Former British soldier jailed for 50 years in Thailand for drug dealing

webfact

The Birmingham news article said his father owns a restaurant in Pattaya. Anybody know which one?

His dad's restaurant is on soi lengkee, up for sale or it was.

Prior to that Russ did a stint running Shooters soi 7 and before that ran TQ2 up the road before a partner died and it got messy with a Thai wife and she stepped in and kicked out the other farang partner. [letter in that tq2 blog].

Lance is documented in all those places; and not positively. There is history, or better said, pathos is evident in the demise.

This is a classic falang story in Thailand where sense of 'self' vastly outstrips self and reality and the Thai environment.

Living the life but beyond the means without any security. Sense of expectation beyond the day.

I feel sorry for the boy but the thing that most affects me is that; father and son were both playing in unreal circumstances and neither stopped the clock.

And when the house falls down, and there is no money to deal with these circumstances, it is borderline pathetic given the risks being run. Two sites have been set up to raise 3,000,000 baaaht bail. The facebook page was up and running yesterday, down today. Suddenly, bail is dead, convicted and an appeal is on allowing jail time. Farked up!

Even the lawyers listed weren't lawyers but bails bondsmen. I am sure there were other real lawyers but my point is that they have not tackled this situation, given their guilt with the full knowledge their experience should have given them. That site even mentions that some of their clients once on bail determine flight a better option. Certainly true for lance in hindsight. post hoc ergo propter hoc

But it seems Lance et al have pissed someone off and they, Russ and Lance and co knew it. It appears they were given a potential recant time, 3 days in the safe house, pay a fine or 'dues', didn't take it.

50 years is the message.

I sound callous and righteous and expect some flack for being blunt but not as callous as 50 years or 5! I probably am a bit but that is the stark reality of life in Thailand and especially Pattaya has taught. When i was stupid i knew the price was higher here and not relativistic to anywhere else. When some-else was stupid, i laughed but heeded their story too. Most of us do.

Lance and Russ and family did not and are now door knocking for funds. It is a classic remedial falang/pattaya story.

Sorry if you don't like this post but frankly if more really let these truism sink in then there might be less of this and we can carry on with the wingless condo flights.

Do not apologize for being blunt, nice to see a post from someone who is in the know and knows what's going on.

I an sure Russ knew his sob was dealing, and I am sure all knew if you did not pay within 3 days shit will hit the fan, 3 million is being touted about now, but I am sure the first offers was less than this amount.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES,Glasgow

The drug capital of Europe, and high crime levels due to dole scroungers robbing houses, mugging people for their bit of heaven. Crime gangs fighting and killing each other for their turf.

Did you just step out a tardis? Or was it a retardis?

Hibernation for you then, google and find how disgusting Glasgow is

No need, I lived and worked there and know all its issues. My point was more that you were talking sh*t. London is the cocaine capital of Europeand, weirdly, Lithuania and Estonia have bigger heroin problems. The 'no mean city' tag was thrown many years ago.

So, tell me, what delightful place did you come from?

So he will do 8 years max and then be sent back to the UK to serve another 3 or 4 and then paroled to go about his business!

No, he will have to serve one third of his sentence before consider for a prisoner repat.

Then once at home (if he survives) he will only serve a short time in prison because of the severity of this punishment.

Wrong,

I am sorry but you are in an area where I am well versed. The law changed around mid 2000. I answered earlier in this thread what he will get.

When a sentence of 50 years or life is imposed, it is 8 years before they can apply to be repatriated, on a 25 year sentence it is 4 years. It usually takes an additional 6 to 9 months for paperwork to be formalized after this period. Very few prisoners receive a King's pardon for drug offenses.

On lower sentences, such as 4 or 6 years, it is the equivalent of one third of the sentence before they are eligible to apply to be repatriated under Thai law.

Once home, he will not serve a quick sentence and then released, that is not how it works and is not how the Thai/UK treaty works. He will serve" half of the balance " of the sentence remaining minus any good behavior class of days and minus any royal decrees or amnesties given.

He will still receive amnesties from Thailand whilst in a UK prison as he is there being held under a Thai conviction. His sentence cuts under amnesty are subject to the class of prisoner he was when he was repatriated. There are six classes, outstanding, very good, good, standard, bad and very bad. These determine the cut under an amnesty. For example if the cut is 1 year in four for an outstanding class of prisoner, a very good prisoner would receive a cut of one year in five and so forth. Prisoners in the bad and very bad class receive nothing.

The half of the remaining balance has been agreed by the two nations in a treaty and other nation states have different treaties with Thailand, some a lot better.

