Clinton says she opposes boycott effort against Israel

webfact

This IS what happens in a war and the Gazans freely elected Hamas to govern them when they knew they were terrorists. Hamas responded with suicide bombings and thousands of rocket attacks. No country on earth would have let these Islamic terrorists get away with it and Israel put a stop to it.

Edited by Ulysses G.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This IS what happens in a war and the Gazans freely elected Hamas to govern them when they knew they were terrorists. Hamas responded with suicide bombings and thousands of rocket attacks. No country on earth would have let these Islamic terrorists get away with it and Israel put a stop to it.

it aint stopped and it wont stop with israel in the west bank. get used to it

it aint stopped and it wont stop with israel in the west bank. get used to it

Then Hamas and their supporters will get stomped AGAIN and they can blame themselves.

Edited by Ulysses G.

This thread is like a microcosm of the world at the moment.

A minority (very few indeed) pro Israel zealots shouting loud and using the anti semitic line against the ever increasing majority who can see through all their bluster and inane ramblings, which of course makes the zealots shout louder and say even more crazy things.

I really think they just say things to try and justify their own warped view whereas the rest of the world just gives them a fleeting scant thought and wonders how people can think that way.

This thread is like a microcosm of the world at the moment.

A minority (very few indeed) pro Israel zealots shouting loud and using the anti semitic line against the ever increasing majority who can see through all their bluster and inane ramblings, which of course makes the zealots shout louder and say even more crazy things.

I really think they just say things to try and justify their own warped view whereas the rest of the world just gives them a fleeting scant thought and wonders how people can think that way.

Actually, it is always a few anti-Semites denying the facts and trying to convince others with lies. The Palestinians started the violence in the first place and have been losing on every front for almost 70 years. Everything keeps improving for the country of Israel while the Palestinians remain in a purgatory of their own making with no accomplishments, no money and no economy.

Edited by Ulysses G.

is it really news that Hillary opposes it?

Like her "evolving" position on same-sex marriage, who would be surprised if/when her position on BDS "evolves" after the election?

wink.png

Everyone from the Rand Corporation to the Israeli government itself is sounding the alarm bells over the BDS movement. It's just a few ostriches who still attempt to dismiss it. They remind me of those Japanese soldiers on islands in the Pacific still fighting WWII years after the war had actually ended. gigglem.gif

Edited by up-country_sinclair

Actually, it is always a few anti-Semites denying the facts and trying to convince others with lies. The Palestinians started the violence in the first place and have been losing on every front for almost 70 years. Everything keeps improving for the country of Israel while the Palestinians remain in a purgatory of their own making with no accomplishments, no money and no economy.

the only thing that keeps israel alive is america and due to demographics that wont last. get used to it

Everyone from the Rand Corporation to the Israeli government itself is sounding the alarm bells over the BDS movement.

I have provided plenty of evidence that the BDS movement is a failure. I guess we are just supposed to take your word otherwise. giggle.gif

Why the BDS movement is such a colossal flop.

http://www.haaretz.com/blogs/david-s-harp/.premium-1.599763

Cultural and academic boycotts: why the BDS movement is an embarrassment and a failure

http://occamstypewriter.org/stevecaplan/2014/07/19/cultural-and-academic-boycotts-why-the-bds-movement-is-an-embarrassment-and-a-failure/

The failures of the Israel boycotters

The various campaigns by British BDS groups have been noisy and sometimes messy, but in practical terms, they have been a complete failure

http://www.thecommentator.com/article/1408/the_failures_of_the_israel_boycotters

The BDS movement is failing. Part 1

http://ukmediawatch.org/2015/06/19/the-bds-movement-is-failing-part-1/

Boycotting Israel is doomed to fail

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2009/jan/24/israelandthepalestinians-internationaltrade

I disagree with UG on this.

I think BDS is a threat to Israel.

Perhaps no damage yet, but is has potential to do more damage.

I know many European governments have recognized Palestine ... rather an aspirational recognition based on the reality on the ground.

But are there really any European governments that have endorsed the BDS movement?

If so, please name them.

the only thing that keeps israel alive is america and due to demographics that wont last. get used to it

More ignorance. Israel has a self-sustaining economy which keeps improving and one of the best armies in the world. America is a good ally, but nowadays Israel could easily survive without them. However, they probably won't have to. Israel has too much to offer when it comes to Intelligence and technology.

Israeli government is being smart and realizing that putting all the eggs in ONE basket, the USA, is too risky and of course they are well aware of the political trend in Europe to unfairly demonize them. Jews in general given thousands of years of history, trusting Europe, that's crazy!

Interestingly Israel is having good success in improving relations with other major countries of the world in other regions. For example: INDIA. That makes sense. Israel may be in Eurovision but the land of Israel is NOT in Europe.

