one2car

robbb1

Get a newer one for less

http://www.taladrod.com/w30/iCar/CarDet.aspx?cid=1511098

or another one

http://www.unseencar.com/cardetail.php?carid=59986ID1310

the good bit or is it bad ??

There is NO petrol tank, but 2 CNG tank under the truck... good as no tank in the back bed, maybe bad must be sure where your going has CNG station

Edited by ignis

The range for one filling of gas is quite limited, as I was told.

The Tata has 2 tanks from factory built in, and the option of a 3rd [many do have] in the back, so guess a Tata will go a lot further than most other makes of trucks, of course you are stuck if you run out of gas as there is no petrol tank as most other do have.

To me seams pointless going anywhere and having to use gas + expensive petrol, so the Tata would be the better option... Hate gas myself, did have it installed 30 odd years ago, no end of problems, appears many after market fitted one still have the same problem 30 + year on.. no idea about factory fitted cars/trucks on CNG

The Tata has 2 tanks from factory built in, and the option of a 3rd [many do have] in the back, so guess a Tata will go a lot further than most other makes of trucks, of course you are stuck if you run out of gas as there is no petrol tank as most other do have.

To me seams pointless going anywhere and having to use gas + expensive petrol, so the Tata would be the better option... Hate gas myself, did have it installed 30 odd years ago, no end of problems, appears many after market fitted one still have the same problem 30 + year on.. no idea about factory fitted cars/trucks on CNG

Why is it pointless to have both fuels capability? This is a perfect example of the advantages of both fuels, you use the NG as long as you have it available without limits since there is always an alternative available if you run out and no alternative available which is quite complicated BTW because it's not like you can just run to the nearest station and fill up a portable NG gas tank and run back to refill either? It's a massive inconvenience to run out of fuel and just as much an inconvenience and panic not to know exactly how far you need to travel in order to find a NG station to fill up with. Having the petrol option gives a massive piece of mind of not having to worry about running out without distance or location restrictions and if you don't need to use it it's always there just in case with no need to refill very often unless it it so long between uses that you eventually use it to keep it from getting too old.

Why is it pointless to have both fuels capability? This is a perfect example of the advantages of both fuels, you use the NG as long as you have it available without limits since there is always an alternative available if you run out and no alternative available which is quite complicated BTW because it's not like you can just run to the nearest station and fill up a portable NG gas tank and run back to refill either? It's a massive inconvenience to run out of fuel and just as much an inconvenience and panic not to know exactly how far you need to travel in order to find a NG station to fill up with. Having the petrol option gives a massive piece of mind of not having to worry about running out without distance or location restrictions and if you don't need to use it it's always there just in case with no need to refill very often unless it it so long between uses that you eventually use it to keep it from getting too old.

Yes agree........ my point was most other after market CNG kits [have no idea about factory fitted trucks] have just 1x tank + The range for one filling of gas is quite limited as HRT83100 pointed out... Tata comes from factory with 2 tanks + if you want another to take up space in the rear you can have a 3rd tank..

Did look into Gas in 2011, so few CNG/NG stations looked at LPG, and the best offer was on a Triton where they would fit 2 tacks under the back bed and mount spare wheel in the bed adding another 75,000 baht to the list price... Did not go that route kept with diesel... normal change to a new truck at 400,000 km, not sure petrol/gas engine would last that long

With the long ques at the fill stations I for one would give it a miss. LPG on the other hand is all over the country and if your cars dual fuel you can switch to petrol in a jam. Forget CNG.