What are my options? 3 months needed

I've been studying Thai on an ED visa for 1 year and in the last 2 months of my visa for the first year. I can renew for a year, but I only need 3 months because I want to visit my home country together with my son and Thai gf for some 6 weeks in november.

The last 2 years I've had 2 Tourist visas. 1 triple entry and 1 double entry (both issued in Amsterdam), followed by the ED visa (issued in Vientiane). Now it seems like there are 3 options to be able to stay 3 months after my ED visa expires:

• Tourist visa 1 entry, 2+1 month. Would be the easiest
  • NON O because of my Thai son. Paperwork...
  • Extension of ED visa by 1 year. Expensive and not necessary as I only need 3 months and will apply for a new NON O visa in Amsterdam

Would I be able to go to Penang (or Vientiane if I have to) to get a 1 entry tourist visa and how big is the chance that I actually get it? That would be favorable as it's the easiest, but I;m a bit worried about my passport being full with Thai stamps and visas.

My income is coming from outside Thailand and passes the 40k baht a month easily. Any help on what to do would be greatly appreciated!

Penang is not a recommended option I'm sure many others will advise the same, the officials down there are all going through a menopause it would appear.

If I were you I'd go to Laos and get the 60 day single entry and extend once inside. The majority of red flags are associated with multiple back to back 'exempt' visas so I don't think you have much to be concerned about.

Edited by coulson

You won't have a problem for a toursit visa in Penang, because you don't have repeated applications there. Kota Bharu is also fine.

You can also get the non-imm visa in laos without proof of funds. The only paperwork needed is birth certificate in original, copies of mother's ID card and house registration.

Edited by paz

Rather than get a tourist visa I suggest you get a single entry non-o visa that will give you the 90 days without the need to get a 30 day extension.

You could get the non-o in Penang by showing you child's birth certificate a copy of their house book registry,

You could get the non-o in Penang by showing you child's birth certificate a copy of their house book registry,

Wouldn't they ask for substantial financial proof Is this case? Or is that for only married multi-entry?

Wouldn't they ask for substantial financial proof Is this case? Or is that for only married multi-entry?

They don't ask for financial proof to get a single entry non-o visa. Which is what I suggested he get.