Pheu Thai core leader reporting to the military for attitude adjustment

webfact

Pheu Thai core leader reporting to the military

BANGKOK, 1 July 2015 (NNT)-The former Commerce Minister and core leader of Pheu Thai Party has reported to the 1st Army Area, after expressing his view on the recent political movement by college students who call themselves Dao Din Group.

Ex Commerce Minister Wattana Muangsook has been asked by the Army to report to the military for attitude adjustment after having criticized the military’s attempt at keeping peace following the recent arrest of 14 university students.

Mr. Wattana greeted the media briefly, who were waiting for his arrival at King Rama the 5th Equestrian Statue, as they were not allowed to enter the area in front of the 1st Army Area.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-07-01 footer_n.gif

control by humiliation is a sign of paranoid delusion by the junta

Did you and Fat Haggis not read the OP? He was only ASKED to attend. I am sure that if he declined, the response would have been 'Fair enough, the invitation is always there. Have a great day!'?

As much as I dislike the PTP the junta have turned into the biggest bunch of paranoid cry babies I've ever seen.

Have to agree with you. I dislike everything the Phua Thai is and stands for, but this continuing supression of people and their opinions is just plain stupid. In fact it is becoming very counter productive. It stirs up discent at home and it is also adversly affecting Thailand's standing in the world community. At this rate, it won't be long before sanctions start being imposed on Thailand. And rightly so, I might add.

QUOTE:

"These people must have no idea how this looks and what it will do to them outside their sphere of power. If they keep this up they will become isolated."

Isolated? That is one of the worries at the bottom of the list of oligarchies bent on holding onto power.

The following is not a comparison between Thailand's current status quo. It's merely an illustration to check reality with historical facts.

IE: Mugabe, the Burmese Junta, The Cambodian Prime Minister, to mention only of the most salient cases in memory.

For as long as a power group has access to the coffers of the nation they rule, isolation is of no consequence to the life span of their power, not even in extreme cases of tyranny and despotism such as North Korea. Again, this is not a comparison..

Why bother, just throw him in a cell. A "core leader of PTP" - as in "rotten to the core" I suppose. Wasn't he replaced by Boonsong, who was abetter man for the job? I assume that means more amenable to theft for himself and his boss.

Why bother, just throw him in a cell. A "core leader of PTP" - as in "rotten to the core" I suppose. Wasn't he replaced by Boonsong, who was abetter man for the job? I assume that means more amenable to theft for himself and his boss.

Better still, why not put everyone in prison and make them earn their way out?

You don't earn your way out, you earn your way in when part of a criminal conspiracy to rob the people who elected you. Or not, as he was never elected to anything AFAIK.

You don't earn your way out, you earn your way in when part of a criminal conspiracy to rob the people who elected you. Or not, as he was never elected to anything AFAIK.

That's the spirit! Charge them with 'Guilty Just Because.' Off with their heads! Edited by baboon

That's the spirit! Charge them with 'Guilty Just Because.' Off with their heads!

When an elected government decides that it needs to include itself in amnesty bill, it is a pretty good indication that they think that they have committed crimes. And who would know better? Immediately after the coup, I would have like to see all PTP MPs and cabinet members arrested for criminal conspiracy to defraud (while pretending to be a democracy), aiding and abetting a fugitive, vote selling and myriad conflicts of interest with personal gain, financial and otherwise. Quite a few have serious outstanding charges they have been avoiding for years through manipulation of the party list system. But that's a little non-PC, as is putting them up against a wall.

Now you might remember that nominating those on serious criminal charges as party list MPs, and the inclusion of Thaksin in the 2011 election campaign, were both serious enough breaches of electoral law for PTP to be disbanded. This wasn't done because of the likelihood of political violence ensuing (again), and I assume that is the same reason PTP weren't incarcerated after the coup. Isn't it strange that an allegedly democratic political parties keep blatantly breaching electoral law, and then instigating violence when they are punished? You might almost think it was an intentional attempt to destabilise the country.

Edited by halloween

As much as I dislike the PTP the junta have turned into the biggest bunch of paranoid cry babies I've ever seen.

I saw the burned out shops burning in Bangkok......you can't be paranoid enough with these people.....

If my government which had been elected in a free poll was taken over in a military coup which then installed a political party of the opposite persuasion I would be out on the streets with molotov cocktails and anything else I could get my hands on too.

These fascist thugs in will never learn, they believe they are still living in the 19th century.

The old families and their military puppets who think that suppressing the people and controlling who rules them is an effective method of government are dreaming.

The more they continue with this charade, the bigger the opposition will grow.

For every action there's an equal and opposite reaction.

The time will come and they will have to suffer greatly for their sins.

Does anyone actually have any idea what they do in an attitude adjustment session?

Are the naughty characters hauled in, taken down to a darkened room and shown some equipment. Then told that if they don't smarten up, they will be back to test it out?

This all sounds rather like these guys.

post-9891-0-40242100-1435745544_thumb.jp

Usual operating procedure for PTP leader.

Get others to do the dirty work for you.

Learn it from the criminal in Dubai

Give us a break - you're like an old worn-out record...

You're wrong Simon. Even old worn out records once played a good tune smile.png

My father would say I needed an "attitude adjustment" whilst he was removing his belt to give me a tanning. If he hadn't already passed away, I'd think he was advising them.

maybe he is talking to the General through Prayuth's magic rings... laugh.png

If my government which had been elected in a free poll was taken over in a military coup which then installed a political party of the opposite persuasion I would be out on the streets with molotov cocktails and anything else I could get my hands on too.

These fascist thugs in will never learn, they believe they are still living in the 19th century.

The old families and their military puppets who think that suppressing the people and controlling who rules them is an effective method of government are dreaming.

The more they continue with this charade, the bigger the opposition will grow.

For every action there's an equal and opposite reaction.

The time will come and they will have to suffer greatly for their sins.

I see one little problem with your coup-install opposition scenario - it never happened. Not in the last 15 or so years anyway.