No Non-Im-B visa in Adelaide available

A friend of mine very recently went to Adelaide to get a 1 year Non-Im -B- Visa with multiple entries.

He had followed the advice of Sunbelt Asia Co., that Sunbelt Asia will issue him with all the necessary paperwork to apply succesfully in Adelaide, all this for a fixed fee of 10,700 Baht. The person at Sunbelt had assured him, that this is still working and many before him did this with success.

However the staff at the Consulate in Adelaide told my friend he can get only a single entry Non-Im -B- visa and that Sunbelt Asia should stop sending people over to apply for this kind of visa.

All in all my friend spend something around 2,000 US$, including the "fee" for Sunbelt Asia, for flights, hotels etc., only to get a single entry visa.

So others should be warned and avoid contacting Sunbelt Asia for this purpose.

Maybe people should just stop giving money to "law offices" just to be issued with crafted credentials referring to non-existing work or business in Thailand.

If your friend works in Thailand he can obtain a work permit then the multiple-entry visa in Penang, Malaysia. Otherwise he'll have to obtain another type of visa just like everybody else.

Try another consulate. Melbourne should work, Hobart too.

mmm... the consulates don't actually issue the visas... they take the applications and send them to the Thai Embassy in Canberra.. shouldn't make any difference where you lodge it.. I think the basic information must be wrong...

• Like 1

Maybe people should just stop giving money to "law offices" just to be issued with crafted credentials referring to non-existing work or business in Thailand.

If your friend works in Thailand he can obtain a work permit then the multiple-entry visa in Penang, Malaysia. Otherwise he'll have to obtain another type of visa just like everybody else.

In general you're right, but with the Thai govt being so strict, they force a lot of people to use this kind of detour.

My friend isn't 50 years old jet to apply for a retirement visa, but he has enough money to support himself in Thailand without having to work here.

But I think esp. the present govt is uneasy about anything foreign, as foreigners don't obey the military as much as locals propably are used to do. So they don't want to have foreigners around...

Edited by SamMunich

I can't be the only one thinking why people who have 'plenty' of money always seem to be looking for a way around the rules rather than using some of their 'plenty' of money to just go with the rules. 2 entry, 3 entry tourist visa and a couple of trips to the Imm' office and you have a long term stay in Thailand without any problems.

Rant over.

• Like 1

Try another consulate. Melbourne should work, Hobart too.

mmm... the consulates don't actually issue the visas... they take the applications and send them to the Thai Embassy in Canberra.. shouldn't make any difference where you lodge it.. I think the basic information must be wrong...

I'll correct myself there... The Consulates do issue visas.... after they have been approved by the Thai Embassy in Canberra..

How long has this been so? I successfully applied for a non-Imm B only 12 months ago in an Australian city I'll decline to name except it wasn't Sydney or Melbourne and got it issued the same day. NB this was in a US passport

How long has this been so? I successfully applied for a non-Imm B only 12 months ago in an Australian city I'll decline to name except it wasn't Sydney or Melbourne and got it issued the same day. NB this was in a US passport

Possibly your was a single entry visa just like the one that OP's friend has obtained.

Actually what pi..ed me off is the company here, that knowingly sends people to Adelaide and taking 10.7K Baht from them, when they know the game is over since quite some time.

I mean how deep can you sink to make a few bucks...?