Phitsanulok, Anybody Interested In A Drink?

aka_jack

Anybody interested in having a drink??, :D I will be in phitsonoluk in a few days and wil be staying there for a few months with my thai family, although i rarely get bored i would sometimes like to meet up with other westerners for a drink, pool,chit chat etc. Also where are the best places to go for nightlife??. See you soon :o

Edited by aka_jack

Anybody interested in having a drink??, :D I will be in phitsonoluk in a few days and wil be staying there for a few months with my thai family, although i rarely get bored i would sometimes like to meet up with other westerners for a drink, pool,chit chat etc. Also where are the best places to go for nightlife??. See you soon :o

Go to Lady Jane's Bar on Friday night, usually a decent representation of some of local farangs show up there to have a drink. Don't be shy, introduce yourself. Some teachers there, but also some other people with other jobs or retired. Mostly Brits, but a few Dutch and Americans. I will be there in October, staying through November. There might be some other hangouts as well, but I am not up to date with all of them.

Most everybody shows up around 8:00 to 8:30 -- it's not a late night party. Lady Jane's has decent food but they don't tend to serve on Friday.

Lady Jane's is down the one-way street from the Pailyn Hotel about 200-300 yards/meters on the right hand side. There is a parking lot in front of it but it is usually full as there is an illegale gambling hall close by. If you are driving, you can usually find parking either in the lot or on the street.

As for nightlife, what do you mean?? -- no real bar scene like BKK/Phuket/Pattaya. There are Thai bars that have good music (Thai Rock n roll, etc) and food. Some of the folks at Lady Jane's can probably suggest real party places, but remember, Phitsanulok is mostly Thai and does not have farang type night spots. There is a good tech, (music, lots of drinking, Thai girls and guys in their 20's/30's at Topland hotel), and a few other clubs.

Edited by wittleus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

my buddy who lives in p,lok is somewhat agrieved at being stopped and breathalysed at the wheel of his car and has had to cut back on his boozing . he says theres a fine for any trace of booze on the breath, anyone else had this problem? he complains the BIBs have all roads covered later on.

my buddy who lives in p,lok is somewhat agrieved at being stopped and breathalysed at the wheel of his car and has had to cut back on his boozing . he says theres a fine for any trace of booze on the breath, anyone else had this problem? he complains the BIBs have all roads covered later on.

Nostrel whats the full fine/penalty if you are caught DUI and DWF (driving while farang) ?

Thanks

nam

• 3 weeks later...

Nostrel whats the full fine/penalty if you are caught DUI and DWF (driving while farang) ?

Thanks

nam

A friend was busted last year. 1mo. suspension,3,000bht. fine,40hrs. community service and 1 yr. probation. I've just returned from working and word is random road checks usually on the bridges. Checks usually holidays.