Any change in UK law means it must also undergo a treaty change and the two countries must both be in agreement to it.

No! Just read the story of Michael Connell.

http://www.thaiprisonlife.com/news/drug-smuggler-michael-connell-back-in-the-uk/

He was given 99 Years but after his appeal he ended up with 20 Years. He just got back to the UK after serving 8 Years in a Thai Prison. Which is a little more than one-third his sentence.

He technically has 12 Years left of his sentence to serve in the UK. From that he can get half this time reduced through Parole and Good Behavior. So he still has to serve 6 years in the UK at least. That brings the total time spent in a prison to 14 years and certainly not what you are suggesting.

At any rate, if this young man does not win his appeal that 50 years will seem like a very long time. Even if he only spends 8 years in a prison in Thailand full of cockroaches, sleeping in a room full of other sometimes sickly prisoners, sleeping on a concrete floor, and eating Fish Heads and Spoiled Rice each day. Of this I am sure!

I already explained the law changed in the mid 2000s if you look at my previous posts.

Also, the reason he served eight years in the Thai prison is due to the length of time it takes to process appeals from the provincial court, to the appeals court and finally the Supreme court.It is only coincidence that it equates around a third. His sentence was initially more or less a life sentence reduced on appeal.Had he been given 20 years in the beginning, he would only have had to serve four in a Thai prison. The guy has been very fortunate with his appeal considering where he was caught and the place where he was caught. When you look at Michael Connell's sentence and the amounts quoted, then this most recent case sentence looks ridiculous.

I am confident that with any decent lawyer, this boy Lance's sentence will be reduced substantially unless there is something seriously wrong that has not been reported here.

Moving now to the UK part of the sentence, as I mentioned you will serve " half of the balance left to serve " that is exactly what I was suggesting! So, his balance is 12 years, he will serve six years. He will then be released. His sentence is not then over by any means. The remaining six years of the sentence will be served in the community.

When in the UK, he is entitled subject to his ' behavior class ' a remission and also he is entitled to any amnesties given in Thailand as he is imprisoned in the UK but being held under an offence committed in Thailand.

You are spot on regards the food in the prison. However, food from outside is available ( usually at a premium ) they can have coffee, tea, various canned foods, Mama, a variety of fresh foods such as fish and chicken and fruit which they can purchase from their prison account, up to a limit of 200 baht a day. That is to say that his family send him money via the British Embassy to prison.

Klong Prem is indeed full of large cockroaches and other vermin as is Bang Kwang and facilities are way below European standards.He will get vitamins tablets supplied by the charity " prisoners abroad " via the UK Embassy.

The Birmingham news article said his father owns a restaurant in Pattaya. Anybody know which one?

His dad's restaurant is on soi lengkee, up for sale or it was.

Prior to that Russ did a stint running Shooters soi 7 and before that ran TQ2 up the road before a partner died and it got messy with a Thai wife and she stepped in and kicked out the other farang partner. [letter in that tq2 blog].

Lance is documented in all those places; and not positively. There is history, or better said, pathos is evident in the demise.

This is a classic falang story in Thailand where sense of 'self' vastly outstrips self and reality and the Thai environment.

Living the life but beyond the means without any security. Sense of expectation beyond the day.

I feel sorry for the boy but the thing that most affects me is that; father and son were both playing in unreal circumstances and neither stopped the clock.

And when the house falls down, and there is no money to deal with these circumstances, it is borderline pathetic given the risks being run. Two sites have been set up to raise 3,000,000 baaaht bail. The facebook page was up and running yesterday, down today. Suddenly, bail is dead, convicted and an appeal is on allowing jail time. Farked up!

Even the lawyers listed weren't lawyers but bails bondsmen. I am sure there were other real lawyers but my point is that they have not tackled this situation, given their guilt with the full knowledge their experience should have given them. That site even mentions that some of their clients once on bail determine flight a better option. Certainly true for lance in hindsight. post hoc ergo propter hoc

But it seems Lance et al have pissed someone off and they, Russ and Lance and co knew it. It appears they were given a potential recant time, 3 days in the safe house, pay a fine or 'dues', didn't take it.

50 years is the message.

I sound callous and righteous and expect some flack for being blunt but not as callous as 50 years or 5! I probably am a bit but that is the stark reality of life in Thailand and especially Pattaya has taught. When i was stupid i knew the price was higher here and not relativistic to anywhere else. When some-else was stupid, i laughed but heeded their story too. Most of us do.

Lance and Russ and family did not and are now door knocking for funds. It is a classic remedial falang/pattaya story.

