Had to pay to shop in Frienship

Oink

You went back and complained over a 20B charge? your kidding me right? about $AU0.65, $US0.50 am i getting this right?

Words fail me......

If only. You had plenty or words here mate.smile.png

I believe the OP was spending Thai money. 20B gets you a loaf of bread here.

Maybe that cheap Thai sweet bread they call bread, I've lived there i know the go, the guy's been living in frugal land to long has lost touch with his roots and reality, 20B won't even buy you a singa out of 7/11, 5B change for a coke zero, a few veggies at the market and i mean just a few, I'm surprised he owns a car it costs money to run one you know and the fuel isn't much less than what we pay for here in AU....

I bet he has no trouble paying 90B for a beer in at a local bar...so lets put it in perspective...there was no rip off just some bad luck hardly grounds for a winge in here over a miserly 20B

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ride my bicycle everywhere cos I'm too tight to pay 26bht for diesel.

The best thing is, I can park anywhere I want, right outside, no charge.

Get a bicycle, save money, help the environment, improve your health.

I might be mildly irritated by the gestapo tactics of getting parked in over 20baht but really I think you have been in Thailand too long or you have nothing much going on in your life if you bother making a fuss over 20baht.

Better to save your outrage for more important things imho.

Once on holiday in Sri Lanka i went to a public toilet there weren't anyone around or signs to say there was a charge to use these toilets, i waltz in and nearly died of the stink had to pull my t-shirt over my nose and the stink still go through, i rushed through my business then got out ASP about half way back to my driver and van some guy stated calling out to me...with no idea what he was saying i keep walking, this dude caught up to me by the time i was back with my driver...when i asked whats he on about? driver tells me i didn't pay to use the toilet.

So my friends i payed the princley sum of around 20B, and yes at first i objected 1 because it seemed like a scam as there were no signs anywhere and 2 of the pure filth of those toilets, but hey it was almost nothing hardly something to write in some forum about....

You went back and complained over a 20B charge? your kidding me right? about $AU0.65, $US0.50 am i getting this right?

Words fail me......

Maybe that cheap Thai sweet bread they call bread, I've lived there i know the go, the guy's been living in frugal land to long has lost touch with his roots and reality, 20B won't even buy you a singa out of 7/11, 5B change for a coke zero, a few veggies at the market and i mean just a few, I'm surprised he owns a car it costs money to run one you know and the fuel isn't much less than what we pay for here in AU....

I bet he has no trouble paying 90B for a beer in at a local bar...so lets put it in perspective...there was no rip off just some bad luck hardly grounds for a winge in here over a miserly 20B

Wrong! It's Farmhouse bread, either white or whole wheat. You can't have lived here long if you've never seen it - it at every single convenience store and supermarket in Thailand.

You're still living in Australia by the sounds of it. We don't all rate the cost of living according to the price of beer.

I might be mildly irritated by the gestapo tactics of getting parked in over 20baht but really I think you have been in Thailand too long or you have nothing much going on in your life if you bother making a fuss over 20baht.

Better to save your outrage for more important things imho.

Once on holiday in Sri Lanka i went to a public toilet there weren't anyone around or signs to say there was a charge to use these toilets, i waltz in and nearly died of the stink had to pull my t-shirt over my nose and the stink still go through, i rushed through my business then got out ASP about half way back to my driver and van some guy stated calling out to me...with no idea what he was saying i keep walking, this dude caught up to me by the time i was back with my driver...when i asked whats he on about? driver tells me i didn't pay to use the toilet.

So my friends i payed the princley sum of around 20B, and yes at first i objected 1 because it seemed like a scam as there were no signs anywhere and 2 of the pure filth of those toilets, but hey it was almost nothing hardly something to write in some forum about....

Interesting that you don't feel 20 baht is not worth writing about on a forum but you contribute quite a bit on the subject here. If it's not worth the effort, don't.smile.png

Edited by tropo

It's something that was caused by Friendship "customers" in the past.

