Like us on facebook

Anthony5

I have my computer set to accept cookies yet I still keep getting the ad. Why do you need to try to make people like you ? if they are into Facebook and TV then I would presume they would have already liked you or am I missing something here ?

Try to just click Yes, or No, then you wouldn't see it again. It worked for me (Chrome browser).

What browser and version do you use?

Thanks!

So you clicked NO ? whistling.gif

I have my computer set to accept cookies yet I still keep getting the ad. Why do you need to try to make people like you ? if they are into Facebook and TV then I would presume they would have already liked you or am I missing something here ?

Same here. I'm accepting cookies but not 3rd party cookies, that may be the issue.

Firefox latest browser.

Try to just click Yes, or No, then you wouldn't see it again. It worked for me (Chrome browser).

What browser and version do you use?

Thanks!

So you clicked NO ? whistling.gif

there is no 'NO' button on the annoying pop-up. It's like slick car salesmen or other hucksters who get in your face and ask you leading questions, like:

"You like a shiny new car, don't you?"

"Sorry, Wat Prakao is closed today, but I can show you some nice shopping areas. It won't cost anything."

The fact you can close it without clicking to like isn't really the issue George. I would suggest that it shouldn't be popping up in the first place on a forum like this where we are all members and contribute. You come to expect it on a casually visited site but not one you frequent often.

Try to click "No thanks' and you will not see any more interstitials from this campaign.

Please don't discuss moderation here. Instead email support at thaivisa.com

As mentioned earlier, we are running a campaign to increase our Facebook followers. We got nearly 1,000 more followers so far.

We want to grow traffic from the social networks as part of our SEO and marketing efforts.

FB should show it once, if they have to, and then be done with it...

That's precisely what cookies are for. Without a cookie stored on your computer, the Thaivisa forum website has no way of knowing that this message about Facebook has already been displayed on your computer. Cookies do a marvellous job, if you let them.

...shouldn't be popping up in the first place on a forum like this where we are all members and contribute.

LOL. So, how much are your annual dues? 555.

This thing stopped popping up for me the moment I reacted in the way George suggested. It was truly annoying but it had to do with my browser settings as promised.

I'm going to go have a beer. 555

Cheers

FB should show it once, if they have to, and then be done with it...

That's precisely what cookies are for. Without a cookie stored on your computer, the Thaivisa forum website has no way of knowing that this message about Facebook has already been displayed on your computer. Cookies do a marvellous job, if you let them.

If I'm not mistaken, which could be the case here, that is not correct.

I have cookies allowed, but not 3rd party cookies. So the Thai Visa forum website will know that I liked (or pressed 'not now'), but Facebook doesn't since I did not allow 3rd party cookies. And therefor the banner does return. It is not the Thai Visa website but Facebook (at Thai Visa request) that is triggering the popup.

And that part I don't like. I don't mind Thai Visa website cookies, but do mind 3rd party cookies (like in this case Facebook), because these 3rd party cookies make my computer much more vulnerable.

...shouldn't be popping up in the first place on a forum like this where we are all members and contribute.

LOL. So, how much are your annual dues? 555...

I feel the same way Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

The fact that I have a TVF login should be enough to tell people that I like TVF. I closed my Facebook account in 2010 as I thought it was $#!t. It really p!$$es me off that websites I enjoy try to encourage me to follow them on FB. TVF if I want to like you on FB I will do it of my own free will and initiative. Stop ruining my enjoyment of your website.

Just use the "X" button or the "No thanks" button and you will never see this specific FB unit again.

It has so far increased our Facebook following with approx. 2,000 new followers. We need to increase the traffic from the social networks in order to drive more traffic to Thaivisa.