Sorry if you don't like this post but frankly if more really let these truism sink in then there might be less of this and we can carry on with the wingless condo flights.

Do not apologize for being blunt, nice to see a post from someone who is in the know and knows what's going on.

I an sure Russ knew his sob was dealing, and I am sure all knew if you did not pay within 3 days shit will hit the fan, 3 million is being touted about now, but I am sure the first offers was less than this amount.

Fundamentally this is the essence for me.

We can moralize all we want but when your arse is in a sling and you are given a way out, you take it. Even if it appears overs, it isn't and the lesson comes for free. Pay the piper and fluck off to be happy you can see the sunlight.

I have no doubt they were invited to deal out of the situation but chose to ride rough-shod and take their chances. Take Lance's chances. It is the Thai way and it is real not a bar story.Just business frankly.

Sure there are a whole lot of other issues this thread has distilled over 20+ pages, but if it were any poster here facing whatever you could imagine with 200+ pill, you deal. 5/10,000 dollars or what ever the figure and done. Certainly not,as nev notes, three million B for bail plus costs.

It is the stupid factor and the moral in the story. Farangego + thaistyle + legal differential + (no hold cards) = lose. (thai sanook mak)(farang put mai di mak bah.gif !!).

no ones mentioned the young and innocent these scum sell there drugs too,

giving them the first fix or two to get them hucked,

he new what he was doing and making good money,

Pretty certain that this guy would have been selling to friends and their friends. Your perception that all drug dealers hang out around school gates pushing dirty gear to all and sundry is frankly wrong and ridiculous.

Ecstasy is not heroin, ice or crack cocaine. If you're going to post in a topic such as this at least be diligent enough to read up about it in a bit more detail and don't take tabloid scare stories as gospel, it makes you appear a brainwashed simpleton (which am sure you aren't). Most of the time tabloid stories are sensationalized nonsense or incredibly rare instances of people losing the plot from abusing cocktails of drugs legal and illegal over a long period.

In short, open your eyes a bit.

Does not matter what the drug is, the thai law stated that particular drug is class 1 end of story.We could have another thread on why this is class 1 but the bottom line, was, he is selling class 1 drugs, and no doubt been doing it for ages, if not years.This is not an innocent guy who made a silly mistake, and as some say, there is far more in this story.

OK Bernard am aware of the phrase that advises against arguing with a fool as they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Pretty sure based on your comment that is what will happen if I persist any longer than this message.

The type of drug is very pertinent here, it is less harmful if it is manufactured as intended than alcohol and other drugs and medicines legal and illegal. The class 1 grading is frankly ridiculous & in desperate need of review, not arguing that the guy was stupid to be selling. I am arguing that the denouncers of all "drugs" are in many many cases completely clueless about the effects / levels of harm and dependence that different drugs have.

So instead of berating me and others who have experience and knowledge in the subject, how about spend the time you would have spent beating a dead horse finding out some actual information about different drugs from a range of sources. There is plenty of information out there that'll clue you up a little more than you are currently.

Pretty certain that this guy would have been selling to friends and their friends. Your perception that all drug dealers hang out around school gates pushing dirty gear to all and sundry is frankly wrong and ridiculous.

Ecstasy is not heroin, ice or crack cocaine. If you're going to post in a topic such as this at least be diligent enough to read up about it in a bit more detail and don't take tabloid scare stories as gospel, it makes you appear a brainwashed simpleton (which am sure you aren't). Most of the time tabloid stories are sensationalized nonsense or incredibly rare instances of people losing the plot from abusing cocktails of drugs legal and illegal over a long period.

Total rolox, this scum will sell to anyone to make money..........You must have lived in a cave all your life. Some of us have good memories regarding these shits.

No i've actually experienced many substances in my life, I can talk from experience of having dealt with some of these so called "scum" that you speak of. Some people who i've associated with in the west in years gone by have actually been some pretty damn decent folks, they made the steps of sourcing decent gear from trusted suppliers and passing it on at a fair price to people they know would use it in a responsible way.

Most dealers and users alike that i've encountered have been productive members of society, most have decent, respectable jobs and are hugely responsible and look out for one another when taking substances.

You are living in the dark ages or are just obviously very bitter about drugs either through ignorance or a specific incident & are too pig headed to change your views. Pretty sad way to be mate, it wouldn't kill you to have a bit more of an open mind would it?

Total rolox, this scum will sell to anyone to make money..........You must have lived in a cave all your life. Some of us have good memories regarding these shits.

