How do get from Suvarnabhum to Sukhumvit on public transport?

I live in Chiangmai and not been to BKK for years. I'm flying in Wednesday morning and need to get to the Trendy Office building in the afternoon for a passport renewal. How do get across town? And where can I comfortably spend a few morning hours waiting for my appointment?

Thanks.

First response is correct. There is another way, too. It would be helpful to know where the Trendy Office Building is, but here goes.

At Swampy, go to the lower level and go left out the front doors. There are vans that take you to a shuttle bus station on airport property a few minutes away. There are buses and vans that go to lots of places in the city, including Don Muang Airport. I have sometimes used the van that goes to Onnut (BTS station). There are others that go to other locations along Sukhumvit, e.g. PhraKhanong, Ekamai.

Your choice, depending on where you're going along Sukhumvit. The vans may be quicker the further east you're going.

I believe the Trendy building is on Sukhumvit Soi 13. Best way is to get the airport train to Phraya Thai then that the BTS to Asoke station and it is just a short work up the road to Soi 13. Or get off at Nana station which is near Soi 11 and walk to Soi 13.

I live very close to that building and what I do is take Airport Link to Phaya Thai BTS for 45 baht (end of the line) and then hop on the BTS heading toward Bearing and get off at Nana station (don't remember the BTS price as I use rabbit card but I think it's less than 40 baht). As long as it's not during "rush-hours", find this to be more faster than getting off at Makasan station and walking to MRT station (although I haven't been there since they built the link between two stations). This is for direct to Trendy scenario. But, in your case, you have few hours to kill, so Makkasan and then MRT (one stop) may make better sense.

Don't know what time you arrive and what you want to do in the morning but you can always hangout at Terminal 21 (got food, coffee, movie, eye candies and etc.) on Asoke station and then walk to Sukhumvit 13.

Take the airport Rail Link to Makassan station, and then walk to the MRT and go one station to Asoke station

This is the best way: Makkasan Airport link station is now linked to the Petchaburi MRT ( subway) station by an overhead walkway. You then take the MRT a single stop to the Sukhumvit MRT station (it is not called Asoke- that is the BTS (skytrain) station that is adjacent to it).

Soi 13 is about 500m west of the station on Sukhumvit Rd.

Edited by partington

I believe the Trendy building is on Sukhumvit Soi 13. Best way is to get the airport train to Phraya Thai then that the BTS to Asoke station and it is just a short work up the road to Soi 13. Or get off at Nana station which is near Soi 11 and walk to Soi 13.That

You should opt for the 'least-walking- in-the-open' option in case of hot sun or rain (taxis can be tricky to get in rain).

That option is one of steveyinasias suggestions:

• Airport to PhayaThai rail link station
  • Walk form PhayaThai rail link station to PhayaThai BTS station. This is a covered well-signed interchange walkway - say 3 minutes platform to platform
  • PhayaThai BTS station to Nana BTS station by BTS
  • Walk from Nana BTS station along the North side of Thanon Sukhumvit for about 400 metres (mostly shaded by shop awnings) and turn left into soi 13. Trendy Building is another 200 metres up the soi on the right.

Cost would be about 150 baht one way. The lazy option of taxi from the airport to the door of Trendy would be quicker (usually) and preferable in hot sun or rain, but would cost you about 300-350 baht including highway tolls depending on traffic. [Taxis are not tricky to get in rain from the airport].

My personal preference if I had 2-3 hours to kill would be a massage (proper or improper, your preference) plus coffee bar with wi-fi. But, difficult to find proper massages in Lower Sukhumvit (somebody recommend?) - when I was new to Bangkok on business 15+ yrs ago someone told me that I could get a proper skilled Thai massage in one of the more expensive looking salons on Tha Sukhumvit. Indeed it started as such on the open plan ground floor. After half an hour she said - ok upstairs. why I said. Smoke she said. I don't need a cigarette right now I said. Silly me! Coffee bar at front right of Trendy has free wi-fi.

Of course there is also the ThaiVisa bar in soi 7, only a minute from Nana BTS (probably opens at 10am) for pool, coffee, beer and wi-fi. Also the venerable Beer Garden, 100 metres further up that soi - always a laugh to watch the Bangkok working girls at their biz (even at 10.30 am: when I got a little less naive after a few years here but before I got married I was offered an 'early bird discount' with a twinkle, which gave me a belly laugh (the offer) - some of the ladies are good for chat even if you are buying no more than a 95 baht beer.

Lunchtime - try the duck in the Chinese open-fronted tea-house on the corner of Suk and soi 15 (I think its 15 maybe next soi higher up in number)

Far too much information for a simple request!

