Former British soldier jailed for 50 years in Thailand for drug dealing

webfact

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What i find annoying is Thailands double standard. It's OK for a Thai to kill a cop with his Ferrari and a Thai to kill a cop with her Mercedes and not see the inside of a jail. But rub your momma if a foreigner does something even potentially illegal and they give you the time of all the guilty Thais that get away with clear murder.

Assuming the charges are true, how much money could he actually net in profit selling 200 tablets? Sounds like just living hand to mouth. The real story is who long was he in Thailand, how long did he plan to stay, when did his money run out? I am assuming his money ran out and that is why he would try to make some money selling the drug. If he was a user and that was one of the reasons he needed money, then I am feel very sorry for the man's addiction if so.

What i find annoying is Thailands double standard. It's OK for a Thai to kill a cop with his Ferrari and a Thai to kill a cop with her Mercedes and not see the inside of a jail. But rub your momma if a foreigner does something even potentially illegal and they give you the time of all the guilty Thais that get away with clear murder.

It's about money not race. Just like wealthy Thais, wealthy foreigners will always have a better chance of escaping justice.

He was a dealer, fine. However he would have needed a source. That source was Thai, that you can be sure off.

Did they attempt to get him to give up the supplier? They obviously were undercover to catch him, so they knew he was a dealer. Why not play the long game and get the distributor?

As many have said................ he didn't get 50 years for dealing. He got 50 years for dealing on someone else's turf. He got 50 cause he wasn't kicking it back to those in control. He got 50 as a warning to other foreigners. A Thai dealer can pay protection, give kickbacks and be controlled. A foreigner on the other hand........................................... For those of you who are not aware. Google the two biggest importers and sellers of drugs in Thailand and you will be pleasantly surprised............ or not. ???? 50 years.................... unbelievable........................ expected but unbelievable. blink.png

Happy new Thai bash!

the indonesians might have executed him! or is that only if you try and leave with the drugs! LOL which really makes no logical sense.

I mean you are LEAVING the country which were bought in your country! and taking them to another country to sell to people there..

why would you give a shit, so in return you kill those people!

now, selling drugs in your country, to your native people, YES, I get it.. punish the people..

now 200 extacy pills, what a scam really, the cop was out there looking to arrest a small fry guy, acting like a buyer, basically motivating someone to fill your order.

when this guy tells you he has your order, you arrest him with the large quantity , and you act like you have arrested this big fish LOL

meanwhile slave owners are keeping slaves on boats, pimps own whores, people are murdered, and these people do a couple years tops.

really messed up..

BIG pharma exes must read this news and JUST LAUGH! the shit those guys are pushing daily on people, and meanwhile the so called evil bad dealers on the street

selling the FUN drug, go to jail for life, what a joke..

Do you really need "FUN" drugs to have fun?

Assuming the charges are true, how much money could he actually net in profit selling 200 tablets? Sounds like just living hand to mouth. The real story is who long was he in Thailand, how long did he plan to stay, when did his money run out? I am assuming his money ran out and that is why he would try to make some money selling the drug. If he was a user and that was one of the reasons he needed money, then I am feel very sorry for the man's addiction if so.

I read that they sell for 1000 baht each tab, so 200,000 baht less what he pays the supplier, not worth going to jail for 50 years.

The Birmingham news article said his father owns a restaurant in Pattaya. Anybody know which one?

His dad's restaurant is on soi lengkee, up for sale or it was.

He got caught with Ya-E......not yaba....There is a diffrence. Ya -E is sold at most discos and night clubs in Thailand. Most of it is imported from Europe. It sells for 500b a pill.......He must have pissed off the judge or who knows who. 50 years is way to long of a term. Harmful yes...Just asl Michail J Fox, he used it daily and got Pakinsons from it. It destroys the dopamine receptors

I read that they sell for 1000 baht each tab, so 200,000 baht less what he pays the supplier, not worth going to jail for 50 years.

1000-1500 depending on the quality and where hey are made

Do you really need alcohol to have fun?

E or weed or LSD or cannabis are no different as substances to have 'fun'. They just happen to be less harmful and cause less misery as well as accounting for far less crime.