No i've actually experienced many substances in my life, I can talk from experience of having dealt with some of these so called "scum" that you speak of. Some people who i've associated with in the west in years gone by have actually been some pretty damn decent folks, they made the steps of sourcing decent gear from trusted suppliers and passing it on at a fair price to people they know would use it in a responsible way.

Most dealers and users alike that i've encountered have been productive members of society, most have decent, respectable jobs and are hugely responsible and look out for one another when taking substances.

You are living in the dark ages or are just obviously very bitter about drugs either through ignorance or a specific incident & are too pig headed to change your views. Pretty sad way to be mate, it wouldn't kill you to have a bit more of an open mind would it?

So taking many substances makes you an expert. I would not say that, I'd say it makes you a very foolish person so lets analyse your post. Firstly, you are obviously a user, maybe even a dealer or pusher, you tell me which, as you seem to have such a vast knowledge of what occurs in your chosen field of drug taking and dealing? Your next little insight into this so called innocuous pastime is that you know some pretty damn decent folk who are pushers.

Maybe you should choose your words more carefully because damn, when I last looked, one of its meanings was to be condemned by God to suffer eternal punishment in hell. But then, I think the use of that particular word is very apt, as this is where the purveyors of death should be, and in my world, one would never heap praise on such degenerates, who would never know the meaning of decency. They, like you, might pretend and hide behind the façade of decency but that is all you lot are doing.

Now, reading between the lines, it is clear you condone these decent folk being involved in the drug trade, why, because they're decent enough to buy and sell at a fair price. Fair dinkum, have you ever looked yourself in the mirror when making such inane and insidious statements. Are you proud of what you see? They sell it to people they know will use it responsibly. What utter rubbish, they sell it because of only one reason, to make money, why because they are controlled by greed and do not give a fig about how their wonderful products are being used and that they are slowly destroying the very fabric of society.

All dealers and pushers are bottom feeders, they prey on the weak and gullible in our society, obviously something you would know about because you attitude clearly highlights that these are at least the two categories or maybe three, that you fit into. Dealer, productive members of society, and they and the takers look out for each other. Are you for real? They deal in death, don't pay taxes are involved in many, many criminal activities,, cause undue harm, physically and mentally to our youth and you have the gall to post this dribble on an open forum. The only looking out they do is for the law, so they can keep purveying their illicit substances and the takers to prevent themselves being arrested.

And like your previous critic, neither of us are living in the dark ages, we are just people who are concerned and want this scourge on society to be contained in an effort to protect our current youth and the future generations. Unfortunately, the world is full of foolish people like yourself and for this reason the flow of illegal drugs will never stop, not as long as there are the billions to be made.

And yes, I am a drug hater, but no, I am neither pig headed, nor do I have a closed mind. And lastly, is this an attempt by you at a little bit of comedy, "it wouldn't kill the previous poster to have more of an open mind." It is not an open mind that does the killing just the ingesting of the garbage your so called decent fold are purveying.

I spent thirty years in law enforcement, many of them being involved in the arresting and putting these low lives before the court. I also arrested many users, not only for using but for other crimes that they committed in order to fund their habits. Have you even seen a new born baby that is addicted to some of these illicit substances, children as young as 10 using and the other children, between 12 and 16, used by dealers to sell in schools. Well I have and it is not a pretty sight. These so called decent folk, I'd call them gutless mongrels, do this in order to protect themselves and with the kids only getting a slap on the wrist, these low lives live to sell another day.

It is people like you who propagate such idiocies that should be dealt with and it is fortunate that this forum remains anonymous because foolish people like yourself, with all your bragging are actually committing a number of offences, using, perverting the course of justice and an accessory before and after the fact. Maybe even dealing could be another. So before you chastise others for the beliefs and opinions take a long hard look at yourself and let me know if you like what you see? I certainly don't. and just for your benefit or any pro drug aficionado who wants to have a go and decry my post, remember, I just don't give a hoot what you have to say as it is all borne out of ignorance.

So taking many substances makes you an expert. I would not say that, I'd say it makes you a very foolish person so lets analyse your post. Firstly, you are obviously a user, maybe even a dealer or pusher, you tell me which, as you seem to have such a vast knowledge of what occurs in your chosen field of drug taking and dealing? Your next little insight into this so called innocuous pastime is that you know some pretty damn decent folk who are pushers.

Maybe you should choose your words more carefully because damn, when I last looked, one of its meanings was to be condemned by God to suffer eternal punishment in hell. But then, I think the use of that particular word is very apt, as this is where the purveyors of death should be, and in my world, one would never heap praise on such degenerates, who would never know the meaning of decency. They, like you, might pretend and hide behind the façade of decency but that is all you lot are doing.

