Koh Tao: Trial opens for 2 accused of killing British tourists

webfact

Hannah smoking a cigarette with Burmese Men is crap my friend that you brought here for some social media gossip blog. That is how this whole place as turned into. Gossip taken as Facts and the Truth. I guess time for me to bow out for awhile.

several times on this thread you have confused the word "No" "Know" and now "Now" no ?, a concept that is difficult for some well spoken Thai's I know who have no idea the difference and they get constantly confused ....No ?

Just trying to help with your understanding for future posts.....regards

and no - no insult intended just so you know

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come the certain posters are still posting huge long-winded posts related to details of the crime scene, which they keep screaming is speculation or fact or proven or disproven, yet on the very simple topic of why all the translators have been scared off and no-one is willing to work the case they remain deafeningly silent?

Where is the link to this BS speculation news story of translators being scared?

Here are some tweets from Jerome Taylor (Jerome Taylor. Bangkok based SE Asia correspondent for AFP covering Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam):

https://twitter.com/hashtag/kohtao

You will probably remember translators being scared off during the earlier phase of the trial, or do you need a link as a reminder?

Where is the link to a NEW STORY making such a claim ... something credible that speaks to the reason being translators are SCARED.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

How come the certain posters are still posting huge long-winded posts related to details of the crime scene, which they keep screaming is speculation or fact or proven or disproven, yet on the very simple topic of why all the translators have been scared off and no-one is willing to work the case they remain deafeningly silent?

Where is the link to this BS speculation news story of translators being scared?

Some people said they couldn't find translators yesterday for today's hearings, the bit about the translators being intimidated by the mafia or what not is, surprise surprise, speculation.

Of course in social media speculation goes to "fact" in no time at all.

Mr GB.

Re your claim that I invented the cigarette butt incident and your claim that the mention is crap.

Refer please International Business Times dated September 20th 2014.

Quote " Traces of the woman's DNA and that of another person were found on a cigarette butt 50 yards from where her body was found. There are suggestions that Witheridge shared the cigarette with her attacker" End of quote.

It is widely assumed that those statements were the media quoting the RTP. No one else has claimed making those statements and certainly not me, I was not there. Were you?

Some people said they couldn't find translators yesterday for today's hearings, the bit about the translators being intimidated by the mafia or what not is, surprise surprise, speculation.

Sky News’ local Thai translator refused to return to court on day two of the trial saying she had been “frightened off by the mafia”.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/6542764/Is-Thai-beach-murders-trial-a-cover-up.html

The Witheridge family said police and the court should be allowed to do their jobs during the coming months.

"Speculation, rumor and theory have been incredibly hurtful to our family and Hannah's friends, making an already unthinkable time harder to bear," said the family.

yes and yours being some of the worst

Where is the link to a NEW STORY making such a claim ... something credible that speaks to the reason being translators are SCARED.

The Witheridge family said police and the court should be allowed to do their jobs during the coming months.

"Speculation, rumor and theory have been incredibly hurtful to our family and Hannah's friends, making an already unthinkable time harder to bear," said the family.

Give it a rest Jonhthailandjohn

You've made as much speculation as many that I've read on this thread. Then went as far as to discredit the defense, then the Burmese government and now using a statement from the families that you yourself have not respected

Hannah smoking a cigarette with Burmese Men is crap my friend that you brought here for some social media gossip blog. That is how this whole place as turned into. Gossip taken as Facts and the Truth. I guess time for me to bow out for awhile.

Please do, but don't worry, AleG can hold down the fort while you're "gone."

Here are some tweets from Jerome Taylor (Jerome Taylor. Bangkok based SE Asia correspondent for AFP covering Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam):

https://twitter.com/hashtag/kohtao

You will probably remember translators being scared off during the earlier phase of the trial, or do you need a link as a reminder?

Mother Theresa is dead, so leading journalists are the best we can do. In addition to Jerome Taylor, how about Jonathon Samuels

Sky News’ local Thai translator refused to return to court on day two of the trial saying she had been “frightened off by the mafia”.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/6542764/Is-Thai-beach-murders-trial-a-cover-up.html

I didn't say news story nimrod, read it properly, then back pedal up through the thread to find where I picked this up.

A Self Imposed Referee who resorts back to name calling again.

Why can't you at least be civil?

You've made as much speculation as many that I've read on this thread. Then went as far as to discredit the defense, then the Burmese government and now using a statement from the families that you yourself have not respected

a couple of the many very clear examples of projection and avoiding reality

I think you're presuming a sense of shame, which might be presumptuous. wink.png

Your right it is speculation. But it is very suspicious and you have to ask yourself why this happened. Maybe they were all sick, maybe they had another job, maybe they couldn't be bothered to get out of bed, maybe they were shit scared. It's all speculation but I think one of these reasons fits the pattern.

I didn't say news story nimrod, read it properly, then back pedal up through the thread to find where I picked this up.

Nobody said you said News Story but nice bit of deflection to cover the fact you are pretending something is fact that has absolutely no credible foundation and further using it to suggest others are wrong for not joining along in some faux outrage over your statement that something has happened that has no credible source or basis.