Israeli government is being smart and realizing that putting all the eggs in ONE basket, the USA, is too risky and of course they are well aware of the political trend in Europe to unfairly demonize them. Jews in general given thousands of years of history, trusting Europe, that's crazy!

Interestingly Israel is having good success in improving relations with other major countries of the world in other regions. For example: INDIA.

That makes sense.

Israel may be in Eurovision but the land of Israel is NOT in Europe.

yeah, India needs more hatred from muslims! the 180+ million that live there will be real excited about that! lol

More ignorance. Israel has a self-sustaining economy which keeps improving and one of the best armies in the world. America is a good ally, but nowadays Israel could easily survive without them. However, they probably won't have to. Israel has too much to offer when it comes to Intelligence and technology.

americas shifting demographics will soon change that pal

Why don't you back up the stupid comments with FACTS for a change ? Anyone can claim anything on the Internet and that seems to be your ilk's game. I have provided evidence repeatedly that the Jew/Israel haters are posting false information on here.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Everyone from the Rand Corporation to the Israeli government itself is sounding the alarm bells over the BDS movement.

I have provided plenty of evidence that the BDS movement is a failure. I guess we are just supposed to take your word otherwise. giggle.gif

Why the BDS movement is such a colossal flop.

http://www.haaretz.com/blogs/david-s-harp/.premium-1.599763

Cultural and academic boycotts: why the BDS movement is an embarrassment and a failure

http://occamstypewriter.org/stevecaplan/2014/07/19/cultural-and-academic-boycotts-why-the-bds-movement-is-an-embarrassment-and-a-failure/

The failures of the Israel boycotters

The various campaigns by British BDS groups have been noisy and sometimes messy, but in practical terms, they have been a complete failure

http://www.thecommentator.com/article/1408/the_failures_of_the_israel_boycotters

The BDS movement is failing. Part 1

http://ukmediawatch.org/2015/06/19/the-bds-movement-is-failing-part-1/

Boycotting Israel is doomed to fail

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2009/jan/24/israelandthepalestinians-internationaltrade

Do you even read the articles in these old, tired links you post repeatedly? Apparently not.

You call them evidence but it's simply not the case. The Haretz OPINION piece is behind a paywall and can't be read without a subscription. The Guardian OPINION piece is from 2009 and says nothing about how BDS movement will be a failure. Rather it posits that it will be not be successful in bringing about peace in the region. UK Media Watch? LOL. And quite frankly I don't have the time or interest in a blog named, "occam's typewriter". Really scraping the bottom of the barrel, aren't you?

Now then, the links to the Rand Corporation and the Israeli government sounding the alarm bells over the BDS movement:

The Rand Corp calculates that the BDS campaign could cost Israel $80,000,000,000. That's 80 billion dollars for those who got confused by all those zeros.

http://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/research_reports/RR700/RR740/RAND_RR740.pdf

A leaked report by the Israeli Finance Ministry states that BDS could cost Israel as much as 10.5 Billion dollars per year.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/state-report-boycott-could-cost-israel-nis-40-billion-per-year/

BDS is growing more powerful every minute of every day. clap2.gif

Interesting you add in that it has a good army as if that is a part of success. In my view the need to not have to rely on an army would be an indication of success.

If Israel is so successful why does it keep getting into wars.it is insane the govt of Israel keeps its people in a state of terror because of the obstinance of their govt and against the wishes of the world.

Do you even read the articles in these old, tired links you post repeatedly?

I read them all and there are plenty more. No pay link for me and a lot more evidence than speculative reports based on numerous possibilities. They are all about "could" and "might", not about "IS" and these boycotts have been failing since 1948.

Precisely what has BDS actually achieved? Look at my articles for the answer to that.

Officials: Global Anti-Israel Boycott Movement Has Failed

Senior Israeli government officials recently asserted that despite calls for the boycotting of Israel in Europe and the United States, investment rates, exports and the Jewish states hi-tech industry have been unaffected, Israeli daily Maariv reported on Thursday.

Furthermore, the international anti-Israel BDS (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions) movement has suffered a number of setbacks over the last few weeks, Maariv said.

Europes largest student organization announced this week that it opposes the boycotting of any Israeli products, including those produced in disputed territories situated over the Green Line.

http://www.algemeiner.com/2014/03/07/officials-global-anti-israel-boycott-movement-has-failed/#

Edited by Ulysses G.

I read them all and there are plenty more. No pay link for me and a lot more evidence than speculative reports based on numerous possibilities. They are all about "could" and "might", not about "IS" and these boycotts have been failing since 1948.

Precisely what has BDS actually achieved? Look at my articles for the answer to that.

Senior Israeli government officials recently asserted that despite calls for the boycotting of Israel in Europe and the United States, investment rates, exports and the Jewish states hi-tech industry have been unaffected, Israeli daily Maariv reported on Thursday.