Loads of people were complaining about the fact that they could hardly park at Friendship, because the parking was full.

80% of the parked vehicles belonged to Soi Bhuakow market-visitors and that's why they "invented" this unpopular parking-fee.

Whether it's about THB 10, THB 20 or THB 100......a rule is a rule and a principle is a principle. I would complain as well even if it was about THB 10

I certainly do not complain at this "invented and unpopular parking fee". It is neither. It is totally pragmatic and more than realistic. Parking for free or at minimal cost in the centre of a tourist town. Great value - cannot be beaten anywhere in my opinion.

A parking fee of 20 baht is next to nothing.

I am well aware of the min purchasing for 1000 baht, so I take my truck for bigger shopping and my scooter for minor, easy.

The city is clogged up with cars/trucks so parking is costing money many places.

Words fail me......

Wrong! It's Farmhouse bread, either white or whole wheat. You can't have lived here long if you've never seen it - it at every single convenience store and supermarket in Thailand.

You're still living in Australia by the sounds of it. We don't all rate the cost of living according to the price of beer.

I lived in a bit of a better area I guess for a year, use to go downtown a couple of times a week just to get some decent bread never bothered me spending 60b on transport to get some better quality bread my friend, obviously your a friend of cheap Charlie always defending him.....it's like this and you seemed to have just missed it the first time I wrote it....it wasn't a scam just bad luck, and 20b is hardly worth the effort to write here about, the guy is allowed to vent his frustration but hey to say he went back to the store to complain about the truck parked in front of his car on top of the parking fee shows you what a dudd he is in the first place.

He seems the type that would nit pick anything and everything, I pity anyone who may be living with him.

I lived in a bit of a better area I guess for a year, use to go downtown a couple of times a week just to get some decent bread never bothered me spending 60b on transport to get some better quality bread my friend, obviously your a friend of cheap Charlie always defending him.....it's like this and you seemed to have just missed it the first time I wrote it....it wasn't a scam just bad luck, and 20b is hardly worth the effort to write here about, the guy is allowed to vent his frustration but hey to say he went back to the store to complain about the truck parked in front of his car on top of the parking fee shows you what a dudd he is in the first place.

He seems the type that would nit pick anything and everything, I pity anyone who may be living with him.

We were talking about bread, my friend, and what is available for 20 baht here in Pattaya. I made my point clear in a previous post about what I would have done in the OP's case. I have no interest, my friend, in where you buy your bread in Melbourne or how much you pay for it. What you consider decent bread is highly subjective, but it's pretty obvious that you like to paint yourself as some kind of big spender and berate the OP for being concerned about what you consider an insignificant amount of cash. It's relative, my friend.

I defend what you consider "cheap charlies" because I know a lot of very poor people who would be very concerned about 20 baht. Unless you know the exact financial capacity of a person, you have no right to use the term "cheap charlie" at all.

Now, you criticized the OP for talking the time out to post about 20 baht. Why are you posting here? - you've probably posted more words in this thread than the OP has.

Edited by tropo

Simple shop somewhere else if you are not happy.

Wouldn't spending another 20 baht have done the trick? .....

Exactly!

Thanks! I really enjoyed the video. Thais have a great sense of humour.... and she was pleasant to watch too.biggrin.png

They have free parking in Royal Garden Mall for 2 hours if you spend a certain amount. They used to accept a stamped receipt from a shop, but they changed it so you had to go to the far end of the mall and get it stamped at the information booth, so it was so much trouble you wouldn't bother and just pay.

I think your RG parking info is incorrect. You get the first 2 hours free and you don't have to spend anything. To get the free third hour go to the customer service desk (near the fountain) and they will validate your card for the extra hour.

They have free parking in Royal Garden Mall for 2 hours if you spend a certain amount. They used to accept a stamped receipt from a shop, but they changed it so you had to go to the far end of the mall and get it stamped at the information booth, so it was so much trouble you wouldn't bother and just pay.

I think your RG parking info is incorrect. You get the first 2 hours free and you don't have to spend anything. To get the free third hour go to the customer service desk (near the fountain) and they will validate your card for the extra hour.

