Booming Base Speakers

DD13

You guys need to first acknowledge your mistakes.

Now go spend a bit more money and get better neighbours.

Pay peanuts and you will live next door to the monkey business that goes on. :wai2:

Pay peanuts and you will live next door to the monkey business that goes on. :wai2:

Perhaps you would like to invite us around to your "Stately Home" and show us where we went wrong

Oliver Read as a role model.......!!!!!

Edited by DD13

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My g/f family house in bangkok has a temple behind it and when they have their fayre they have music and I MEAN LOUD often from v early until really late she says their arguement is that its for the poor workers who dont have much leisure stuff, me i just went away for a few days.

rijit

Haha life in Thailand. I live near the OP, presuming he means Nong Plalai north of Pattaya and I know exactly the noise he means. We have a week long fayre once a year too at Nong Khet Noi somewhat similar to you and get the very loud bass boosted music every night until late. We used to get the monks on the speakers chanting (and then pontificating) from 4am too but that has gone thankfully. Now after 6am we get what I think is the commercial noise over the speaker system of directing traffic in and out of the wat, it appears to be on the tourist list for many hundreds of Chinese daily.

I put double glazing in but that bass boom-boom is penetrating..........

I moved out of town thinking I would live a peaceful life, I might as well be on soi 7!

Sattahip is peaceful!

Edited by gmac

Pay peanuts and you will live next door to the monkey business that goes on. wai2.gif

Pay peanuts and you will live next door to the monkey business that goes on. wai2.gif

Perhaps you would like to invite us around to your "Stately Home" and show us where we went wrong

Only the fool will judge a book by the cover.

No you cant come round the Wife / Gig don't like riff-raff, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! giggle.gif

Thought Mr reed was a jolly nice bloke and he loved a beer thumbsup.gif

Only the fool will judge a book by the cover.

No you cant come round the Wife / Gig don't like riff-raff, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :giggle:

Thought Mr reedm was a jolly nice bloke and he loved a beer :thumbsup:

Not worth commenting on...........

Edited by DD13

In civilised countries, Governments issue warnings about hazards. 'Wear White at Night.' 'Don't Drink and Drive.' How about in Thailand 'Loud Music makes You Deaf - You Are Already Dumb.'

Things must have changed a bit, but I always remember painful ears in discos when I was younger, living in a "civilized country".

Seriously though, no one is forcing you to live or vacation in a non-civilized country... also, there is no chance of ear damage at a distance from the offending music. It's merely a nuisance for "civilized people".

My g/f family house in bangkok has a temple behind it and when they have their fayre they have music and I MEAN LOUD often from v early until really late she says their arguement is that its for the poor workers who dont have much leisure stuff, me i just went away for a few days.

rijit

Haha life in Thailand. I live near the OP, presuming he means Nong Plalai north of Pattaya and I know exactly the noise he means. We have a week long fayre once a year too at Nong Khet Noi somewhat similar to you and get the very loud bass boosted music every night until late. We used to get the monks on the speakers chanting (and then pontificating) from 4am too but that has gone thankfully. Now after 6am we get what I think is the commercial noise over the speaker system of directing traffic in and out of the wat, it appears to be on the tourist list for many hundreds of Chinese daily.

I put double glazing in but that bass boom-boom is penetrating..........

I moved out of town thinking I would live a peaceful life, I might as well be on soi 7! smile.png

Mate, seriousely try those boots wax ear plugs, they are awesome, they wont stop vibration cos thats diferent but all else ,BOOM is gone even the g/f moaning right next to u GONE,,, abracadabra !!!

rijit

Having trouble sleeping and up early. The monks are chanting over the speaker system again I hear. Thankfully not as loud as in the past. My double glazing handles that.

Anybody have the problem of monks at nearby temples broadcasting sermons over loudspeakers starting at 5 AM? I live 1 km away but can hear it quite clearly through an open window. I'm glad I don't live nearby, and I'm sure the nearby residents are glad they don't do it every day.

Anybody have the problem of monks at nearby temples broadcasting sermons over loudspeakers starting at 5 AM? I live 1 km away but can hear it quite clearly through an open window. I'm glad I don't live nearby, and I'm sure the nearby residents are glad they don't do it every day.

Just be greatful you don't live in a Muslim country. Prayer times used to do my head in.