New fortunner

I saw yesterday the first pics and actually like it.

Drove the very first 2005 2.7v then moved to 2011 3.0d. My biggest disappointment would be the high price for what it is.

What I like about the new one is the airbags.

Does it now have:

Rear disk brakes

Electric front seats (2)

Rear view camera

What exactly are all the new features?

No rear disks

Electric driver's seat only

Reversing camera on on all models except the base 2.4G MT

Outside of those, the new features are:

New Engines & 6 speed gearboxes

Engine stop/start system on 2.8L models

LED headlights with DRL's on all but the base model

Keyless entry/start

Electric/remote rear tailgate door

220V AC power socket

Upgraded traction control system with TSC, HDC, HAC.

Full set of airbags

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the 220 Volt for.?. Its not a R.V, Nor are there sites here with Power Docking, except Marinas.....?.weird extra...............

No need for extension cord for my electric hedge clippers. Just drive to other end of garden & plug 'em in thumbsup.gif

220v outlet is handy for charging/powering mains powered devices that you do not have a 12v plug for.

. That's handy ,I could sell the House

Might as well, useless things don't drive all that good.

My managers here at work that spend a lot of time in the car (they have drivers), I have fitted inverters for them so that they can keep their laptops powered.

Edited by Don Mega

So did i never needed an inverter though. Can Tuna owners use a Laptop ?, they all look rather simple to Me.gigglem.gifcoffee1.gif .

Not nearly as simple as you to fail to understand my post.... must be the old age thing I guess.

True but old enough to recognize the Electric Gadgets just old Lexus Stock thats outdated or unwanted like most Toyota upgrades. Yep Ford and all major players are thrilled at this latest bodge up. At least they have Land Cruiser to be proud off

True but old enough to recognize the Electric Gadgets just old Lexus Stock thats outdated or unwanted like most Toyota upgrades. Yep Ford and all major players are thrilled at this latest bodge up. At least they have Land Cruiser to be proud off

Ford is best of the best.gigglem.gif Never-mind the piss poor service and depreciation issues....

I'll wait and take a look at the Ford Everest. The issue with Ford is reliability. As if to drive that home, I saw a brand new Ranger on the back of a truck last time on my way from Pai to Chiang Mai. The latest iteration of the Vigo / Hilux has been out 10 years and I've never seen one being trucked home. Co-incidencce? I don't know.

Because people keep slagging the Thai market - last time I went home to Europe I was surprised to see Vigos all over the place. They're definitely selling well in Europe.. same exact car (well, with heating...).

The Vigo's claim to fame is that it's indestructible; and Fortuner uses the same base and has been very reliable as well. Needed to replace the Turbo once but It's never left us stranded.

Very interesting on the Australian models: All are 4WD (in Thailand only the top spec is). All have disk brakes all around (not available in Thailand). I guess the brakes are for towing capacity, and the 4WD is to set it apart from the other SUVs Toyota sells in Oz. Fortuner in Australia is a tough off road SUV. http://www.caradvice.com.au/366660/2016-toyota-fortuner-revealed-in-sydney-ahead-of-australian-debut/

As to what I'll do - not sure. I am definitely not jumping on this, or handing them my money. Our old Fortuner still runs well and still looks good. Maybe we will get some of the higher specs on the australian model with the next year upgrade etc. I am also waiting to see if they will get competition from Ford / Mitsubishi / Isuzu - it's not very likely to be honest.

While the Fortuner is much more expensive than these cars, it's also better looking and that what counts at the end. See Ranger - Ford Ranger was able to break Toyota's dominance as the "SUV to get" in the last 2 (or more?) years because it makes all the other pick-ups look bad. Ranger looks better, and it has better features, and it costs the same. Lucky for Toyota Ford couldn't really ramp up production the way they needed.

I don't see the Everest, PJS making the same strong case here. They're comparable, they're cheaper, but they don't look as good, and they don't have clearly superior specs either. Fortuner looks to remain the top dog even if at a much higher price.

Everest 2.5L 4X2 XLT In-line 4-cylinder DOHC 16V TDCi

(Turbo Diesel Commonrail Injection) 5 Speed Manual Retail Price THB 989,000
Everest 2.5L 4x2 LTD NAVI AT In-line 4-cylinder DOHC 16V TDCi
(Turbo Diesel Commonrail Injection) 5 Speed Automatic Retail Price THB 1,169,000
Everest 3.0L 4x4 LTD NAVI AT In-line 4-cylinder DOHC 16V TDCi
(Turbo Diesel Commonrail Injection) 5 Speed Automatic Retail Price THB 1,269,000
Got to say - much more reasonable prices there.
Ford-Everest-BKK-2015-3-630x362.jpg

Everest 2.5L 4X2 XLT In-line 4-cylinder DOHC 16V TDCi

(Turbo Diesel Commonrail Injection) 5 Speed Manual Retail Price THB 989,000
Everest 2.5L 4x2 LTD NAVI AT In-line 4-cylinder DOHC 16V TDCi
(Turbo Diesel Commonrail Injection) 5 Speed Automatic Retail Price THB 1,169,000
Everest 3.0L 4x4 LTD NAVI AT In-line 4-cylinder DOHC 16V TDCi
(Turbo Diesel Commonrail Injection) 5 Speed Automatic Retail Price THB 1,269,000

Those look like the specifications and prices from the old model Everest.