My parking info is correct for motorcycles. You pay EVERY hour unless you have a validated receipt, which ONLY gives you 2 hours for free.. which makes sense, otherwise the park becomes a haven for people who want a dry cover on rainy days, or going to the beach or restaurants in the area. The point was really that they make it so inconvenient to have your receipt validated for free parking, that many wouldn't be bothered.

We were talking about bread, my friend, and what is available for 20 baht here in Pattaya. I made my point clear in a previous post about what I would have done in the OP's case. I have no interest, my friend, in where you buy your bread in Melbourne or how much you pay for it. What you consider decent bread is highly subjective, but it's pretty obvious that you like to paint yourself as some kind of big spender and berate the OP for being concerned about what you consider an insignificant amount of cash. It's relative, my friend.

I defend what you consider "cheap charlies" because I know a lot of very poor people who would be very concerned about 20 baht. Unless you know the exact financial capacity of a person, you have no right to use the term "cheap charlie" at all.

Now, you criticized the OP for talking the time out to post about 20 baht. Why are you posting here? - you've probably posted more words in this thread than the OP has.

Your not to good in the reading and comprehension department old bean, i and many here were expressing that the posters experience was far from being a scam and to return to the store to complain has made him look like a tight fisted fool.......

As for "farmhouse bread" it wasn't what i bought at first at villa supermarket in Lad Phrao, ( thats in BKK for your information) I'm pretty sure there is more than one bakery in Thailand serving up a similar product.

You can come down off your high moral horse now old bean if you " don't get it you don't get it" If you wanna go on about the value of 20B start a new thread, I'm guessing your a nit picker too i think i should pity your partner too if you have one.

Didn't see the final result of your comments. Did you get off from paying the fee, or did you pay? If you feel so strongly about that, as I sometimes can, you might consider shopping at another store. As for today, perhaps you could have returned the merchandise you bought back inside the store, and tell them exactly why you are doing so.

Your not to good in the reading and comprehension department old bean, i and many here were expressing that the posters experience was far from being a scam and to return to the store to complain has made him look like a tight fisted fool.......

(LOL, I'm "old bean" now? In your last reply I was "My friend" - what next?).

Come on Mr Bean, if you were good at reading (and comprehension) you would have read my posts above explaining what I would have done if I was in the OP's position. I would have taken note of the time limit and made sure I purchased the required amount next time I shopped (300 baht) in order to get free parking for an hour. I would not have gone inside to complain.

My posts about the value of 20 baht were merely a side note - but you've decided to use them in an attempt to insult people of like mind... and waffled on about how much you pay for things in Melbourne, Australia, as if it has any relevance to the topic.

Now stop posting - you derided the OP for wasting his time posting here - but yet you continue to post.

Edited by tropo

(LOL, I'm "old bean" now? In your last reply I was "My friend" - what next?).

Come on Mr Bean, if you were good at reading (and comprehension) you would have read my posts above explaining what I would have done if I was in the OP's position. I would have taken note of the time limit and made sure I purchased the required amount next time I shopped (300 baht) in order to get free parking for an hour. I would not have gone inside to complain.

My posts about the value of 20 baht were merely a side note - but you've decided to use them in an attempt to insult people of like mind... and waffled on about how much you pay for things in Melbourne, Australia, as if it has any relevance to the topic.

Now stop posting - you derided the OP for wasting his time posting here - but yet you continue to post.

Have either of you considered HRT. It worked for my wife.wai2.gif

Have either of you considered HRT. It worked for my wife.wai2.gif

Did it work for you?

Look at your avatar, clearly it did not for you... giggle.gif

LOL. Do you have any clue about HRT? The question was inane. I broke 5 PC's already, after reading the nonsense on here.biggrin.png

With the Cheap Charrlies it is always a matter of principle. It could hardly be otherwise, no?

PS cannot buy a loaf for 20 baht, but can get half a sliced loaf for 18 baht in 7-11

A matter of principle is simply a matter of principle regardless of the cost....

