New fortunner

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Myself can't see the point of must have new, for the same money a 2011/12 gets a higher spec Audi Q5, BMW X3, if you must have Toyota then the RX Lexus..

Its more the peace of mind with a warranty out in Thailand. Things can get expensive if your Q5 starts needing things fixing.

The BMW 5 yr warranty is a really good deal, and any Honda has great backup, probably the best in Thailand in our experience (with my wife's car)

Myself can't see the point of must have new, for the same money a 2011/12 gets a higher spec Audi Q5, BMW X3, if you must have Toyota then the RX Lexus..

Its more the peace of mind with a warranty out in Thailand. Things can get expensive if your Q5 starts needing things fixing.

The BMW 5 yr warranty is a really good deal, and any Honda has great backup, probably the best in Thailand in our experience (with my wife's car)

Yes but also the price depreciation on the bmw is relative to the remaining warrantee or lack thereof.. The X3 is much smaller an X5 would be closer in size to the Toyota.

Was it the Lexus, there is one that is a hybrid that is very close shape to the new Fortuner?

No, it was a Fortuner, the one that is a Fortuner and looks nothing like a Lexus. Why would a new Lexus have the Toyota "T" logo?

I see that all the we can't afford ones are coming out of the closet and slagging it off before even seeing it.

What else I would like to ask can you get here if you like to have a big estate motor MUX or the best selling Toyota. Not a lot of choice really.

Had a look at the new Revo 4x4 today whilst I was in Toyoto and must say a vast improvement on the Vigo.

A thai lad here at work was showing me something about a Revo today (was all in Thai so <deleted> knows what it all said)...

He was laughing though as the vehicle clearly had a price of Bt844,000 and amongst the few options listed one was the air conditioning listed at Bt25,000 !!

Probably climate control, not A/C. Easy to misunderstand as Thai is such a crap language.

Interesting that Toyota sell the new Fortuner with Rear Disc brakes in Australia but drums in Thailand?

Also strangle the new model looses the full time 4WD and is now stuck with the part time system like the Trailblazer, MU-X and probably the Everest.

Wonder if the new PJS will retain the Mitsu Super Select system with the center diff.

Interesting that Toyota sell the new Fortuner with Rear Disc brakes in Australia but drums in Thailand?

Also strangle the new model looses the full time 4WD and is now stuck with the part time system like the Trailblazer, MU-X and probably the Everest.

Wonder if the new PJS will retain the Mitsu Super Select system with the center diff.

The Everest is full time - in normal mode it has a 40:60 power split.

Thanks IMHO, Good to know.

I saw a comment somewhere the Everest used the Ranger 4WD system so I was expecting a part time system.

Nope - it uses the Ford "Terrain Command" system, which adjusts front/rear bias, diff locking, throttle response, traction control programming, steering response, and brake response depending on mode:

The new 'Tuna uses their "Sigma 4" system - which is really just electronic controlled 2H/4H/4L like a pickup.

They have buttons . Rain, ice,mud , and another I forget. There are vids for the system. Honda CRV has similar set up for new range...Ah Snow..!!.

But the everest doesn't have a push start buttonblink.png How could they forget that? Anyway, those who have driven both the fortuner and everest state that the everest has much better steering and suspension. And the 2.2 is as quick off the line as the 3.2, until very fast speeds are reached.

They have buttons . Rain, ice,mud , and another I forget. There are vids for the system. Honda CRV has similar set up for new range...Ah Snow..!!.

But the everest doesn't have a push start buttonblink.png How could they forget that? Anyway, those who have driven both the fortuner and everest state that the everest has much better steering and suspension. And the 2.2 is as quick off the line as the 3.2, until very fast speeds are reached.

Well they have to reserve some features for minor change or limited models I guess.

Let's hope that when/if Ford do it, they do it right and include driver memory features at the same time, and don't have a brick-sized remote fob like the Fortuner ;)

Well they have to reserve some features for minor change or limited models I guess.

Let's hope that when/if Ford do it, they do it right and include driver memory features at the same time, and don't have a brick-sized remote fob like the Fortuner wink.png

Big key or remote fobs can be very useful for reminding co-workers of the pecking order when "accidentally left" on your office desk. tongue.png

2705027_orig.jpg

Let's hope that when/if Ford do it, they do it right and include driver memory features at the same time, and don't have a brick-sized remote fob like the Fortuner wink.png

Big key or remote fobs can be very useful for reminding co-workers of the pecking order when "accidentally left" on your office desk. tongue.png

2705027_orig.jpg

That look almost reasonably sized, except for the panic button.. This is the Tuna's one:

2016-Toyota-Fortuner-keyfob-front-Keyles

Imagine this in your pocket.... "Is that a Fortuner smart key, or are you just happy to see me?"

:P

Huh? Surely the 4WD top spec model keeps the full time AWD?

Archived