first time non-immigrant O visa application

Can anybody tell me if i have to show a ticket for getting a multiple marriage visa? The rules are changed according to the official website and i want to be sure i bring the right papers.

The thing i don't understand is that i have to show a ticket to apply for this multiple visa while married with a thai.

Is that right? Do we always have to show a ticket when applying for the visa? And do i also still have to show them my travelplan?

I like to buy last minute tickets and to get a visa within a few days is not possible/easy for me.

Thanks.

What site are you looking at?

There is no requirement to have a ticket out of the country for a non immigrant visa application. It is not shown on this MFA webpage: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15398-Issuance-of-Visa.html

The dutch consolate website...they say we always need to bring the ticket. The embassy website in The Hague gives more info but also mentions that we have to bring all travel info like tickets or a copy of the flightinfo.

VISUM AANVRAGEN

Voor alle visumaanvragen zijn standard de volgende bescheiden benodigd ;

- Geldig paspoort.

- Kopie van het paspoort ( bladzijde met de foto).

- Kopie van de vluchtgegevens of vliegticket.

- 2 Recente gelijkende pasfoto's ( zwart/wit of kleur ).

- Volledig ingevuld en ondertekend aanvraagformulier.

I see now they also have an english version:

NON - IMMIGRANT VISAS

This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for the following purposes:

1. to conduct business / to work (Category "B")
  2. to study, to come on a work study tour, to participate in projects or seminars , to do an internship (Category "ED")
  3. other activities (Category "O") as follows:
  • to stay with the family, to perfrom duties for the state enterprise or social welfare organizations, to do volunteer work
  • to stay after retirement for the elderly (at the age of 50 or over 50 years old)

Documents required

a) The applicants must submit the following relevant documents depending on the purpose of their visit.

1. Visa application form completely filled out (click here to download application form)
  2. Passport with validity not less than 6 months. The validity of 15 months is required for one year visa application.
  3. A copy of passport
  4. Two photographs of the applicant, taken within the past six months
  5. A copy of flight ticket paid in full (or proof thereof)
  6. A copy of birth certificate (for children only)
  7. Travel plan for one year visa (click here to download travel form)
  8. If you have travelled from or through a country which have been declared a Yellow Fever Infected Area, you must provide an International Health Certificate proving that you have received a Yellow Fever Vaccination. (Click here)to see the list of countries.
  9. A copy of certificate of marriage or its equivalents ("O")
  10. The last two months of evidence of adequate finance (600 Euros per month or 20,000 Euros in the saving account) ("O")
  11. A letter of acceptance / Transcript from the concerned schools/universities or institutes ïn Thailand and a copy of Thai ID card or valid passport and working permit (for foreigner) of the person who signs a signature in the letter ("ED")
  12. A letter from the concerned schools/universities or institutes in the Netherlands stating the objective of the visit to Thailand and a copy of valid passport or European ID card of the person who signs a signature in the letter ("ED")
  13. A letter from a company in the Netherlands stating the objective of the visit to Thailand and a copy of valid passport or European ID card of the person who signs a signature in the letter ("B")
  14. Document showing correspondence with trading partners in Thailand. ("B")
  15. A letter of invitation from companies qualified to employ foreigners and a copy of Thai ID card or valid passport and working permit (for foreigner) of the person who signs a signature in the letter ("B")
  16. A copy of work permit issued by the Ministry of Labour (only in case the applicant has previously worked in the Kingdom ) ("B")
  17. Employment contract indicating rationale for employing the applicant as well as his/her salary, position and qualifications (document must be signed by authorized managing director and affixed the seal of the company) ("B")
  18. Copy of corporate documents from the company in Thailand; namely 1) list of shareholders 2) business registration and business license 3) company profile 4) details of business operation 5) list of foreign workers stating names, nationalities and positions 6) map indicating the location of the company 7) Balance sheet, statement of Income Tax and Business Tax (Por Ngor Dor 50 and Por Ngor Dor 30) of the latest year 8) Alien income tax return (Por Ngor Dor 91) and 9) Value-added tax registration (Por Ngor Dor 20) , etc.("B")
  19. Copy of corporate documents from the company in the Netherlands; namely 1) list of shareholders 2) business registration and business license 3) company profile 4) details of business operation ("B")
  20. Copies of company documents must be signed by Board of Directors and affixed the seal of the company.
  21. Copies of corporate documents must be updated (not older than 6 months).
  22. The applicant must sign on each page of the copy.
  23. In the absence of a required document, a letter explaining the unavailability of such document must be provided.
  24. Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary.

