Reporting a dangerous teacher.

cgphuket

I recently worked with an American (female) teacher in Northern Thailand and heard she is going to teach at an international school in PP. The woman was a nightmare. She was normally high at work, was known in the community for getting into drunken brawls with her paid boy-toys, in public. There was a rumor she sometimes hosted parties at her house with booze and drunks for the upper-class male students (use your imagination as to why...). After numerous staff and parent complaints she was told to leave, but they let her resign and finish her contract to save the school's reputation. I understand she is wanted for questioning in the U.S. for drug offenses (never arrested, just warrants issued). Is their any part of the education ministry that would be interested in a heads up about her? I know in Cambodia, male teachers are viewed with the most suspicion, but this woman is more dangerous than most men...

Don't waste your time. Cambodia has absolutely no standards for teachers at all. There's a famous lady in Siem Reap who has been abusing students at SmartKids school for the best part of a decade. She's even been caught on camera doing it. Action taken, despite being reported to government and school and large amounts of public attention? None whatsoever.

The Ministry of Education will not do anything, especially since it is not they who will be employing her. They have their hands full with the public schools and exert virtually no authority over private ones.

Your points of recourse would be (1) the international school that has employed her and (2) US law enforcement if their are in fact outstanding warrants for her arrest. In the US, a warrant is not the same as "wanted for questioning", it means actual arrest.

Archived