Edit: Now seen the Terminal 21 suggestion plus fact they now have a walkway from Makkasan to Petchaburi MRT. Yes - if you want to browse in T21 then that route is only a couple of hundred more metres of walking and similar cost. You'd do well to find that 267 baht taxi these days (curious/spurious accuracy!) - I don't think it uses the highway all the way.

Edited by SantiSuk

as santisuk says but come off nana from phaya thai check out same direction as skytrain was travelling 2nd steps along 'corner of soi 11' .@soi 11 turn left 50m turn right @ villa thru past massage indians massage indians out the other side straight ahead Sportsman bar and lan po massage turn right Family mart Trendy !

good luck

I love the new airport link to get downtown in Bangkok. Well at least out of Swampy to

the cheaper part of BKK. and HidyHo, Great profile picture!

If you have Thai relatives or friends that you can trust, that is another very practical and

cheap way to get around in Bangkok. I tried it once on the back of a motorcycle taxi,

and have to say that once was enough for me! Dang nearly got my knee cap taken off by a car mirror.

Not the best way to enjoy the rest of your vacation.

First response is correct. There is another way, too. It would be helpful to know where the Trendy Office Building is, but here goes.

At Swampy, go to the lower level and go left out the front doors. There are vans that take you to a shuttle bus station on airport property a few minutes away. There are buses and vans that go to lots of places in the city, including Don Muang Airport. I have sometimes used the van that goes to Onnut (BTS station). There are others that go to other locations along Sukhumvit, e.g. PhraKhanong, Ekamai.

Your choice, depending on where you're going along Sukhumvit. The vans may be quicker the further east you're going.

Are you serious. The first answer is correct. Grab train in airport and then MRT. Trendy Soi 13.

Mind you the OPTION could google it got the same result.

I believe the Trendy building is on Sukhumvit Soi 13. Best way is to get the airport train to Phraya Thai then that the BTS to Asoke station and it is just a short work up the road to Soi 13. Or get off at Nana station which is near Soi 11 and walk to Soi 13.That

You should opt for the 'least-walking- in-the-open' option in case of hot sun or rain (taxis can be tricky to get in rain).

That option is one of steveyinasias suggestions:

• Airport to PhayaThai rail link station
  • Walk form PhayaThai rail link station to PhayaThai BTS station. This is a covered well-signed interchange walkway - say 3 minutes platform to platform
  • PhayaThai BTS station to Nana BTS station by BTS
  • Walk from Nana BTS station along the North side of Thanon Sukhumvit for about 400 metres (mostly shaded by shop awnings) and turn left into soi 13. Trendy Building is another 200 metres up the soi on the right.
Cost would be about 150 baht one way. The lazy option of taxi from the airport to the door of Trendy would be quicker (usually) and preferable in hot sun or rain, but would cost you about 300-350 baht including highway tolls depending on traffic. [Taxis are not tricky to get in rain from the airport].

My personal preference if I had 2-3 hours to kill would be a massage (proper or improper, your preference) plus coffee bar with wi-fi. But, difficult to find proper massages in Lower Sukhumvit (somebody recommend?) - when I was new to Bangkok on business 15+ yrs ago someone told me that I could get a proper skilled Thai massage in one of the more expensive looking salons on Tha Sukhumvit. Indeed it started as such on the open plan ground floor. After half an hour she said - ok upstairs. why I said. Smoke she said. I don't need a cigarette right now I said. Silly me! Coffee bar at front right of Trendy has free wi-fi.

Of course there is also the ThaiVisa bar in soi 7, only a minute from Nana BTS (probably opens at 10am) for pool, coffee, beer and wi-fi. Also the venerable Beer Garden, 100 metres further up that soi - always a laugh to watch the Bangkok working girls at their biz (even at 10.30 am: when I got a little less naive after a few years here but before I got married I was offered an 'early bird discount' with a twinkle, which gave me a belly laugh (the offer) - some of the ladies are good for chat even if you are buying no more than a 95 baht beer.

Lunchtime - try the duck in the Chinese open-fronted tea-house on the corner of Suk and soi 15 (I think its 15 maybe next soi higher up in number)

Far too much information for a simple request!

Edit: Now seen the Terminal 21 suggestion plus fact they now have a walkway from Makkasan to Petchaburi MRT. Yes - if you want to browse in T21 then that route is only a couple of hundred more metres of walking and similar cost. You'd do well to find that 267 baht taxi these days (curious/spurious accuracy!) - I don't think it uses the highway all the way.

Ok ...I can't sleep, hence reading TV and replying to ridiculous posts. (Whats your excuse Sanisuk).The rail link is in the airport. And you don't bother with skytrain. The trendy is a 259.75second walk from Asoke.

For heaven's sake

Edited by jacksam