Bummed! Rimping at Maya closed...

chingmai331

till 10 am now. Not long ago, last week maybe, the shop opened at 6 am. This gave me a destination for my morning walk, sometimes a 69 B breakfast, a bit of shopping but now the management has seen fit to keep the doors closed to mid-morning. I, for one, won't be going there often.

Hubby sometimes went there as part of his morning walk route. He says the early morning breakfast was popular with the Japanese golfing crowd, too. Also, it was nice to have a toilet option on that side of town!

The loss of your 69 thb will be a big hit to their bottom line.

Seriously, though, how many other customers did you ever see at 06:00 a.m.? Probably goes a long way toward explaining the decision.

We would go there sometimes before our morning walks at huay Tueng Tao. Always had customers there..at 630am. Sometimes almost full

The loss of your 69 thb will be a big hit to their bottom line.

Seriously, though, how many other customers did you ever see at 06:00 a.m.? Probably goes a long way toward explaining the decision.

is anyone out at 6:00 other than monks??? seriously, coffee shops don't even open until 9:00 around here. been here close to 20 years. only been outside at 6:00 twice (once was an early morning flight). only saw monks out there.

I fell for the same trap about a month ago. Security guard waved me away and said to come back at 10:00. I wasn't the only one wanting to get in.

Trying to cross the highway to get in there at peak hour is hell! Interesting to see just how many run the red light to get onto the superhighway. Pedestrians have no chance.

Our noble keepers of the peace and order are still asleep at that time.

Hubby sometimes went there as part of his morning walk route. He says the early morning breakfast was popular with the Japanese golfing crowd, too. Also, it was nice to have a toilet option on that side of town!

Nancy what do you mean on that side of town. You live just up the street from it. A very short walk.

I made only my second visit to Maya a couple of weeks ago. I was passing and thought i will just nip in to the Yamazaki bakery in the basement. No luck they have closed the store. Previous visit was well over a year ago so it may been closed for a long time.

Can't you get anyone to read your posts without tricking us by implying something that isn't so??

I mean any failure especially to a place with such a love/hate following is going to attract attention.

If this starts to be a trend we'll have members staying up all night thinking up clever little topic headings to annoy each other.

Like we really need another outlet for that!!

'The Dome' residence 200m closer to the moat (same side of the road) does breakfast for 60bht, open from 6am.

Nice coffee shop too.

Would you mind describing what the 60 B breakfast includes?

Two eggs cooked to order (scrambled, fried, omlette), ham or sausage, two toast with jam, bit of tomato, nasty orange juice.

Coffee is extra but very good (40bht cold, 35bht hot, 10th coffee free). Coffee is grown on her organic family farm behind Doi Saket.

http://noisplace.com/

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Nancy what do you mean on that side of town. You live just up the street from it. A very short walk.

No, it's almost a kilometer and if you're in need of a toilet that can be a long walk!

Hubby is one of the few in town who is up and around most mornings at 5 am - 7 am. Normally he does a circuit around the Old City, with maybe a stop at the Burger King or McD at Thapae Gate if he needs to "answer the call" and take a break for a cup of coffee. A short cut thru CM Ram hospital is another good stop for a nature call, then continue up Huey Kaew. He likes to walk about 10 km a day and to get it done before the traffic starts. He has other circuits and places to stop for coffee and a rest. He tells me about "regulars" who are also out at that hour and it's not all monks, either.

Me -- I'm at home in bed with the cats. I get up about the time he returns home.

No, it's almost a kilometer and if you're in need of a toilet that can be a long walk!

Hubby is one of the few in town who is up and around most mornings at 5 am - 7 am. Normally he does a circuit around the Old City, with maybe a stop at the Burger King or McD at Thapae Gate if he needs to "answer the call" and take a break for a cup of coffee. A short cut thru CM Ram hospital is another good stop for a nature call, then continue up Huey Kaew. He likes to walk about 10 km a day and to get it done before the traffic starts. He has other circuits and places to stop for coffee and a rest. He tells me about "regulars" who are also out at that hour and it's not all monks, either.

Me -- I'm at home in bed with the cats. I get up about the time he returns home.

There are some interesting people hanging around Thapae Gate at 5 AM.

Many Thai's are up early, the market by my house is bustling at 4:30 a.m.

I meet my local cycling club, which I'm the only non-Thai member, at 5 a.m. which means most of us are up at the latest by 4 a.m. as we have to ride to the meeting place first and they ride 7 days a week.

We see the monks on our way home.

What's your favorite headline junglechef?

EAT HERE !!

That's another loss leader :)

(that's a pricing strategy where a product is sold at a price below its market cost to stimulate other sales of more profitable goods or services which is often employed in the restaurant industry)

But I mean it a simpler meaning

Anyway you got me at "EAT"

The plague of making topic subjects intentionally cryptic and/or misleading does seem to be extending to more members.. It used to be just Gonzo. Which is okay because everyone knows by now that they're just banter topics that aren't really about anything. Unless things like the supply of diet coke is a thing to anyone which I really hope it isn't.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

The plague of making topic subjects intentionally cryptic and/or misleading does seem to be extending to more members.. It used to be just Gonzo. Which is okay because everyone knows by now that they're just banter topics that aren't really about anything. Unless things like the supply of diet coke is a thing to anyone which I really hope it isn't.

One has a better chance of being remembered if you are first or only

???

.....but musta got u 2 look ????

Edited by Gonzo the Face

I don't know about breakfast but isn't CAMP open at Maya, 24 hours? I believe you can take the elevator up from the parking lot.....5th floor. They have coffee, cakes and a few omelette dishes. I don't think the same bargains as the Rimping restaurant but it's an option.