Do you live in Thailand but move from place to place?

Goldbear

I was curious if there were people out there who reside in Thailand but who moved from place to place, not settling permanently in one spot. Like maybe you go to the beach for a month or two, then you go to Issan for a month. Then you go to Chiang Mai for a month. Whatever.

I am not talking about being a traveler. I am curious about people who reside in Thailand but are at least semi nomadic.

Thanks!

When i first arrived here i traveled a lot inside thailand,laos and cambodia,but after a time i am just happy to settle on Samui.Often think about re locating but would need a very good reason to do so.Samui is an easy place to live if you have retired and friends are easy to make,so you sit back in a comfortable life style.....hard to beat.

When i first arrived here i traveled a lot inside thailand,laos and cambodia,but after a time i am just happy to settle on Samui.Often think about re locating but would need a very good reason to do so.Samui is an easy place to live if you have retired and friends are easy to make,so you sit back in a comfortable life style.....hard to beat.

I'm just surprised that the bib hasn't caught up with u sbc after all this time

Some old guys refuse to die 5555

I work online so the job follows me everywhere. Still I prefer to stay at one location for a longer period of time. 3 years in Bangkok, 3 years in Chonburi , then we'll see whats next .

It makes me wonder how people chose to live where they live. I am sure some of it has to do with work and some of it has to do with where the wife/girlfriend lives or is from. I am single and I won't be working. I'm thinking of several towns in Thailand that I'd like to spend significant time in. I could spend a month in each and that would be my first year right there. And maybe during that process I could pick a favorite to spend a lot of time in.

I've been to a lot of the tourist places, as a tourist/traveler. Those aren't the places where I'd like to spend most of my time (well maybe at the beach).

Thanks.

So you to are still alive,trapsing around the outback,a veritable nomad,while your better half plunders the housing market.tongue.png

So you to are still alive,trapsing around the outback,a veritable nomad,while your better half plunders the housing market.tongue.png

No, no, the truck is in its shed, it barely sees the light of day these days and my wife has enuf real estate thanks very much, a wheeler and a dealer that one.

:D

I been living in Bangkok, Phuket and spend several month in Changmai.

At some stage I was all over the place, almost as a nomad but got feed up with it after app 2 years, wanted a place where I can hang my coat so to speak.

Live in Pattaya now, kid in school thus no more moving around, suit us well, there is much more to Pattaya than night life and hookers.

I prefer living in a place where I can get western food as I pleases and are just getting sooo bored in small remote places.

Just a seasonal change of location?

When the seat of his pants starts getting shiny he moves location for a while.....................wink.png

Cutbacks on clothing allowances due to oil prices can be really heavy at times..............................tongue.png