British pop star Will Young lends support to end illegal dog meat trade

webfact

British pop star Will Young lends support to end illegal dog meat trade
The Nation

PHUKET: -- British singer-songwriter and actor Will Young yesterday announced his patronage of the Phuket-based Soi Dog Foundation, which is leading the fight to end Thailand's illegal dog meat trade. Young became aware of Soi Dog's work after visiting its shelter in Phuket during a holiday last year.

At the height of the illegal trade in 2011, some 500,000 dogs were smuggled from Thailand to Vietnam every year, where the pooches were tortured and killed prior to being served up in restaurants in Hanoi as a delicacy.

"Every aspect of this trade inflicts such incredible cruelty and pain to the animals - from the sourcing of street dogs to their transportation in tightly packed cages for hundreds of miles without food or water, to the torture the dogs are subjected to prior to death, in the misguided belief that adrenaline improves the texture and flavour of the meat," Gill Dalley, co-founder and global ambassador of the foundation, said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/British-pop-star-Will-Young-lends-support-to-end-i-30263563.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-02

Will who? good luck to him trying to persuade hundreds of millions of people not to partake

in their favorite food that also, according to them, has a medicinal benefits as well...

It's like trying to persuade the Americans off fast food and surgery drinks.......

what the hell does he care, soi dogs are everywhere and pampered pooches shitting in places folowed by owneres ignorning the shit and going back home. eat all the bugggers

A few months ago a supposed Thai Hiso berated me (In Thai) when I threw water over 2 dogs who were crapping on the grass in front of my house. The dogs had been let out to 'do their business' by their Thai owner who lived opposite me. Fortunately, the 2 dogs and the owner have now moved away, so my problem has been solved. However, a few soi dogs now roam the area and frequently leave deposits in front of Hiso's house. It amuses me to learn that her 'attitude' has changed and she's now complaining about the problem, and saying she'll get the 'poo yai' to remove the dogs!

what the hell does he care, soi dogs are everywhere and pampered pooches shitting in places folowed by owneres ignorning the shit and going back home. eat all the bugggers

it was the people who bruoght the dogs there in the first place,why dont you man up and tell them to control there dogs....go on stand up to these bad people