Can We All Just Go To Hull For Non Im O's?

I've been reading these threads diligently and I have seen mentioned on occasions that people under 50, unmarried are getting Non O visas easily in places like Hull. I've heard reasons like "visiting friends" (with an invite letter), having a lease on a house for a year, etc. I was thinking of flying over there myself as it has been said that you can get one with no questions asked even though you are under 50 and unmarried and of course not working. Why doesn't everyone head over there annually and grab one since they're so easy to get. I've been telling my retired friends to go there and do this. This could be the best solution of all since it seems people are doing this year in year out with no questions asked. This could be the great solution to the problem.

I've been reading these threads diligently and I have seen mentioned on occasions that people under 50, unmarried are getting Non O visas easily in places like Hull. I've heard reasons like "visiting friends" (with an invite letter), having a lease on a house for a year, etc. I was thinking of flying over there myself as it has been said that you can get one with no questions asked even though you are under 50 and unmarried and of course not working. Why doesn't everyone head over there annually and grab one since they're so easy to get. I've been telling my retired friends to go there and do this. This could be the best solution of all since it seems people are doing this year in year out with no questions asked. This could be the great solution to the problem.

The Head of the Immigration Department, General Suwat, thanks you for the tip. Your 200 baht reward will be on it's way, just as soon as the Hull consulate is closed down.

No, ThaiVisa isn't here to protect honorary Thai consulates. It's been an open secret for many years that, as Lybia 115 points out, many consulates have been friendly to their own countrymen. I got three consecutive B visas from such a friendly consulate, and it's no secret.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs can supervise its honorary consulates without our help. They do, and they will continue to issue appropriate, standard instructions to all its agencies.

Besides, the consulates aren't handing visas out like free candy. I even had to provide a yellow fever vaccination certification before I got my first visa. How many embassies are that thorough?

A local consulate can, in fact, converse even better in the local tongue, listen to voice tones, look you in the face, etc., and know if you're telling the truth.

...apply in your home country for a multiple 'O' 12 month visa
To the original poster, Jim: “apply in your home country” is the operative term. You see, a Thai consulate’s primary function is to serve the residents of the country where the consulate is located, and to assist Thai nationals in the country. This is the major reason why farangs residing in Thailand have difficulty getting multiple entry non-O visas or tourist visas valid for more than one entry from consulates in Penang and other places in the region.
...honorary Thai consulates...
It should indeed not surprise anyone that the staff at an honorary consulate is more likely to be attentive to an applicant’s needs and taking pride in giving a good service than the often overworked and underpaid employees at a government-run consulate, while it must be said here also that there have been many reports in this forum about excellent service received at government-run Thai consulates.

---------------

Maestro

I've used Consulates, Honorary-Consulates, and Embassies for Thailand ... same result every time --- have gotten what I was asking for <and asked for what I was qualified for>

Yes it is a pain to go back to the USA <or even Australia> for another non-imm-multi .... but hel_l! I think I'll head to Australia soon for one ... and the only drawback for Thailand is that I'll sidetrip to Cairns and do some diving! <lost revenue overall--- that would have been spent in Thailand diving>

Edited by jdinasia

It was possible in the past.

Edited by quadricorrelator

No, ThaiVisa isn't here to protect honorary Thai consulates. It's been an open secret for many years that, as Lybia 115 points out, many consulates have been friendly to their own countrymen. I got three consecutive B visas from such a friendly consulate, and it's no secret.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs can supervise its honorary consulates without our help. They do, and they will continue to issue appropriate, standard instructions to all its agencies.

Besides, the consulates aren't handing visas out like free candy. I even had to provide a yellow fever vaccination certification before I got my first visa. How many embassies are that thorough?

A local consulate can, in fact, converse even better in the local tongue, listen to voice tones, look you in the face, etc., and know if you're telling the truth.

I would just like to say it seems like we don't gain anything by publicizing it over and over. Yes, it's in the archives for anyone with a half a brain and motivation to go look it up.

By pointing out specific locations, we are openly inviting them to be looked at... scrutinized... and in this climate of limiting options... we should leave them be.

Additionally, we are essentially throwing it in the authorities faces by threads like this.... to do so is unnecessarily callous and short-sighted.

IMHO.