How much to replace 2nd gen - Nexus 7 screen ?

BKKdreaming

There are repair shops in both Fortune Tower and Pantip (and probably other IT Malls as well) that sell tablet replacement screens but whether they have the specific Nexus screen would be really hit or miss. They can be ordered online but be sure you determine whether or not the price includes the digitizer as well as the screen. If your cracked display doesn't have blotches and bleeding colors then your digitizer is probably ok but it's easy to damage when removing the cracked pieces.

In my own experience, devices with replacement screens did not work well; lots of dead spots.

Isn't the Nexus-7 made by ASUS? Maybe an Asus screen would be compatible.

Good luck on that one. Perhaps an alternative would be to buy new phone?

Give the old one to the next ex? whistling.gif

Except the fact that Nexus 7 is a tablet and not a phone .... whistling.gif

Oooops............so sad, too bad, never mind (or mai pen rai). smile.png

............In my own experience, devices with replacement screens did not work well; lots of dead spots.

Isn't the Nexus-7 made by ASUS? Maybe an Asus screen would be compatible............

Yes it is made by ASUS , and I also have an ASUS Fonepad but the screen is not the same size ,

its hard to tell on eBay which screen + digitizer to get but they seem to be $30-$40 , that plus the labor and if it will work gets it on the borderline of finding a good used one.

if the shop supplies the screen+digitizer and they screw up then they eat it , if I supply it they just hand me back my pile of broken parts if they break it.....

I paid 4000 baht for the installation of a new screen on a Nexus 5 mobile. Nice guy at a little shop 4th or 5th floor at MBK Bangkok. The shop is called 3G Mobile Phone, Line id is sk3g. Lots of other mobile shops there as well. Pantip Plaza would be a good place to look also.

Oooops............so sad, too bad, never mind (or mai pen rai). smile.png

Not to mention that OP posted that it has a cracked screen. I would hate to be on receiving end of your hand me downs. clap2.gif

Hang around, you may get lucky cheesy.gif Sorry - getting off topic here. Sayonara coffee1.gif

Yes, Asus manufactured the Nexus 7 (2013).

Yes, the Nexus 7 was sold here, through Asus channels.

Anything can be repaired here, but I wouldn't expect to be able to find an OEM display/digitizer, except maybe at an official Asus repair facility. And they may have to order it from off-shore and the cost may be excessively high? A plug-compatible screen/digitizer might be able to wedged in, it might not have the same characteristics.

ASUSTek Service Center Thailand ASUS Service Center Rama 9.
Directions
Computer Repair Service · 3.0 km
Address: 65, 1st Floor, Building Mastery Phenjati Bangkok 10310, Thailand.
Phone:+66 2 401 1717
Hours: Open today · 9:00 am – 6:00 pm

I have Nexus 7 and greatly enjoy it but if it needed a screen replacement I would get a new tablet in a heartbeat. Just ordered the Lenovo 2 tab and friend is bringing back from USA. Saw it in person, twiddled and fondled it and greatly loved it. Cost direct from Lenovo USA was $78, could not even buy part of a replacement screen at that price.

If you looking to replace the whole tablet Big C has the ASUS fonepad 7 on sale for 3300 baht in some of the phone counters (On-nut and Rama 4 both have them at that price last week) I bought one myself - ASUS is probably thinking the new 4 gb Zenphone 2 will hurt the fonepad 7 sales and so is getting rid of them .