Helping with Isaan house loan for Gf?..Possible?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just bought a Thai House not too long ago which came with main structure of the house and just the basics. Outdoor Toilet, Outdoor Kitchen, and no Interior Roof to speak of and Cement Floor. I spent about 400,000 fixing it up. I installed my own water system including a Gardner Sprinkler System, built a modern indoor kitchen room, and hug shower and toilet room, with all fixture, as well a a large deck. I decided to lower the ceiling and now have a nice ceiling with ceiling tiles as well as nice flooring tile as well. I did a lot of electrical work getting plug-in sockets and lights and change the amps higher on a few lines for AC and such.

I can't give you a total estimate on the house as my place came with land. My place is quite huge also you you might be able to get away with lower prices for a smaller place. I think about 1 Million might be a good starting point if you want a nice house on a Rai of land. Maybe 500,000 Bhat for cheap cheap, and 1.5 Million for a nice sized modern home. But the price can go up from there depending on what you want.

I love it here and I am also spitting distance to my wife's family. I get along with all them just fine. I hope I can say that in 10 years.

One of the funny good stories for you chaps.

Was selling my car some 5 years ago, 4 door pick up, under 500K

A guy showed up from Mukhdahan(or whatever the spelling) with GF.

As we were about the finish off the deal, it turns out he is on 30 day visa exempt and car can not be legally transferred to his name.

Thankfully, i have a "friend" who has "friends" and it could be done for a fee, so i suggested he puts the car in GF name to save the money and the hassles.

He did not want to do that because he was worried or whatever the excuse was,

BUT

While chatting, he informed me he was building a house for them 2 on her parents land, and it was a real bargain, ONLY 3.5 million baht, ALL in gf name.

I politely advised him that this was rather very high and he possibly being scammed,

To which he replied, he knew the score and no scams as he was buying all the materials from the store himself.

If this was not bad enough, he continued, that her family loves him and builder is her uncle and store where he was buying was her aunts.

I again politely suggested he was scammed, but he had none of it.

So he was ok with spending over 3.5 million on the house in HER name on HER land, but was worried about a car.

Deal was done, all forgotten.

About 6 months later he shows up at my house, asking if would be interested in buying the car back for half the price?

Sure i was not, but asked why was that. Well they finished building and shortly after broke up.

Now he needed money urgently to sue her for the money he paid for the house, as he wanted it back.

Despite long talk, poor schmuck still believed 3.5 million was the price and no scam took place.

Funnier bit he believed he would get any money back.

Not sure what happened, have not heard from him since.

building a modest house (near Buriram).

LOL

Will be looking at a figure of 2.5 million.

Who quoted you this figure, for a modest house in Buriram, that sounds like a mansion.

You can build a modest house for way less than 1 million baht, 600k baht will build a modest house.

since the proposed building site is only spitting distance from the existing family house..something im not all that keen on.

If you are not keen on it, why do it, let the mrs pay and build the house, then you move in, simple really.

but the family say they have a trusted people in the village who will give the loan

LOL, what interest rates are being charged, be aware in Thailand 50% per month isnt unheard of.

My best advice, walk away, nay run away from this.

Why cant the gf get a loan?

Actually it's 300 000 for Thai modest 2 bedroom house with toilets and Thai kitchen.

Never seizes to amaze me the number of foreigners who think they can get a bar girl straight .

You can build them a house, buy cars give millions and it still would not be enough.

People waste 30 years of their life paying off mortgage and these parasites think they should have one for free because daughter has a vagina.

You cannot read? My post

that both parents of hers are dead would seem to conteract with your crass statement

as for bargirls, well..you bringing that up only confirms what you are used to

In your world.

my former post, if you can read, is my gf earns 12500 baht a month.

hope your bargirl earns more than that :0)

In my world they certainly do not cost me 2.5 million wink.png

yes i also been told that a western style house 2 bed would be around 300.000 to 400.000 bhat 2.5 million buys the family a pension for life why do these guy fall for it find someone from bangkok who has good office job family live in bangkok and are educated and have house for thems elfe and they work why marry a peasant with nothing uneducated and has one thing in life to releiev you of your hard earned money and had sex with god knows how many men its a lifstyle you not going to change find someone decent i think would i marry that type of girl from my home country NO

Edited by mickyboy

yes i also been told that a western style house 2 bed would be around 300.000 to 400.000 bhat 2.5 million buys the family a pension for life why do these guy fall for it find someone from bangkok who has good office job family live in bangkok and are educated and have house for thems elfe and they work why marry a peasant with nothing uneducated and has one thing in life to releiev you of your hard earned money and had sex with god knows how many men its a lifstyle you not going to change find someone decent i think would i marry that type of girl from my home country NO

but most of these men are pensioners

Or ugly over weight alcoholics

And why would a girl from a rich family be interested in a farang.

Don't matter where they from they are all looking for someone to pay the family debts.

Who did the 2.5M number come from?

How many square meters of house is that meant to build?

Have any house plans been made yet?

What else is included in the 2.5M other than the actual building costs?

All of it was only ever at talk stage, so no details.

But i have decided i am better off having nothing to do with it.

Thanks maejo for the info regarding loans, thats really all im after as now im in the know i can use this info.

If she wants to build a house, up to her, ill be long gone when repayments are due

I am relieved to hear your case of temporary insanity has been cured :P

And I'm gutted. Just found this thread and was ready to come in with a price of 2 million baht to build a modest house.

Couple of builders local to me in Udon, would have happily built in Buriram and shared a percentage of the modest profit on the modest build :)