Had to pay to shop in Frienship

Oink

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the topic of peanuts, what would some of you more affluent members have done here:

Going through the checkout yesterday at Tops Central, one of my items was scanned at 92 baht, but the item was clearly marked at 86 baht?

Would you have let it go, or brought it to the attention of the checkout lady?

On the topic of peanuts, what would some of you more affluent members have done here:

Going through the checkout yesterday at Tops Central, one of my items was scanned at 92 baht, but the item was clearly marked at 86 baht?

I would have brought it to the attention of the checkout lady.

I probably wouldn't have noticed but sometimes these things depend on what type of mood you are in at the time.

If I was in a bad mood I might have mentioned it but otherwise I probably would let it slide i.e. too much of a hassle for six baht

I would have brought it to the attention of the checkout lady.

likewise.

And would have waited patiently & silently & smilingly for her to sort it out - not my job. B6 or B600, mai pen rai.

Ah, but then I am retired and rarely have a schedule to maintain.

Any subsequent customer queues which form can blame their 'systems' and not the customer

I probably wouldn't have noticed but sometimes these things depend on what type of mood you are in at the time.

If I was in a bad mood I might have mentioned it but otherwise I probably would let it slide i.e. too much of a hassle for six baht

As it turned out, I ended up with a 13 baht discount as they couldn't sort it out and just scanned another item of similar price.

There's only one shop that can easily rip me off - Foodland. They're too fast and the screen is too small.. and the bill is almost entirely written in Thai so very difficult to check. Everywhere else it's easy to check items as they are coming through. I just don't trust the scanning system and can't count the number of times they've tried to overcharge me at various supermarkets. The problem is usually on discounted items, so if an item is discounted I make sure to check it coming through.

I think this particular incident highlights the fact that often it is often a matter of principal even when the price difference is small and insignificant. If an item is marked as discounted, I expect that discount.

Edited by tropo