Really? Seems very expensive, given that so much of the manual labour force among others are on them, and they sure as hell cannot afford that everyday.

Thats nearly 30-40 dollars a pill. Thats not right.

E or weed or LSD or cannabis are no different as substances to have 'fun'. They just happen to be less harmful and cause less misery as well as accounting for far less crime.

Why are you asking somebody that doesn't drink if I need alcohol to have fun, not everybody needs to be sozzled to enjoy them selves. And I'm glad you are deluded to think that LSD "is less harmful", try telling that to Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac, his brain all these years later is still addled.

Really? Seems very expensive, given that so much of the manual labour force among others are on them, and they sure as hell cannot afford that everyday.

We are talking about E's right?

Why are you asking somebody that doesn't drink if I need alcohol to have fun, not everybody needs to be sozzled to enjoy them selves. And I'm glad you are deluded to think that LSD "is less harmful", try telling that to Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac, his brain all these years later is still addled.

I didn't know that you were teetotal but the question was more rhetorical

And no delusion at all - Peter Green may have well overdone it, but the scientific and accepted fact is that LSD is one of the least harmful substances - it is actually below ecstasy in the harm index along with mushrooms and buprenorphine. Way above it, right at the top is alcohol.

I think you are getting confused between E and yaba - 2 VERY different things. The price of E in Thailand varies according to quality. Can probably pick up for a minimum of 500 baht but I know from several people that on Koh Chang they go for up to $50. If you look at the UK, good pills now sell for around £12-15 so given the problems of getting them to Thailand, the prices sound about right (all a little ironic when you consider the majority of the precursor for making MDMA comes from Cambodia)

Yep there were defo victims of the strong lsd from its persistent use in the 1970's the couple i saw in my home town suffered from persistent twitch's and were a touch anti social. But it was reckoned with Peter green he suffered from pre existing mental health/ personality disorder issues

rijit

Edited by rijit

Yes, Ya Ba, ecstasy, MDMA, its all one and the same. Its all methamphetamine, there is very little difference.

LOL!

Saying there is little difference between MDMA and yaba is like saying there is little difference between sausage with mash and Thai red curry

They are VERY different substances, both pharmacologically and in effects they have. Yaba is highly addictive - MDMA is not.

Perhaps read some facts on both substances before saying such a ludicrous statement

Yep there were defo victims of the strong lsd from its persistent use in the 1970's the couple.i saw in my home town suffered from persistent twitch's and were a touch anti social but it was reckoned with Peter green suffered from pre existing mental health/ personality disorder issues

rijit

You've hit a nail on the head there mate - pre existing mental health/ personality disorder issues are a BIG problem with any substance use; from alcohol to cannabis. But then again, even personal trauma can be a catalyst for those conditions

Yes, Ya Ba, ecstasy, MDMA, its all one and the same. Its all methamphetamine, there is very little difference.

Er, have you bothered to read the posts and links explaining the difference?

Nope, but i have tried both, and from my personal experience of trying them, there is little difference.

Nope, but i have tried both, and from my personal experience of trying them, there is little difference.

From that I'd guess you didn't have real MDMA

You could't be further from the truth

Yep even going bac in the day people with uneducated.moral issues regarding drugs and.their.social use held far 2 much sway in the majority of debates

rijit

From that I'd guess you didn't have real MDMA

Quite possible, i am by no means an expert on it, just saying my personal experience of trying the variety of mentaphetamine based drugs are all very similar.

Dealing drugs is like drinking and driving... you sure can kill people.

Yes, 50 years seems disproportionate, but not uncommon for drugs dealers in Thailand, and just how many of the hundreds of foreigners have done more than a few years in a Thai "Hell Hole" before being released and kicked out the Kingdom.

In reality he is lucky he was caught by the cops, I his business it is very common to get taken out by rivals.

If you cant do the time dont do the crime.

Anybody dealing drugs is dealing DEATH. scum of the earth.

You pathetic old man. You have probably no idea how safe ecstasy is compared to say alcohol.

You mus be very sad if you have no compassion for a young lad given 50 years in a hell hole for such a minor "crime" It is basically a death sentence.

BTW, do you like a drink?

Not very safe for the dealer heheheheheheh