The new model are as follows:

2.2L Titanium 4x2 AT Retail price at THB 1,269,000

3.2L Titanium 4x4 AT Retail price at THB 1,459,000

3.2L Titanium+ 4x4 AT Retail price at THB 1,599,000

Your point still stands though when you look at the specifications...

Edited by eaustev

I went to book a new fortuner top spec yesterday, I was told 45 days waiting period, then went today afternoon and it changed to 3 months now for white top spec, (should have booked yesterday)[emoji35]

Also no insurance being offered for free , insurance is around 32k

Those who have booked a new fortuner, what freebies did u negotiate for

did u get insurance for free?

1st class insurance for 1 year, 1 year road tax, red license plate, car decoration should be the minimum included otherwise the sales person makes a fortune.

[snip - these were wrong!]

Those look like the specifications and prices from the old model Everest.

The new model are as follows:

2.2L Titanium 4x2 AT Retail price at THB 1,269,000

3.2L Titanium 4x4 AT Retail price at THB 1,459,000

3.2L Titanium+ 4x4 AT Retail price at THB 1,599,000

Your point still stands though when you look at the specifications...

Oh! Thanks for the correction. I got the prices off the Ford website. I suppose keeping websites up to date isn't their strong suit... :P

Ive just clicked all through the ford Thailand website, whilst I can find the "old" model Everest I cannot find prices....

Do you have a link ?

This is all I can find on the website.

http://www.ford.co.th/en/suvs/everest/models/4x4-ltd-navi-at?intcmp=cta_fordeverest-seemore_SUV

Here you go:

New Everest 2015 "coming soon" http://www.ford.co.th/en/suvs/all-new-everest

And the price list - actually online too, but only if you click the right sequence of buttons. It's like a video game!

Price list: http://www.ford.co.th/en/suvs/all-new-everest/price-list

Will most certainly look at this. Prices are steep too but it comes with all the features of the new Fortuner and it is actually all new, not just "all new on the outside".

Edited by nikster

So drum brakes in the back

Still has those horrible fold up chairs that block the rear quarter windows.

No electric passenger chair

No blind spot system

No cross traffic system

No reversing sensor or parking sensors, hard to believe but that's what the blurb says.

Looks like Toyota really pushed the boat out with this new model. Hope all those nasty hard plastics are gone too.

Ive just clicked all through the ford Thailand website, whilst I can find the "old" model Everest I cannot find prices....

Do you have a link ?

This is all I can find on the website.

http://www.ford.co.th/en/suvs/everest/models/4x4-ltd-navi-at?intcmp=cta_fordeverest-seemore_SUV

Here you go:

New Everest 2015 "coming soon" http://www.ford.co.th/en/suvs/all-new-everest

And the price list - actually online too, but only if you click the right sequence of buttons. It's like a video game!

Price list: http://www.ford.co.th/en/suvs/all-new-everest/price-list

Will most certainly look at this. Prices are steep too but it comes with all the features of the new Fortuner and it is actually all new, not just "all new on the outside".

Yeah. I was talking about the old model prices that eaustev found on the Thai Ford website.

In Your Dreams Robert, its not a Chevy.gigglem.gif

well that's what I got 1.5 years ago on my fortuner + a few more items incl cash rebate. And I would have gotten a similar deal from Isuzu for the MUX and from Mitsubishi for the Pajero last year when I was shopping around for a new SUV. Never even considered a Chevy to be honest.

If you can't get a deal like this, you are best of waiting 12-18 months until they start offering that again. Or go for another option. I'm sure you can get it with the new Pajero.

In Your Dreams Robert, its not a Chevy.gigglem.gif

well that's what I got 1.5 years ago on my fortuner + a few more items incl cash rebate. And I would have gotten a similar deal from Isuzu for the MUX and from Mitsubishi for the Pajero last year when I was shopping around for a new SUV. Never even considered a Chevy to be honest.

If you can't get a deal like this, you are best of waiting 12-18 months until they start offering that again. Or go for another option. I'm sure you can get it with the new Pajero.

Right - you'll never get a great deal at the launch of a new model... basic laws of supply and demand.. But in this case, it might still be more prudent to take a crappy deal now, with no freebies, than to wait another week and 5 months, when prices simply must rise under the new 2016 tax rules.

Edited by IMHO

If You check out the top Pre Runner Revo spec n price and compare it to the cheapest Tuna, yet again ones paying Top $ for 2 extra Chairs and a tin Roof extension.coffee1.gif

Or, more accurately, one is buying an SUV rather then a pickup.

Stopped in traffic in a taxi a few nights ago on Petchaburi Road right alongside a red-plated SUV that I didn't recognise but noticed that it had a "Hybrid" badge on the front wing. As it pulled away I could see the hybrid logo on the left rear quarter and although the Toyota "T" badge was there no Fortuner lettering.

Obviously was the new Fortuner as the rear lights were the same as pictures I'd seen. Odd that there is no mention of a hybrid on Toyotas website.

Stopped in traffic in a taxi a few nights ago on Petchaburi Road right alongside a red-plated SUV that I didn't recognise but noticed that it had a "Hybrid" badge on the front wing. As it pulled away I could see the hybrid logo on the left rear quarter and although the Toyota "T" badge was there no Fortuner lettering.

Obviously was the new Fortuner as the rear lights were the same as pictures I'd seen. Odd that there is no mention of a hybrid on Toyotas website.

maybe someone just decorated their Fortuner with some additional badges like "Hybrid"...just a guess.