Your right it is speculation. But it is very suspicious and you have to ask yourself why this happened. Maybe they were all sick, maybe they had another job, maybe they couldn't be bothered to get out of bed, maybe they were shit scared. It's all speculation but I think one of these reasons fits the pattern.

LMAO, you are right that it is very suspicious that that and we need to ask ourselves why something happened that we have no credible report it has happened.

So GB and friends. Why have you not touched my last post? Because that's one thing you can't justify away?

a couple of the many very clear examples of projection and avoiding reality

An even clearer example of your "desperation"

Sky News local Thai translator refused to return to court on day two of the trial saying she had been frightened off by the mafia.

While I appreciate the link to the news story mentioning 1 Translator being scared off, I was responding to a post (you removed) that said ALL translators were scared off

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

GB, do you maybe have a few paragraphs to spare on this point? Or maybe this is the machinations of the evil Andy Hall at work, twisting the facts and tweeting the lies?

I already answered that in a short sentence which you did not take the time to read back a little before posting. I said the Trial hasn't started yet, so lets wait and see.

Odd that none of these Foreign Newspaper People don't have anyone in their own countries that are citizens of that country, that speaks Thai and could have joined them as part of there team. I met one in Germany who was German but also Thai, and I wasn't even looking for one. But these guys had 2 weeks since when the trial started, and knew they needed one. But on the last day they start looking?

To me that is simply very poor planning on there part. I can't blame anyone for not wanting to get involved in this for a few days pay.

Sure. It is perfectly logical that translators be sent from London to Koh Tao to assist their journalists there. No one could reasonably expect that Thai-English translators could be found in Thailand. Gross incompetence.

I usually just gloss over your posts gold buggy because I find them jaded and lacking reason. However this post just takes the biscuit. "no one could reasonably expect that Thai English translators could be found in Thailand" Are you stupid? Have you ever been to Thailand?

Well first off I never wrote that. BritTim did and I don't think he will like you calling him stupid. But go ahead and try as I want to see what he says to you as a reply.

How come the certain posters are still posting huge long-winded posts related to details of the crime scene, which they keep screaming is speculation or fact or proven or disproven, yet on the very simple topic of why all the translators have been scared off and no-one is willing to work the case th

Nobody said you said News Story but nice bit of deflection to cover the fact you are pretending something is fact that has absolutely no credible foundation and further using it to suggest others are wrong for not joining along in some faux outrage over your statement that something has happened that has no credible source or basis.

Wow, you came up with all that. Try re-reading again and you can also tell me at which point i explicitly stated it was a fact, if you want to get down to semantics that's fine. Your question to me: Where is the link to this BS speculation news story of translators being scared? Your question directly asks me where is THE link to THIS story - so yes, you were implying i said news story. And I will repeat: You say I claimed this was a fact - where do i say that?

So GB and friends. Why have you not touched my last post? Because that's one thing you can't justify away?

Yes, I saw that, thanks for posting it a second time. I'm so sorry for what they're going through, I really am. Everything probably causes them pain right now and that's terrible. I must now say, JTJ, nice try.

If I can ruffle the right feathers here (within rules) I will. I don't think many posting here will stop due to a guilt trip. Those guilt trips work better on Asian folks it seems.

And you're still avoiding my question, which is also fine. I just wonder why?

Sky News local Thai translator refused to return to court on day two of the trial saying she had been frightened off by the mafia.

While I appreciate the link to the news story mentioning 1 Translator being scared off, I was responding to a post (you removed) that said ALL translators were scared off

That I cannot prove. It is probably mostly those translators in the Surat Thani/Koh Samui/Koh Tao area that are frightened to get involved. However, usually translators are pretty keen to do work with Western journalists, and Jerome Taylor's claim (that I believe) that all 18 he contacted were unwilling to translate at the trial (combined with very little Thai press coverage) is, as Jerome put it, suspicious.

Odd that none of these Foreign Newspaper People don't have anyone in their own countries that are citizens of that country, that speaks Thai and could have joined them as part of there team. I met one in Germany who was German but also Thai, and I wasn't even looking for one. But these guys had 2 weeks since when the trial started, and knew they needed one. But on the last day they start looking?

To me that is simply very poor planning on there part. I can't blame anyone for not wanting to get involved in this for a few days pay.

Sure. It is perfectly logical that translators be sent from London to Koh Tao to assist their journalists there. No one could reasonably expect that Thai-English translators could be found in Thailand. Gross incompetence.

I usually just gloss over your posts gold buggy because I find them jaded and lacking reason. However this post just takes the biscuit. "no one could reasonably expect that Thai English translators could be found in Thailand" Are you stupid? Have you ever been to Thailand?

Well first off I never wrote that. BritTim did and I don't think he will like you calling him stupid. But go ahead and try as I want to see what he says to you as a reply.

I plead guilty to being stupid. I omitted the sarcasm tags in the mistaken belief that no one could take my post seriously. Sorry.

given this as an answer to DarkKnight's question, everyone can see your biased superficiality at it's finest. Think this one settles it all. Also, the Witheridge family said a lot of things, including that they were happy with the police work in this "invstigation" what proves that their words are better not listened to at all if one is keen on finding out the truth.