Pattaya market owner denies hitting police during raid

Lite Beer

Pattaya market owner denies hitting police during raid
DETHAWEE THEEWARANGKOOL
THE SUNDAY NATION

30263767-01_big.jpg

PATTAYA: -- THE OWNER of the Pattaya-based Grand Hall Market, Suppakrit "Hia Jua" Akkalertlart, insisted yesterday that he didn't assault Pol Lt-Colonel Kwanpichai Manocharoensub, a deputy superintendent from Crime Suppression Division subdivision 2, and other plain-clothed police on Friday evening.

Supprakrit said a fight that had erupted stemmed from a non-police subordinate of Kwanpichai allegedly trying to seize a vendor's goods at the market despite objections from the vendor. He spoke after going to see police yesterday morning.

In an anti-counterfeit goods operation, Kwanpichai and his team tried to arrest four shop owners but were allegedly attacked by as many as a dozen vendors from the market in Soi Bua Khao in southern Pattaya.

Kwanpichai received bruising to his body and a cut under his eye that required seven stitches.

Pol Lieutenant Rapipong Saratee received a head wound that required three stitches, while three other police officers and two informants sustained bruising.

Suppakrit, 61, claimed that although Kwanpichai identified himself as a police officer by flashing a card, he quickly put the card back in his wallet. He said a member of the raid team who was putting reportedly fake brand-name sunglasses into a bag told him that he wasn't a police officer. He said he told the person that he couldn't take the goods because it was stealing.

"I angrily held up my hand to hit him in the head, but he choked me so vendors came to help me, leading to the fight," he said. Suppakrit said Kwanpichai and the other injured people were trying to break up the melee and copped stray hits.

The sunglasses vendor, Nampol Sattaku, 26, claimed police didn't present official paperwork before one team member grabbed his shirt collar and held him while his goods were seized.

He said he subsequently alerted Suppakrit so he could talk to police but the situation got out of hand.

Police have charged Suppakrit with obstruction and assaulting police officers while performing their duty - an offence punishable by up to five years in jail and/or a Bt10,000 fine. He was let go after questioning.

Police are looking for others who were involved in the incident.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Pattaya-market-owner-denies-hitting-police-during--30263767.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-05

Plain clothes police in Thailand is a bad idea. The uniform is the only way to tell the cops from the crooks, everything else about them is the same... Where is that market? I want to start shopping there.

This is the opposite of a pointing pic.

Here the alleged criminal is raising his hand to demonstrate how he would have hit the police had he hit them, which he didn't!

It was the 15 others (interestingly not present) which beat the cops with pick axe handles.

Something is not adding up in this story.

Perhaps its the fact the 15 others were members of his family?

Edited by Manbing

I could never understand the Amusing penal punishments codes system in Thailand, 5 years in jail, and OR 10,000 baht fine,

a foreigner get caught with 200 Ya bah 50 years in jail, not sure what was his OR

someone gets caught with a million Ya Bah gets 10 years in jail and OR 20,000 fine.....

I could never understand the Amusing penal punishments codes system in Thailand, 5 years in jail, and OR 10,000 baht fine,

a foreigner get caught with 200 Ya bah 50 years in jail, not sure what was his OR

someone gets caught with a million Ya Bah gets 10 years in jail and OR 20,000 fine.....

Don't even try to understand. We are guests here, you will not change a Thai, so to enjoy the country we are living in, you will have to change.

Penalties for some offences may have been fixed decades ago and never updated, whereas penalties for other offences may have been fixed much more recently and so may be more realistic.

Plain clothes police in Thailand is a bad idea. The uniform is the only way to tell the cops from the crooks, everything else about them is the same... Where is that market? I want to start shopping there.

how many police uniforms you want to buy?

Kind of refreshing to hear that he didn't confess in his first hour under questioning.

Given the number of reported scams perpetrated by fake or corrupt police, it's hard to tell exactly what happened and who was in the wrong...

Supprakrit said a fight that had erupted stemmed from a non-police subordinate of Kwanpichai allegedly trying to seize a vendor's goods at the market despite objections from the vendor.

​So basically old mate Supprakrit was trying to stop a thief taking his goods.

Good for him.

Too much of this police volunteer bull sh!t goes on here. You're either a cop or you aren't in my opinion.

Bangkok Police injured as Pattaya Market Vendors attack

market-5.jpg

PATTAYA: -- There was an angry confrontation at a Market in Soi Buakhao on Friday which has prompted an internal Police Investigation after a group of Bangkok Police Officers conducted a raid on the market and seized counterfeit branded items.

The team of officers were from the Special Operations Unit of the Crime Suppression Police Region 2 and were led by Police Lieutenant Colonel Kwunpichai. The 7 officers visited the Grand Hall Market in Soi Buakhao and identified a market vendor selling counterfeit branded wrist watches which were subsequently seized.

The confrontation with vendors began when the officers are alleged to have not properly identified themselves and refused to show the vendors their ID cards and appeared to be hiding some of the information on the cards.

The owner of the market, Khun Supagrit aged 61, was called and also challenged the officers to correctly product their ID cards for inspection. This time they ignored the market owner and continued to seize the items. The situation became worse which led to an attack on the officers with the Lieutenant Colonel being allegedly struck in the face.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/202387/bangkok-police-injured-as-pattaya-market-vendors-attack/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-07-06

how many police uniforms you want to buy?

I hope they are not counterfeit

My wife worked on the Made in Thailand market on 2nd road. She worked for a company which sold counterfeit shirts. Almost weekly, Pattaya police officers came in & 'confiscated' some shirts usually in the said officer's size.

they have fake music police, mental patients dressed as police, fake liscense inspectors in uniform, then photo shots of captured criminals where the dress code for criminal looks same as what the arresting officers wear.

ok, unsdcover, snitches etc i caqn seen out of ub=niform, but while on duty or preforming offical poltce duty that individual should be required to be in dressw uniform issued to policemen. if not and they become beligerent agressive, treat them like you would any thug bust their arse, act and look the part of the position you are assigned.

\

you want somchi coming in to theopertating room to do surgery in his rice paddy attire? even if he is head of surgery and you dont know him from adam?