Fee : 60 Euros (single entry), 150 Euros (multiple entries)

http://www.royalthaiconsulateamsterdam.nl/index.php/en/visa-service/non-immigrant-visa-english

See we also need a travelplan......And a bankstatement...But i want to leave Thailand every 3 months and come back do i still need a bankstatement in that case?

Edited by Thian

Yes i agree but if you read their website in dutch language then the first thing they mention is that the rules are changed.

Er zijn diverse regels veranderd ten aanzien voor de visumaanvraag voor Thailand.

Voor alle visumaanvragen zijn standaard de volgende documenten nodig:

- Geldig paspoort;

- Kopie paspoort (bladzijde met de foto);

- Kopie van de vluchtgegevens of vliegticket;

- 2 Recente gelijkende pasfoto's (zwart/wit of kleur);

They tell that many rules are changed for applying and for ALL visa we need all these documents.

In my case i also need the papers from the marriage.

Well i better buy me a ticket first and hope i get my visa before my flight. It would be much easyier if i could do this all in Bangkok but hey.

In the past we could go to the consulate in Amsterdam and 2 hours later we got the visa. Now it takes 2 days plus all the paperwork.

Yes i agree but if you read their website in dutch language then the first thing they mention is that the rules are changed.

Er zijn diverse regels veranderd ten aanzien voor de visumaanvraag voor Thailand.

- Geldig paspoort;

They tell that many rules are changed for applying and for ALL visa we need all these documents.

Well i better buy me a ticket first and hope i get my visa before my flight. It would be much easyier if i could do this all in Bangkok but hey.

In the past we could go to the consulate in Amsterdam and 2 hours later we got the visa. Now it takes 2 days plus all the paperwork.

Maybe the rule change was from requiring tickets to not requiring them (as now)?

- Geldig paspoort;

Maybe the rule change was from requiring tickets to not requiring them (as now)?

Well after all this is the Thai embassy so mistakes in their website/info are pretty common.

The "new rules" clearly state that ALL applicants need to show ticket and travelplan and bankstatement.

So that's what i will have to bring them i guess.

But is it possible for me to go to the Thai embassy in a neighbouring country of Thailand and apply for the multiple visa there without tickets? I m done with those guys here in Holland. You also should see the crappy small basement where they want us to come see them in the Hague. The door is only 170 cm high so we have to bend over when going inside and that's illegal in Holland thumbsup.gif , doors have to be 200 cm high.

But also i don't understand the bankstatement thing. What if a Thai partner has sufficient income like more then the 1200us$ a month? Do i still have to bring bankstatements if that's the case?

But is it possible for me to go to the Thai embassy in a neighbouring country of Thailand and apply for the multiple visa there without tickets?

But also i don't understand the bankstatement thing. What if a Thai partner has sufficient income like more then the 1200us$ a month? Do i still have to bring bankstatements if that's the case?

Most people goes to Laos for the non-imm visa. No proof of funds is necessary.

However you can also obtain it by conversion at Immigration for the purporse of getting an extension of stay, that has to be done in Bangkok.

For an extension, with an embassy-certified income of at least Bt 40,000 a month you don't need funds in the bank..

But is it possible for me to go to the Thai embassy in a neighbouring country of Thailand and apply for the multiple visa there without tickets?

Most people goes to Laos for the non-imm visa. No proof of funds is necessary.

However you can also obtain it by conversion at Immigration for the purporse of getting an extension of stay, that has to be done in Bangkok.

For an extension, with an embassy-certified income of at least Bt 40,000 a month you don't need funds in the bank..

Thanks Paz,

Are you saying that i can get the multiple non-immigrant O from the immigration at Chaeng Wattana in BKK?

I know you can get 30 days extension there on a tourist visa (since a year or so) but i never heard of getting the whole visa from them. They also delivered me the marriage papers.

Sorry but my english is not sufficient enough to understand your words properly.

Last year i was asked for bankstatement at the thai consulate Amsterdam and i wanted to let them know my wife has sufficient salary. I just offered them her businesscard but they even wouldn't look at it. She could have been one of the Shinawatra's.

Well if the extension is 40.000 baht a month then they should just state that i have to show them 5x3x40.000= 600.000 baht in the bank. Now why they don't mention that on their website? That would make things much easyier. In Holland we don't like hidden prices, we just want to know what we are up to and that all customers pay the same price.

Are you saying that i can get the multiple non-immigrant O from the immigration at Chaeng Wattana in BKK?

Yes, visa conversion for the purpose of obtaining an extension. Can be done while on tourist or visa exempt. But many people prefer to start with a multi-entry visa from Savannakhet because it's easier to get, requires no financial proof and if used correctly allows almost 17 months in country with border hops every 3 - 5 months.

