Help for health insurance please. 2500 - 4000 THB per month.

dagling

I am confused by all insurance companies, and people I talk to about which company I should choose due to service and coverage. Want tips from people who have good insurance, no tips on brokers who all want to make money ;-)

I have a budget between 2500 to 4000 baht per month which should be enough for me who is 48 years old.

Important for me that the company is recognized and that when I submit proof of insurance, that they initiate treatment immediately and NOT to pay in advance and ask for a refund, and not lie for hours and wait for a confirmation the basis of insurance that I am insured I prior to treatment.

I started a thread here a few days ago "ACS / Allianz any good?" Where I also ask about BUPA. Both negative responses.

Is it so that one becomes acutely ill or have an accident in which one is not conscious or is not clear and present one proof of insurance, they are NOT initiates treatment immediately and must wait for the insurance company?

Can add that I like Norwegian, also get covered up 15,000 baht per day in case of illness in Thailand by the Norwegian government. But the problem is that they then have to call the Norwegian Embassy in Bangkok (which does not open on weekends), and that I must prepay treatment and then apply for reimbursement.

I want an assurance that ensure rapid and unproblematic processing. NOT prepay.

Yes, of course brokers want to make money. But you pay the same price whether you go via a broker or direct, and a good broker knows his business. So you pay the same for added value, so I'd always do this via a broker.

Then regarding negative responses, I would not worry about those too much unless it becomes a trend. Bupa e.g. really does not have a bad reputation in Thailand, but you'll always find people who are unhappy, and they tend to be the loudest.

Bupa is big in Thailand, has many options to choose from and has direct payment options with nearly all Thai hospitals.

AA Insurance Brokers seem to offer the best advice and deal with all the medical companies - they have proved themselves to be reliable over the years which is the most important ting

www.aainsure.net

From personal experience I completely disagree with your statement, just because they are a sponsor does not necessarily equate to being proved reliable though I daresay there are also people who are happy with them as well as us that weren't

If you are insured with one of the Thai-based insurers that pay directly their network hospitals and you arrive at one of those hospitals in an unconscious or disoriented condition, my guess is the first thing they would do is go through your on person ID to see if you carry an Insurer Membership card. Which means that if you are so covered, you should always carry the card with you.

Pacific cross, Greg is the guy to deal with, very professional and will give yiou what you need.

This is a list of BUPA office locations where you can deal with someone in person both before and after coverage. Does Greg travel a lot?

BUPA locations
Bangkok
Bupa Head Office (Convent)
Bupa Phetkasem 69
Bupa Chaengwattana
Bupa Kaset-Nawamin
Bupa Sukhumvit 101 (Piyarom place)
Bupa Ratchapruek
Bupa Ladprao
Central region
Bupa Hua Hin
Northern region