Deliveries of large water bottles

KittenKong

Much of the information about this on here is rather old so I wonder what people know of current delivery prices, deposit/purchase price of the large bottles, and differences (if any) between the content/prices of the clear blue bottles and the opaque white bottles.

Also comments/opinions on suppliers and quality, and areas covered, or indeed ex-delivery prices at the various filling plants around town.

We buy direct from the water factory in Pong near Banglamung. 39 baht / pack for 6 x 1.5 litre bottles or 12 x 600ml if you buy 40 packs. Brand is Tiger...not the beer!

I think the OP was referring to the large bottles which sit on top of a cooler.

We have been getting one large bottle every Thursday, there are a few pick ups that visit our estate on regular intervals. We paid a 200 baht deposit on the bottle and 40 baht to exchange. Very economical.

Not sure about the quality of our water this last few months, seems to have a funny taste to it that it never had before

We also have it delivered by the pickups at 40 Baht for a large cooler top type container.

When you consider the extent that some people in this area will go to to make an extra shilling or two I have become a little suspect of these delivery services, if you catch my drift

Maybe the individual 1 liter bottles could be a better deal on the basis that they are probably untampered with and genuinely filtered.

We never use the cooling section of our water machine in any event so it would not be too much trouble just to use the 1 liter bottles instead

We buy direct from the water factory in Pong near Banglamung. 39 baht / pack for 6 x 1.5 litre bottles or 12 x 600ml if you buy 40 packs. Brand is Tiger...not the beer!

Hi BKKB

could you tell me where exactly this place is in Pong?

Many thanks

That's right. I was thinking of this sort of bottle:

Water_Bottle.jpg

Thanks for the other suggestions anyway.

When you consider the extent that some people in this area will go to to make an extra shilling or two I have become a little suspect of these delivery services, if you catch my drift

Maybe the individual 1 liter bottles could be a better deal on the basis that they are probably untampered with and genuinely filtered.

Do the big bottles not also come with a "tamper-resistant" shrink plastic seal such as one finds on most bottles these days?

Not sure about the quality of our water this last few months, seems to have a funny taste to it that it never had before

We also have it delivered by the pickups at 40 Baht for a large cooler top type container.

We never use the cooling section of our water machine in any event so it would not be too much trouble just to use the 1 liter bottles instead

Do you suspect they are watering the cooler type bottles down?

Do the big bottles not also come with a "tamper-resistant" shrink plastic seal such as one finds on most bottles these days?

KK they do but I am now not so convinced just how good they are. We were having deliveries from one company and the gf is sure she saw the lady refilling a clear/blueish big bottle from one of the white (cheaper) containers just before they deposited them on our step. All the seals seemed okay however so maybe she was mistaken......

Anyway we changed suppliers and now costs us 30 baht for 19L or so (before 35baht) but we definitely get about a litre more per big bottle then we did before - I know because we decant into the 1.5l bottles to put in the fridge. Quality - drinkable but I would not go overboard about it......

Well they are sealed but what does that mean if the water hasn't been properly filtered in the first place?

I get the white opaque bottles delivered with the screw on lid and shrink wrapped. I'm very happy with the water quality - 20 baht/20 litres.

Unless someone gets a detailed chemical analysis of the water, you'll never know how good any of it is, but what I get tastes good.

Hi BKKB

could you tell me where exactly this place is in Pong?

Many thanks

Turn off the Rayong highway and head towards Maprachan. Pass Tesco Express and 7-11 on LHS and temple on RHS. Take next left just before orange low rise buildings. factory is around 400m down this road on RHS