Price of Cheers goes... down?

Stan42

For the first time the price of a can of Cheers Red has actually gone down by 3thb as of a few days ago, without reduction in Alc% or amount. They also sell them now in packs of 2. I don't know why, but I welcome this.

siam sato in 2008 25 baht

siam saton in 2015 33 baht.

thats one baht increase per year.

thailand is only a bargain for transport, loose tobaco, street food and rent nowadays .

beers cheaper in oz if you buy bulk generic european brands.

thailand is only a bargain for transport, loose tobaco, street food and rent nowadays .

Oh no! 1 baht a year?!?! And for such a high grade product blink.png

Time to pack my bags and head home.

Shirts and Shoes are cheap too, try wearing when you go buy beer, they might knock a baht off if a regular customer....555

Shirts and Shoes are cheap too, try wearing when you go buy beer, they might knock a baht off if a regular customer....555

i have shirt and shoes but first thing in the morning 38 degree heat i just stroll bare foot.

looks like thailands original hippie mentality has turned in to an snobby uptight rich clientele mentality

Maybe transport with bus or train but transport by air (domestic) is not cheap (and def not safe) compared to example Vietnam - I agree rent is cheap but many other Things when looking at the quality is in fact not cheap ...

i have shirt and shoes but first thing in the morning 38 degree heat i just stroll bare foot.

looks like thailands original hippie mentality has turned in to an snobby uptight rich clientele mentality

Yep, that's me....but if you knew the Thai people, you would respect them by wearing clothes when you go shopping. You don't have to be a snob to work that one out...khao jai mai?

i knkw its not alot but for a thai it is alot specially if they are surviving on 300 baht per day.

by the way why such a snobby attitude some of the coolest people ive even met are poor people.

All people who wear shirts are snobs to you mate, say something nice for once

Current example please!

i knkw its not alot but for a thai it is alot specially if they are surviving on 300 baht per day.

by the way why such a snobby attitude some of the coolest people ive even met are poor people.

Not snobby towards Thais, I understand those on low income don't have the same choices available to them as those who are well off.

I'm not overly fond of Westerners who come out here with barely a penny to their name complaining about how expensive things are however. Thailand might not be as cheap as it used to be, but where is? As long as you aren't living in central Bangkok, anyone earning over 35k a month can have a comfortable lifestyle that should mean not having to worry about the 1 baht per annum increase in Siam Sato. While I am not pointing figures, I would think the only westerners worried about such things would be drunks who spend a disproportionate amount of their income on alcohol. You don't have to be long here to realise there are a rather high number of those wherever one might be in the Kingdom. sad.png

Not snobby towards Thais, I understand those on low income don't have the same choices available to them as those who are well off.

I'm not overly fond of Westerners who come out here with barely a penny to their name complaining about how expensive things are however. Thailand might not be as cheap as it used to be, but where is? As long as you aren't living in central Bangkok, anyone earning over 35k a month can have a comfortable lifestyle that should mean not having to worry about the 1 baht per annum increase in Siam Sato. While I am not pointing figures, I would think the only westerners worried about such things would be drunks who spend a disproportionate amount of their income on alcohol. You don't have to be long here to realise there are a rather high number of those wherever one might be in the Kingdom. sad.png

what if they are havin fun been broke bummin round thailand

Cheers Extra went down from 46 to 44 like one year ago. Then in April (?) the price was raised from 44 to 47. Are you telling me it's 44 again?

Also, there have always been twin packs of Cheers Extra. Not in Family Mart, but in selected Seven Elevens.

what if they are havin fun been broke bummin round thailand

If they're having fun, they wouldn't be complaining, would they.

i only drink heiniken beer and eat lobster and cavier .

actually champagne and hennesy is all i drink when im outa heineken and i own a mansion in london and am in media back in farangland .

im also best friends with the sargent of police in every single province of thailand but i cannot find buri ram or chon buri on a map and couldnt tell you if phuket was in the south of thailand or even near the andaman sea but rather pretend guess answer some thiing like somewhere near koh phan ngan where koh samet meets myanmar near sinoukville .

either way im a wealthy farang who lives in budget accomadation and im 59 years old and have a lot of girl friends but you never see them and you will have to buy me a beer to chat with me because im too busy too talk to you and actually well im just been a pretend rich grey haired old farang b*÷÷#£¥t artist .

Current example please!

He would not be able to give current example because the statement is BS

Very true....nothing is cheap anymore. To say the truth I can live cheaper in my own country nowadays

Cheers Extra went down from 46 to 44 like one year ago. Then in April (?) the price was raised from 44 to 47. Are you telling me it's 44 again?

Also, there have always been twin packs of Cheers Extra. Not in Family Mart, but in selected Seven Elevens.

Are you talking red or blue ?

Are you talking red or blue ?

Red. But blue is even cheaper than red now.

thailand never had a hippie mentality. that was reserved for rude farang

Cheers Xtra is decent, but keep in mind they too lowered ABV% from 6.5 to 6.0.

Still, it is nowhere as bad as Chang... from 6.4 to know 5.5

Go for Archa... or Tiger if you want to spend a little extra.

LEO is okay at times, Chang has gone down the toilet... Cheers is ok for the price, as is Red Horse.

Archived