Help me with Thai language!

nabbie

Hi,

I am a single parent with 2 daughters and I do really need to learn some basic writing/reading in Thai as soon as possible.

I already know about 100 to 200 Thai words & how to write the Thai alphabets. I need someone to reinforce my wee mind with the basic Thai sentences.

The fees can be negotiated via PM or exchanging my skills. Will the total of 10 hours (2 hours per session) be good to start with?

If interesting or you know someone who can help me, please get in touch with me.

Korb khun krap wai.gif

Go to A Thai language school.You'll find them fairly easy.Then again someone you know probably knows English fluently.Maybe they will tutor you.

Yes, I will try both, thanks. What is the average rate to charge per 1 hour?

10 hours of tuition will get you virtually nowhere.

You should be thinking in terms of hundreds of hours of tuition. (By some estimates it takes 2,000 hours of study to become reasonably competent in Thai.)

10 hours of tuition will get you virtually nowhere.

You should be thinking in terms of hundreds of hours of tuition. (By some estimates it takes 2,000 hours of study to become reasonably competent in Thai.)

Of course, I know that. As I said earlier, to start with 1st 10 hours would be good. So that I could contantly learn after that.

Go to A Thai language school.You'll find them fairly easy.Then again someone you know probably knows English fluently.Maybe they will tutor you.

Yes, I will try both, thanks. What is the average rate to charge per 1 hour?

i paid 300 an hour 4 years ago at patong language school for private lessons

I recommend http://www.italki.com.

You can learn with a private thai tutor on skype for as little as $7/hr (about 220 baht). There aren't very many Thai tutors, but I've tried several and really like them. I'm in no way associated with the site, I just think it's a good resource.

Thanks leosmith, I will take a look at it. smile.png