Motorola V3i Questions

A_Traveller

Hi All,

Anyone guide me here from experience. Looked at the Motorola V3i yesterday and despite looking at the manual I was unable to discover if I could attach MP3 ringtones, sourced from my computer, to an individual, or for that matter to the phone itself.

Anyone with this beast in Thailand, could you let me know if it's possible?

One other question, some are available with iTunes and others with a similar 'jukebox' software. Since iTunes doesn't work here and I don't have a foreign account with Apple, is it best to get the non iTunes version?

TIA

Regards

Most of the counter-based shops in MBK can add an MP3 ringtone to your V3i for a modest fee.

If you want to homewbrew, then you need some utilities, and possibly hardware.

Using Bluetooth is the best connectivity option so purchase a Bluetooh adapter (USB) for your PC. I could not get the cable option to work.

Download mptrim

Install Motorola Phone Tools (comes on a CD with the phone) on the PC and update it.

You use mptrim to create a ~ 30 second file from the section of the MP3 you want to use as the ringtone. Save that as a new .mp3

Then establish Bluetooth connectivity between the PC and phone, open Motorola Phone Tools, then drag/drop the new .mp3 into the ringtone directory on the phone.

It took me a while to figure out, but if I can do it anyone can. Check out the Motorola sub-forum on HowardForums for additional details. Example

==============================================

One other question, some are available with iTunes and others with a similar 'jukebox' software. Since iTunes doesn't work here and I don't have a foreign account with Apple, is it best to get the non iTunes version?

==============================================

I am in Thailand

I have no account

But do use Itunes constantly with my Ipod. Remember though, that Itunes for the Moto has a limit of 100 songs.

Many thanks for the responses and the links, much appreciated.

My iTunes thought was as much based on the annoyances {services installed, update checks etc.} I have with QTime Professional. I use Juice for my mp3 and podcasts subscriptions.

Again thanks.

Now where can I get the TOS theme just to really be annoying on the BTS :o

Regards

Edited by A_Traveller