How to buy a house in Thailand if the Thai lives abroad

The question is how can a Thai living in an European country buy a house in Thailand. Assuming money is at hand and no bank loan needed. Can such a deal be done by proxy or would the Thai have to travel to Thailand or not to complete the deal.

The money is available, the property is known and both owner and seller are close friends. The only problem is that one of them resides in an EU country.

No trust issues, no risks so please don't talk about risks it really is no factor in this deal.

my wife had our[her] house built while she lived in the uk.as long as she has an uptodate id.card.

i would think if you have a good lawyer then there should be no problem.you know the one that is recommended by us up here in korat.[very trustworthy].

we didnt need one as we came over when the house was finnished and all the transfer's were done with her sister's help.

my wife had our[her] house built while she lived in the uk.as long as she has an uptodate id.card.

i would think if you have a good lawyer then there should be no problem.you know the one that is recommended by us up here in korat.[very trustworthy].

we didnt need one as we came over when the house was finnished and all the transfer's were done with her sister's help.

Ok that is probably a good idea if a lawyer can fix the problems it would safe a plane ticket and wasted time.

Of course it depends on how much the lawyer will ask for his / her services because then just a ticket might be cheaper.

As I said both seller and buyer are close friends and the money is also not a problem. Might want an usfrunct (or what how the hell you spell it) on the house too. Meaning that the person going to live in that house can live there as long as he lives.

Power of Attorney works and is free. Forms available from the land office however they will need to be authorized by the Thai Embassy in the European country the Thai is residing at.

Hi,

That sounds great makes things a lot easier. Thanks for the help.

Power of Attorney works and is free. Forms available from the land office however they will need to be authorized by the Thai Embassy in the European country the Thai is residing at.

I have used P.O.A for selling & buying quite large properties in both the UK & Australia..... there has never been a problem.

you can limit the POA to a certain transaction, or /and to a set time. Which is a safer way to do things---- close friends, do not always stay that way.

Can a 19 y/o buy / own a house ? (Thai female residing in the Netherlands) I hear something about 20 being the age its possible.

Yes, minor can hold/own land, house and equity - the caretaker (normally mum or dad) signs for the minor. House & Land may not be permitted sold or transferred by Land Office, when owned by a minor.

It can be completed using a third party.

All the required paperwork and signatories can be done by post using a trusted Thailand based Thai third party (assuming that the person is savvy and knows what he/she is doing) who can be nominated as an agent by the buyer and as an intermediary between the buyer and the seller, or if the buyer and the seller are known to each other, than the seller can also act as an agent, sending on paperwork to be completed by the buyer.

But remember the same rules apply as if the buyer is actually in Thailand, the purchase has to be financed by the Thai persons money, this is not a loophole to bypass the legal procedures regarding foreigners purchasing land and real estate in Thailand.

Of course using a third party or the help of the seller to conduct the said purchase via post from Thailand means there is a certain amount of trust required as money for the purchase, tax, fees involved and so on will have to sent from the resident country of the buyer into the third party`s or the sellers bank account in order to proceed with the business of property purchase.

Conducting the purchase using this method without being on the scene, is done at the buyers own risk and discretion.