Furthermore, the international anti-Israel BDS (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions) movement has suffered a number of setbacks over the last few weeks, Maariv said.

Europes largest student organization announced this week that it opposes the boycotting of any Israeli products, including those produced in disputed territories situated over the Green Line.

http://www.algemeiner.com/2014/03/07/officials-global-anti-israel-boycott-movement-has-failed/#

Then Im sure you are not worried about BDS and really are wasting your time here. Leave the thread to the adults.

Interesting you add in that it has a good army as if that is a part of success. In my view the need to not have to rely on an army would be an indication of success.

You mean in some imaginary dream world? Pretty much every country on earth has a military, including your Arab friends that have attacked Israel and LOST so many times.

Then Im sure you are not worried about BDS and really are wasting your time here. Leave the thread to the adults.

You mean let you guys post lies to your hearts content without pointing them out? Sorry, but it is too much fun exposing them. There is way too much evidence BDS has been a failure, but it always pays to be alert.

While some people still believe the propaganda opposing the BDS movement, that it is antisemitic or Judeophobic or trying to bring an end to the state of Israel, Hilary draws far short of those silly accusations.

I think common sense will prevail and the movement will gain traction, as it has been doing in the US and Europe.

As the US election draws nearer, Hilary's team will crunch the numbers and the Jewish lobby may be in for a disappointment. Lets hope so, as the BDS movement, although gaining ground, could do with some help in it's laudable attempts to make Israel face up to it's misdeeds.

I'm glad this thread came up. I was just thinking how great it would be if there was an international boycott on Israel like they used on apartheid, and now I know there is one. I shall be joining it. Unfortunately I don't know of any Israeli products on sale here to boycott. I shall have to be checking labels more closely in future.

Whatever one may think of Mrs. Clinton, she has a great deal of knowledge and experience in the foreign policy arena. She also has some of the most experienced people in the field around her.

Politics and votes aside, there is very little chance that the Palestinians are going to agree to much of a peace deal. The Palestinians will not go away and they will likely not be forced out, but if concessions are made by Israel, it may be the very end of the Jewish State and with it one of the major players in the ME.

The US would be up a creek without a paddle without Israel. In the scheme of things the Palestinians offer nothing in the area of safety and security for the region.

The US would be up a creek without a paddle without Israel

The US and the world would be in a far, far better place if they hadn't approved Israel in the new UN in 1948. Israel caused the terror groups that plague us now by their attrocities against the Palestinians.

It may have eluded you, but the only country next to Israel that isn't a US ally is Syria.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

While some people still believe the propaganda opposing the BDS movement, that it is antisemitic or Judeophobic or trying to bring an end to the state of Israel, Hilary draws far short of those silly accusations.

I think common sense will prevail and the movement will gain traction, as it has been doing in the US and Europe.

As the US election draws nearer, Hilary's team will crunch the numbers and the Jewish lobby may be in for a disappointment. Lets hope so, as the BDS movement, although gaining ground, could do with some help in it's laudable attempts to make Israel face up to it's misdeeds.

I'm glad this thread came up. I was just thinking how great it would be if there was an international boycott on Israel like they used on apartheid, and now I know there is one. I shall be joining it. Unfortunately I don't know of any Israeli products on sale here to boycott. I shall have to be checking labels more closely in future.

No Israeli products for you? cheesy.gif

Better toss out your computer now.

I guess you will be posting now by howling from the rooftops.

It's been real. coffee1.gif

I did notice a humus product that Villa used to carry that had some kind of Israel connection is no longer sold there.

I'm not sure whether the Judeophobic BDS bigots influenced that decision or whether there was a legit market reason.

I used to buy it because it was vastly superior to the other humus products sold here.

Now the crappy stuff is left ....

Sorry processed humus from AUSTRALIAbah.gif ... there ought to be a law!

Edited by Jingthing

Whatever one may think of Mrs. Clinton, she has a great deal of knowledge and experience in the foreign policy arena. She also has some of the most experienced people in the field around her.

Politics and votes aside, there is very little chance that the Palestinians are going to agree to much of a peace deal. The Palestinians will not go away and they will likely not be forced out, but if concessions are made by Israel, it may be the very end of the Jewish State and with it one of the major players in the ME.

The US would be up a creek without a paddle without Israel. In the scheme of things the Palestinians offer nothing in the area of safety and security for the region.

The US would be up a creek without a paddle without Israel

The US and the world would be in a far, far better place if they hadn't approved Israel in the new UN in 1948. Israel caused the terror groups that plague us now by their attrocities against the Palestinians.

It may have eluded you, but the only country next to Israel that isn't a US ally is Syria.

Hamas and Hezbollah will be pleased to hear that.