Now, reading between the lines, it is clear you condone these decent folk being involved in the drug trade, why, because they're decent enough to buy and sell at a fair price. Fair dinkum, have you ever looked yourself in the mirror when making such inane and insidious statements. Are you proud of what you see? They sell it to people they know will use it responsibly. What utter rubbish, they sell it because of only one reason, to make money, why because they are controlled by greed and do not give a fig about how their wonderful products are being used and that they are slowly destroying the very fabric of society.

All dealers and pushers are bottom feeders, they prey on the weak and gullible in our society, obviously something you would know about because you attitude clearly highlights that these are at least the two categories or maybe three, that you fit into. Dealer, productive members of society, and they and the takers look out for each other. Are you for real? They deal in death, don't pay taxes are involved in many, many criminal activities,, cause undue harm, physically and mentally to our youth and you have the gall to post this dribble on an open forum. The only looking out they do is for the law, so they can keep purveying their illicit substances and the takers to prevent themselves being arrested.

And like your previous critic, neither of us are living in the dark ages, we are just people who are concerned and want this scourge on society to be contained in an effort to protect our current youth and the future generations. Unfortunately, the world is full of foolish people like yourself and for this reason the flow of illegal drugs will never stop, not as long as there are the billions to be made.

And yes, I am a drug hater, but no, I am neither pig headed, nor do I have a closed mind. And lastly, is this an attempt by you at a little bit of comedy, "it wouldn't kill the previous poster to have more of an open mind." It is not an open mind that does the killing just the ingesting of the garbage your so called decent fold are purveying.

I spent thirty years in law enforcement, many of them being involved in the arresting and putting these low lives before the court. I also arrested many users, not only for using but for other crimes that they committed in order to fund their habits. Have you even seen a new born baby that is addicted to some of these illicit substances, children as young as 10 using and the other children, between 12 and 16, used by dealers to sell in schools. Well I have and it is not a pretty sight. These so called decent folk, I'd call them gutless mongrels, do this in order to protect themselves and with the kids only getting a slap on the wrist, these low lives live to sell another day.

It is people like you who propagate such idiocies that should be dealt with and it is fortunate that this forum remains anonymous because foolish people like yourself, with all your bragging are actually committing a number of offences, using, perverting the course of justice and an accessory before and after the fact. Maybe even dealing could be another. So before you chastise others for the beliefs and opinions take a long hard look at yourself and let me know if you like what you see? I certainly don't. and just for your benefit or any pro drug aficionado who wants to have a go and decry my post, remember, I just don't give a hoot what you have to say as it is all borne out of ignorance.

Frankly , barring the penultimate paragraph , imo you talk to much and say to lttle. And your last word about sums almost all you say up ignorance.

rijit

Bang on the money

The second you quoted "God" you lost.

Frankly , barring the penultimate paragraph , imo you talk to much and say to lttle. And your last word about sums almost all you say up ignorance.

rijit

I see you've had another brainstorming run with the usual crowd. Keep up with the spreading of your vast knowledge so us ignorant ones can be educated. Tell me, what part of the equation do you fill, or is your brain so chemically affected this is all you have to offer. Such intelligence, I never knew you were so gifted. it is actually mind blowing and no pun intended.

YES,Glasgow

The drug capital of Europe, and high crime levels due to dole scroungers robbing houses, mugging people for their bit of heaven. Crime gangs fighting and killing each other for their turf.

Did you just step out a tardis? Or was it a retardis?

Hibernation for you then, google and find how disgusting Glasgow is

No need, I lived and worked there and know all its issues. My point was more that you were talking sh*t. London is the cocaine capital of Europeand, weirdly, Lithuania and Estonia have bigger heroin problems. The 'no mean city' tag was thrown many years ago.

So, tell me, what delightful place did you come from?

Glasgee

Does not matter what the drug is, the thai law stated that particular drug is class 1 end of story.We could have another thread on why this is class 1 but the bottom line, was, he is selling class 1 drugs, and no doubt been doing it for ages, if not years.This is not an innocent guy who made a silly mistake, and as some say, there is far more in this story.

OK Bernard am aware of the phrase that advises against arguing with a fool as they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Pretty sure based on your comment that is what will happen if I persist any longer than this message.

The type of drug is very pertinent here, it is less harmful if it is manufactured as intended than alcohol and other drugs and medicines legal and illegal. The class 1 grading is frankly ridiculous & in desperate need of review, not arguing that the guy was stupid to be selling. I am arguing that the denouncers of all "drugs" are in many many cases completely clueless about the effects / levels of harm and dependence that different drugs have.