Now, we may throw away the idea to protest against a 20 baht charge we feel is unfair... However, incase that 20 baht to 2000 baht or 20,000 baht and the arguments remain the same and equally as valid - the only difference is the cost.

I personally understand the Ops gripe... however, as with much of life I've learnt to let go of some issues of principle but understand and respect those who don't or won't for it is those people who maintain a certain level of 'status quo' and maintain the balance for the rest of us to who can't be bothered to argue the small stuff, yet expect there to be understanding when faced with the larger issues.

These are simply the 'thin end of the Wedge' issues and are seemly silly until they get a bit greater and have an effect on us... then we are prepared to cry, moan, b^tch, whinge etc...

.....for the most part those who complain at the small stuff prevent much of the potentially bigger stuff from impacting us...

It is not the principle. There is a difference between petty theft and grand larceny. Both are stealing.

It's a good thing the principled folks on Thai Visa are not running the world. 10 year old kids would be in the pen with Bernie Madoff.

It is not the principle. There is a difference between petty theft and grand larceny. Both are stealing.

Yeah, and "grand larceny" is only a crime in the US, nowhere else.

This thread is not about theft. It's about the price of parking at Friendship Supermarket.

Yeah, and "grand larceny" is only a crime in the US, nowhere else.

This thread is not about theft. It's about the price of parking at Friendship Supermarket.

A number of people in this thread have made the egregious error that quantity/degree has nothing to do with principle. Which of course anyone who has a lick of sense knows is absurd. A slap is not the same as attempted murder although both might be considered assault. There is petty theft and grande theft. Someone steals 20 baht from you is not the same as a person stealing 200,000 baht from you. The punishment for grand larceny in England was death and It remains an offense in the United States and New South Wales, Australia, although I don't think the penalty is still death. However if the posters of this thread had anything to say about it ....... since it is not the amount but the principle ........ I guess it still might be death to the parking lot attendant.

I really regret starting this thread. I was only trying to give info.

However, there appears to be retards that are compelled to piss all over everyone else ideals

I will not fight to the death over 20 Baht.

Closed

odd, it would seem it is not closed.

However, there appears to be retards that are compelled to piss all over everyone else ideals

Closed

Maybe there is hope for the incontinent retards yet?rolleyes.gif

Closed

Only a moderator can close a topic, and whilst this topic twists and turns all over the place there is still some life left in it smile.png

With the Cheap Charrlies it is always a matter of principle. It could hardly be otherwise, no?

PS cannot buy a loaf for 20 baht, but can get half a sliced loaf for 18 baht in 7-11

A matter of principle is simply a matter of principle regardless of the cost....

Now, we may throw away the idea to protest against a 20 baht charge we feel is unfair... However, incase that 20 baht to 2000 baht or 20,000 baht and the arguments remain the same and equally as valid - the only difference is the cost.

I personally understand the Ops gripe... however, as with much of life I've learnt to let go of some issues of principle but understand and respect those who don't or won't for it is those people who maintain a certain level of 'status quo' and maintain the balance for the rest of us to who can't be bothered to argue the small stuff, yet expect there to be understanding when faced with the larger issues.

These are simply the 'thin end of the Wedge' issues and are seemly silly until they get a bit greater and have an effect on us... then we are prepared to cry, moan, b^tch, whinge etc...

.....for the most part those who complain at the small stuff prevent much of the potentially bigger stuff from impacting us...

Op clearly stated it was a SCAM, it was just bad luck, he should of hit the owner of the pick up blocking him for the 20B. good luck with that, rather than your idea of principle how about "don't sweat the small stuff" and put it in perspective instead, we are free to shop were we like if so incensed shop elsewhere i take my business if i feel wronged or poorly served elsewhere, you wanna post for all to see expect to get ridiculed over what really is a small matter, for the looney one in here rather than answer every post and since your in the said area take it up with management of that centre....go deal with Thai customer service and expect to trash your 6th and 7th computer.