Closest BTS Bangkok when driving from Pattaya

derble

The airport option... about the parking, the long term carpark is really inconvenient, you have to park out in the sun, and the shuttle bus service to the terminals are infrequent and doesn't quite reach the carpark, security looks very lacking plus the cost ended up not that much cheaper than parking at the main building unless you are leaving your car there for multiple days.

Granted, the main carpark building attached to the terminal does get quite packed and you can find cars jam packed or other idiot parkers blocking your cars on your return, depend on the hours really,

other option is the Novotel Airport hotel, free parking with validation at the check-in counter, you can walk to the terminal or they have shuttle service to and from the main terminal all the time.

As for the actual BTS option, the BiTEC exhibition centre at the start of the BangNa road connects to the BTS station, or if you turn left from BangNa into Sukhumvit, one stop down is the Bearing BTS Station there are pay for carparks just down the road for park-and-ride commuters, but I'm not sure how much that cost compared to the BiTec Centre

I dont think so. I just left my car at the airport for 4 days while I went to Chiang Mai and was charged 1250. So 4 nights and 5 days cost me 1250 so about 100 for 8 hours is pretty f-/:(&g close I'd say.

Walk away while you're behind ...

Not sure how you arrived at your math for the given example (I think you might have taken total cost / # of hours to arrive at hourly rate which is not how it works). It seems to me like you got charged for 5 days parking [(7-24 hours = 250 baht) x 5 = 1250].

I dont think so. I just left my car at the airport for 4 days while I went to Chiang Mai and was charged 1250. So 4 nights and 5 days cost me 1250 so about 100 for 8 hours is pretty f-/:(&g close I'd say.

Walk away while you're behind ...

Not sure how you arrived at your math for the given example (I think you might have taken total cost / # of hours to arrive at hourly rate which is not how it works). It seems to me like you got charged for 5 days parking [(7-24 hours = 250 baht) x 5 = 1250].

Err. Parked in the morning and came back 4 days later at night time. = 1,250. Obviously my 4th day was over the 7 hours.

How would you know what my bill was for airport parking? It was me that paid it not you.

• 3 weeks later...

For the past few years , I have been parking at the SVP airport, and getting on the Airport Rail Link, I think it is the most convenient. It was very nice with the express line, but unfortunately that is cancelled. In order to save time and avoid walking through the airport, (I see that place enough already) I was thinking of trying to park at the first stop which is Lat Krabang. Does anyone have knowledge of parking facilities there? (Available/ safe?)