So instead of berating me and others who have experience and knowledge in the subject, how about spend the time you would have spent beating a dead horse finding out some actual information about different drugs from a range of sources. There is plenty of information out there that'll clue you up a little more than you are currently.

I am no angel so dont stick me in your categary, as i said we are in Thailand and it doesnt mean jck shit what you think, right or wrong. We are in Thailand and abide by the laws. What about the law of less majeste(sp), 25 years in jail??? we could go on and on. Defacing a pic of elvis 30 years in jail, as 1 person knows very well. I agree that class 1 isnt right for this drug, if infact he did sell it uncut, but he lived here long enough and his dad would have known too.No more on this subject, had my say and its getting boring about how dangerous are drugs, thats not the point.

@FRANKY BEAR,

you say your in the oil and gas industry the same as me,

1 question,

why do you think they have drug testing in our game and many others, random drug tests on many sites, drug testing at your medical,?

let me tell you because you seem to be in the camp of the drug users, its bloodys dangerouse, not just to the user, but to the people who he is working with and the rig or other work place he is working on,

He was done trying to sell 200 pills to an undercover Thai policeman, so your theory about only selling to friends or friends of them does not hold much water. I would also speculate that if he was as careless or reckless to sell to a Thai male that he does not strike me as someone with any particular qualms about who or where he sells it.

Yes c'mon lads, let's keep it civil.

There's merit from both sides.

Like I said previously, inner Aus cities have an epidemic re specific drugs.

Young women have been raped and murdered by "ice heads" in Mel and Syd within the last 12 months.

It's becoming a huge epidemic in my country. I was shocked by the escalation of users and pushers rampant in the city streets when there 3 months ago. A Chinese girl studying and working within inner Mel was dragged into a park, raped, brutalized, and then murdered by an "ice head" earlier this year. Coincidentally very close to a property I own.

I don't have kids, but if I do, and choose to live there, I'll be very concerned about their welfare and integrity.

20 years ago, the "E" user and "provider" had different motives for use and supply…as crazy as that seems; it wasn't all detrimental.

There is a scourge in todays society with drug supply, use, and all of the trickle down effects, and unfortunately it's affecting many who have no involvement…theft, rape, and murder.

Anyhow, this lad played and lost.

The house won.

Life's tough; deal with it.

You should've known better.

Edited by Blackfox

There are other things that can befall a person who engages in the murky world of drug-dealing, not only fifty-year prison sentences. Young people should know that violence and extortion from other criminals, and ending up dead in a ditch somewhere, are part of the drug-dealer job bundle.

My only hope is that this fifty-year sentence, and the death-sentences in other nations, are going to be seen by many young people, and will discourage them from walking this dark and treacherous criminal path in future.

Life is not like social-media. When you Follow or Like a serious criminal lifestyle, you can't just click Unfollow when you are hauled up in court, or click Unlike when you end up in a ditch.

Whatever drug, do you want users to mingle in daily traffic? Just recently a Belgian guy under influence of drugs killed two people ( hit them with his car) he was sentenced to 3 years in prison. Should have been life in prison IMO...

There are other things that can befall a person who engages in the murky world of drug-dealing, not only fifty-year prison sentences. Young people should know that violence and extortion from other criminals, and ending up dead in a ditch somewhere, are part of the drug-dealer job bundle.

My only hope is that this fifty-year sentence, and the death-sentences in other nations, are going to be seen by many young people, and will discourage them from walking this dark and treacherous criminal path in future.

Life is not like social-media. When you Follow or Like a serious criminal lifestyle, you can't just click Unfollow when you are hauled up in court, or click Unlike when you end up in a ditch.

Excellant post and so close to the truth

It's unfortunate younger ones can be influenced, not just by peers and pushers but also from advertising; one example.

Age brings wisdom and maturity (we hope), so unbiased education and impartial support for the younger generation is the greatest weapon. I'm not a proponent of drug supply yet have partaken. The reality is, that makes me a hypocrite.

Keeping the younger ones on the right course of life is our responsibility.

If only this 50 year stretch could be shown in many classrooms.

Edited by Blackfox

Whatever drug, do you want users to mingle in daily traffic? Just recently a Belgian guy under influence of drugs killed two people ( hit them with his car) he was sentenced to 3 years in prison. Should have been life in prison IMO...

Drugs hang around in your body and establishing exactly how much is tolerated b4 your unduly influenced is a huge grey area that needs 'properly' dealing with imo b4 de criming and /or legalising.

rijit

Edited by rijit

It's unfortunate younger ones can be influenced, not just by peers and pushers but also from advertising; one example.