Edited by paz

whistling.gif That is almost surely a local rule of the Thai consulate in the Netherlands.

Local consulates or embassy will often have such rules tailored for local conditions.

Every embassy or consulate may add such requirements as they feel are required for local circumstances, which is why it is always important to contact the consulate or embassy for the latest information from them.

whistling.gif That is almost surely a local rule of the Thai consulate in the Netherlands.

Local consulates or embassy will often have such rules tailored for local conditions.

Every embassy or consulate may add such requirements as they feel are required for local circumstances, which is why it is always important to contact the consulate or embassy for the latest information from them.

That would be something if all visa=applicants first call the embassy for the latest info. Then sure they will understand how important an uptodate website is.

I sure won't call them because i allready know they can't speak english/dutch and will just tell me to read the website.

So the Dutch are being discriminated by the Thai government right now. They use different rules in different country's. Oh boy, just wait untill one of our anti-discrimination rightgroups find out about that.laugh.png

A Thai Embassy or Consulate in "your" country is sovereign territory and the "rights" groups will have zero influence on them. Period.

You can fly into Bangkok without a VISA. Once you're there you can go to Savannahket, Laos which is across the border from Mukdahan, Thailand and with the proper documentation you can get your Multiple Entry Non-Immigrant "O" VISA.

The income of your "Partner" in Thailand has absolutely no bearing or your obtaining a VISA—the income must be your own—no joint bank accounts (in Thailand) accepted.

Most people that use the Thai Consulate in Savannahket do not have to show financials, however, one must always be prepared. An income affidavit from your home Embassy in Thailand, or a 20,000 Baht in Thai bank (carry your bank book), or even 20,000 Thai Baht in your pocket can never hurt.

An always be courteous, and smile a lot!

Edited by mosan

You can fly into Bangkok without a VISA. Once you're there you can go to Savannahket, Laos which is across the border from Mukdahan, Thailand and with the proper documentation you can get your Multiple Entry Non-Immigrant "O" VISA.

That is not the only choice. The visa can be also be obtained by conversion as explained above.

Picked up my New 12 Months Non Immi "O" multi.entry Visa a couple of weeks ago at London RTE.

Day one ..Handed in Forms...waited about 10 minutes...(very pleasant)with:

1-Completed Application Form.

2-Passport

3-2 x Picts.

5-Copy of Marriage Cert ( From UK )

5-125 quid.

Day two...Picked up Passport with Visa...(after 11-00am)...5 minutes wait...

10 minutes later ...Coffee in the Science Museum, South Kensington.

I have just been to the Thai Consulate in Glasgow, Scotland today and been informed about a NEW requirement of copy of wife's passport and/or ID card to obtain Non Imm 'O' based on marriage. All the documentation needs to be seen at application and sent to London Embassy for approval. Fortunately, I had a copy of the mem'sahib's ID card on my laptop and London have approved my new Non Imm 'O' already!

Like many others on TV in a fix, UbonJoe was my main source of sage advice, to whom I'm so grateful. :-)

Sorry i am a bit confused. im on my ed visa which runs out in 4 months. I want to get my marriage visa. I know how to get the marriage certified. Do i need to put the money in my account 2 months before my ed visa finished now and then go to loas to get my visa. and what visa do i get in laos? I havent been home for two years as well.

Sorry i am a bit confused. im on my ed visa which runs out in 4 months. I want to get my marriage visa. I know how to get the marriage certified. Do i need to put the money in my account 2 months before my ed visa finished now and then go to loas to get my visa. and what visa do i get in laos? I havent been home for two years as well.

You get a non-imm 'O' visa in Laos. That is explained in many threads that you can read.

The money is needed for an extension of stay in Thailand, not for the visa in Savannakhet Laos.

You must have missed the part where the OP said he wanted a "Multiple Entry" not "Single Entry"—said he travels often and didn't have his financials in order. I gave him the easiest option......What? And exactly where did I say this was the "ONLY" choice?

Edited by mosan

You must have missed the part where the OP said he wanted a "Multiple Entry" not "Single Entry"said he travels often and didn't have his financials in order. I gave him the easiest option......What? And exactly where did I say this was the "ONLY" choice?

I don't think I have missed anything, and did not say you were wrong. I replied to a specific question, again that is: after obtaining a (single entry) visa in Bangkok by conversion, one is given an extension of stay valid 1 year (total 15 months). A re-entry permit will allow to travel as one desires. Not everyone wants or need to go to Laos for visa.

Edited by paz