'all we are saying...., is give us a goal '

A forlorn request.

What a great song.

Edited by bannork

And are you classing the boul' (if late) Robert Sands MP as a warmonger? Ha Ha Ha shame on you.

Shame on you for assuming that I think so.

In my younger days I joined demonstrations in favour of the IRA.

Of course, that was before the IRA (and the UDA and others of both sides) turned into fascist drug gangs.

I was too young and too naïve to understand that this was inevitable.

Also I would like to note that you condemn me for what you think that I am thinking. Weird logic that does not give me a fair chance, does it.

Shame on those posters.

What are 'chicken hawks'? and the topic is nothing to do with 'warmongering rubbish' it is only about songs.

If I was an American in 1861, I would have fought for the Confederates, but I still posted a song about the North.

You ask "what are chicken hawks"?

I am not a native English speaker, but I understand the pun. And you don't?

But more to the point:

You start a thread about war songs, as if that is a completely normal thing to do.

Songs that glorify wars.....

Next you claim to be neutral, as you posted a song that was sung by "the bad" guys.

Wars are not about good and bad guys, wars are about victims and mass murderers, rapists and torturers on both sides.

What will be next?

A thread about Tutsi and Hutu war songs, both glorifying the mass murder of their opponents?

Or a Holocaust music thread, evenly presenting Theodorakis' Mauthausen and some revisionist songs?

Disgusting.

Shame on those posters.

But more to the point:

You start a thread about war songs, as if that is a completely normal thing to do.

Next you claim to be neutral, as you posted a song that was sung by "the bad" guys.

Wars are not about good and bad guys, wars are about victims and mass murderers, rapists and torturers on both sides.

What will be next?

A thread about Tutsi and Hutu war songs, both glorifying the mass murder of their opponents?

Or a Holocaust music thread, evenly presenting Theodorakis' Mauthausen and some revisionist songs?

Disgusting.

Ha Ha So all the songs are glorifying wars??????? Wars are not about the good and bad guys? What about a country that occupies another country?

So one country is in another country against the will of the people and murdering them, and they are not bad guys?? Enough said.

Shame on those posters.

But more to the point:

What will be next?

Disgusting.

Bloody flag is raised! (repeat)
In the countryside, do you hear
The roaring of these fierce soldiers?
They come right to our arms
To slit the throats of our sons, our friends!
Grab your weapons, citizens!
Form your batallions!
Let us march! Let us march!
May impure blood
Water our fields!
Frenchmen, as magnanimous warriors
Sacred love of France,
Lead, support our avenging arms!
Grab your weapons, citizens!
Form your batallions!
Let us march! Let us march!
May impure blood
Water our fields!
I think this is what it is about?biggrin.png

My favorite song of WAR is the American National Anthem

"..the bombs bursting in air.."

The much-loved Anthem is a perfect example of a self-fulfilled sad.pngprophecy

over and over and over and over again..

I much prefer, When Britain First at Heaven's Command.

QUOTES from POSSUM

Ha Ha So all the songs are glorifying wars??????? Wars are not about the good and bad guys? What about a country that occupies another country?

So one country is in another country against the will of the people and murdering them, and they are not bad guys?? Enough said.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

War songs glorify the "heroic" deeds that misled victims inflict on other victims.

Do you know any war songs that talk about the true courses of war: internal party politics, geo politics, oil or coal, hiso games, greed, religion and other backward philosophies etc, and about what wars do to their victims?

I would very much like that type of war songs, if you know any, please post them.

Here's the ultimate "war song", with lyrics.

Maria Farantouri sings Theodorakis

If Typhoo put the T in Britain, rott put the W in we ( not me)

Apples and oranges really comparing Vietnam and Ireland. It's true it was English landlords, not me, who abused and exploited Ireland for hundreds of years, the Yanks, as you say, only occupied Vietnam for just over 10 years, plus they're not neighbours.

.At least the Queen had the grace to acknowledge the crimes of the past if not quite apologizing for them.

Everyone can forgive and move on, that's surely right, but those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.

Can only assume bannork that you were being a keyboard warrior and taking the W from w-anchor, which you were insinuating was a description of me. Otherwise I am baffled as the "we" is there in your post no. 10.

Anyway you seem to have what John Henry Newman described as "cultivated ignorance". You have completely distorted the sense of my post, which is actually difficult since I made it so simple.

I am not saying there is any similarity between Ireland and Vietnam. What I am saying is that in the living memory of many Vietnamese approx six million people died there in not much over a decade. After that and the misrule of the communists they are just getting on with life and trying to improve their lot, while not forgetting what happened. The twenty six counties have been independent for almost a century, Whatever happened while they were British, it happened before almost anybody there was born. Yet the Irish have an inbuilt sense of grievance, helped along by the likes of you who have an inbuilt conscience that agrees with anybody who criticises the UK.

In my lifetime all that I remember is the UK being used to provide employment and housing for Irish people when their own country could not. And more recently pumping large amounts into EU coffers roughly equivalent to what was being handed to the Republic of Ireland in subsidies, which subsequently was converted to a housing bubble.

Prior to that I am aware that on the death of Hitler, De Valera went personally to the German Embassy with (his or the nation's?) condolences.

Just trying to give you a bit of context and perspective.

And are you classing the boul' (if late) Robert Sands MP as a warmonger? Ha Ha Ha shame on you.

Of course, that was before the IRA (and the UDA and others of both sides) turned into fascist drug gangs.

Also I would like to note that you condemn me for what you think that I am thinking. Weird logic that does not give me a fair chance, does it.

I am not sure that you understand correctly what I think that you think what I am thinking, if you get my drift. Possibly you do not.

So you and possum do not classify Sands as a warmonger. Neither does bannork. Interesting.

I am not sure that you understand correctly what I think that you think what I am thinking, if you get my drift. Possibly you do not.

So you and possum do not classify Sands as a warmonger. Neither does bannork. Interesting.

You may want to reread my post.

Here's an idea:

Why don't you start a Bobby Sands thread.

You could post exactly what you are thinking about him.

And others could reply to that.

This would stop the thinking what others think that I am thinking nonsense.

And we could get on with (anti) war songs - after all, that is the topic of this thread.

A Sands thread would be up to bannork as he introduced the topic.

Anyway enough from me. Peace and love man.

A Bobby Sands thread-I don't think they'll be too much interest in that on Thai Visa unless George adds an Irish forum to the current Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Issan, etc regional forums!

As I said: was he a political prisoner or a killer?- it just depends on your viewpoint, surely.

Neil Young and Indians being massacred

Could all those who dont hold one of these please exit stage left.

post-39258-0-51615900-1437669987_thumb.j

Fed up with plastic paddys from New York, Boston or Sydney trying to tell us how we should think.

Yeah man, that was some killer weed, lets put the world to rights, yeah man, how about the PLO, RAF or IRA, middle class wannabes the lot of 'em, soon discraded their views and joined the system.

Whats was the famous phrase, if you aint a member of the Commie party by the time you are 25 there is something wrong with you, if you are still a member after 25 there is definitely something wrong with you.

What was the famous phrase by Joyce?

"What liberation is it to cast out the political tyranny of England and remain under the intellectual tyranny of Rome?