Age brings wisdom and maturity (we hope), so unbiased education and impartial support for the younger generation is the greatest weapon. I'm not a proponent of drug supply yet have partaken. The reality is, that makes me a hypocrite.

Very true

Drugs not only ruin lives/family, they also attract the criminal element, enough said.

Yes c'mon lads, let's keep it civil.

There's merit from both sides.

Like I said previously, inner Aus cities have an epidemic re specific drugs.

Young women have been raped and murdered by "ice heads" in Mel and Syd within the last 12 months.

It's becoming a huge epidemic in my country. I was shocked by the escalation of users and pushers rampant in the city streets when there 3 months ago. A Chinese girl studying and working within inner Mel was dragged into a park, raped, brutalized, and then murdered by an "ice head" earlier this year. Coincidentally very close to a property I own.

I don't have kids, but if I do, and choose to live there, I'll be very concerned about their welfare and integrity.

20 years ago, the "E" user and "provider" had different motives for use and supply…as crazy as that seems; it wasn't all detrimental.

There is a scourge in todays society with drug supply, use, and all of the trickle down effects, and unfortunately it's affecting many who have no involvement…theft, rape, and murder.

Anyhow, this lad played and lost.

The house won.

Life's tough; deal with it.

You should've known better.

Blackfox, I respect you point of view, and you, no doubt, are quite a sensible person, and one who evidently has had experiences in his life time however, I must disagree with you on one aspect. And this from my perspective. There cannot be merit from both sides. No matter how hard people push the safety aspect of certain drugs, there, in my experience, is no safety net, make one mistake and you're gone, in most instances, no second chance. I know I might be harping but it is the criminality that is attached that decries this, as is the introducing of our children, now and the future generations to this insidious past time of taking so called "recreational drugs" There is nothing recreational about them.

Look, if adults take it upon themselves to ingest, then that is a decision that they have to live with, they know the consequences, some deal with it, others cannot. However, babies who are born to drug addicted mothers and are addicted themselves cannot, and children, either through peer pressure or straight out experimentation don't have this ability and cannot adjust as their brains are still developing. They are the innocents that these purveyors of death target, a new generation, a new source of funds. I do however, agree with you about the ICE epidemic back home in Oz. It is rampant and out of control and the drug situation in the country is such that it is stated that one in three persons had taken some type of drug.

I can remember my first dealings with someone under the influence of this back in 1986, he had the strength of ten men, was irrational and very violent, took five of us to subdue him and even when he sustained a broken leg in the melee he still continued to resist. He was lucky he wasn't shot. He was then taken to hospital, where he remained handcuffed and tied down to prevent injury to the police or hospital staff. It took about 8 hours for him to return to any state of normality. And what did the courts do, very bloody little, gave him 6 months rehabilitation, then he was out. The next time I saw him about 3 months later was on a slab at the morgue. Death was recorded as a drug overdose.

I don't know if you are aware but the Adelaide AFL football coach, Phil Walsh, Walsh, was murdered two days ago by his iced up son, whilst his wife was also stabbed but apparently has just been released from hospital. I know this is totally different from E but sorry, I cannot abide by the taking of any type of illicit, chemically manufactured drugs, even cannabis, as one leads to another and this is a proven fact, despite what many say. I do however, feel, given more facts, that there may be a place in society for medical cannabis providing it is regulated and taken under strict conditions and by those who genuinely need it, not the old pot heads of which a few are still around, some posting on here I would say.

Edited by Si Thea01

To be self critical is a given that many people on this thread could indulge in themselves. It takes a person of strong character to do so and I take my hat off to you. I know that we do not agree on all things but at least you have a couple where many others do not.

Si Thea #592

Haha not pig headed, don't kid yourself mate. i am not currently committing any offences as I've chosen my words very carefully. Your reading comprehension isn't too hot either as I wouldn't incriminate myself or others by naming names. I am from a European country, guess which one if you want and go have a look at what their laws state in regard to past usage.

Your 30 years in law enforcement obviously didn't teach you much either in terms of life lessons, morality or understanding of individual responsibility.

I will agree that the people who sell illegal substances to school kids are scum, their only agenda is making a buck. However if you think that is what the MO of all sellers is you're so wrong. People from all walks of life use a multitude of substances for a multitude of different purposes. Putting all users in the same box is really stupid and ignorant, the global trade is worth probably hundreds of billions of dollars. If you think the buyers only consist of smacked out junkies and kids then you're delusional.
The biggest clientele for most recreational / party drugs (MDMA / Powder coke / ecstasy / ketamine / weed etc) are University students or young professionals. People who actually have the funds to pay for their gear without sourcing the money from crime. Those with addiction problems (usually from meth / heroin / methadone / crack cocaine / alcohol / a cocktail of many) sometimes do use criminal means by which to fund their habits. But the prohibition itself dictates a high price in which quality / toxicity is determined exclusively by those supplying it.
The drug war itself has likely killed more people than it was actually set up to help (look at mexico / colombia for example). Laws and classifications have not changed consistently at all snce 1971, a travesty in itself since scientific advanced have been spectacular in that 44 year period.

Prohibition has also undoubtedly made the drug market dangerous. Look at the rise of substances like mcat for one. Oh and let's not overlook that safe, legal drug that is alcohol. How many callouts did you have related to DUI deaths, domestic violence, drunken fights, or general disorder fueled by alcohol. I will just hazard a guess that over 30 years those kind of calls would be in the 1000's. So why are you not pushing for a blanket ban on alcohol sale / consumption? Surely that would benefit the future generations much more don't you think.

On the topic at hand, yes the guy now jailed was recklessly stupid to even contemplate dabbling in the drug game here. I've seen that big sign in the airport too & i've seen enough imagery and testimony of the nick here to know that is not a place I or anybody i love ever should go, under any circumstances.
The 50 year sentence is a disgrace, if every dealer got 50 years regardless of amount / potency then i'd still be disgusted, but i'd understand 100% that is the standard punishment, but it is rare for 50 year sentences to be levied. It is grossly disproportionate hence it being such a talking point.

Thailand is more dangerous because of its drug policy. I can't see how the laws as they are & with the police / judiciary as they are will help to create a safer society for me, my wife, my kids and my friends. A change of tact involving education and specialist help is the only way. Locking people up non violent people for using is morally reprehensible. There are many dangerous individuals who use certain drugs (meth, crack mainly) who should be watched closely and taken out of circulation for their protection and that of others.

Oh and when I look in the mirror I see a good person, an honest person who has learned through personal experience. I can tell you for certain that I will warn my kids about drugs, their effects, their dangers and how the law sees them. They have both got and will continue to receive good moral leadership until the day i die. Ignorance is more on your side than mine. Just a shame you don't give 2 hoots isn't it.

SiThea01,

The choice of word "merit" was incorrect and in all honestly my beliefs are somewhat flawed.

Actually, I'm quite humbled and subdued by your post.

I have family that know the Walsh family living one street over. I have cousins and friends that were schooled and played footy in that same suburb.

Yes, it was confirmed his son was "iced up".

I don't know what else to say mate.

What the <deleted> is going on in this world where a son takes the life of their Father.

It's not a happy Sunday…

The second you quoted "God" you lost.

Another compatriot I see. Your type absolutely amaze me, little snide remarks, nothing of intellectual value. It's sad to see you have little, if any, values in life, no morals, as you are clearly another supporter of what many are condemning. The quicker you fringe dwellers learn the reality of life, maybe you will understand why so many people abhor those who are involved in the many avenues of this illicit trade. And no, I haven't lost, because I have to make way for born loses like yourself.

I'm a senior engineer running a shutdown in an oil refinery in Thailand on 50,000 baht a day

Now, 99% of the peoe on this page would remove a limb to be in my position

So if I am one of life's

Losers

Well your life must be unreal

Also, if I didn't have my time using E and Coke recreationally I can guarantee I wouldn't be where I am

Now. They experiences I had with them made ma a far better person than I was

You're extremely nave and uneducated about this stuff mate. I'd give up

Edited by Franky Bear

@FRANKY BEAR,

you say your in the oil and gas industry the same as me,

1 question,

why do you think they have drug testing in our game and many others, random drug tests on many sites, drug testing at your medical,?

let me tell you because you seem to be in the camp of the drug users, its bloodys dangerouse, not just to the user, but to the people who he is working with and the rig or other work place he is working on,

In the last 2/3 weeks I have had two medical and one random piss test (yesterday) for D n A. I know I passed it as I have not had a drink for about 10

Days and not done drugs in ages

Luckily on rotation you know to stop

7/10 days before you

Go back on a rig. I'm not on rigs for the foreseeable future. Hopefully never again tbh. I've never nor ever will fail an DnA test

Ecstacy is supposed to mainly comprise MDMA, back in the 70s marketed as the 'love drug', but now often mainly made up of amphetamines.

That was MDA which is more hallucinogenic. Ecstasy (MDMA) is it is an analogue of that drug and has milder effects. Illicit use of Ecstasy did not become popular until the late 1980s and early 1990s.