Koh Tao: Trial opens for 2 accused of killing British tourists

webfact

To the guys in the overly-nested comments above, he hired the right lawyer with the right connections who was able to set up the meeting.

http://static.thaivisa.com/forum/uploads/monthly_07_2015/post-157849-0-48068800-1436535976_thumb.jpg

It wasn't a "meeting" it was a press conference - big difference.

But you are dead on about the "right connections" and I doubt any lawyer was required to organize the chief's presence.

Yes -- press conference. Your doubt is noted.

But maybe you're right as this is the same guy who supposedly can make one phone call to Nok Air and all the day's flight records and passenger manifests will disappear.

He would not but the people controlling this certainly could make anything (and anyone) disappear

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what is the latest update? don't want to read 40 pages of comments

Latest update:

50 guys think the islanders did it and will not reverse their opinions.

3 guys think the Police are awesome and the Burmese did it. They will not reverse their opinions.

100 guys are lurking and don't have opinions.

At the moment none of us have solid facts, just opinions.

Somebody keeps reposting the same news article every third page of the thread.

2 guys keep using the name Heather when they mean Hannah.

There are arguements over Hoes, but not on the streets of Compton.

It's the weekend. Court adjourned.

Thailand is the only country in the world, where the chief suspect for a serious double murder charge is given a televised DNA test in front of the country's police chief!

That charade was simply incredible, even for Thailand.

And the only one that lets a possible suspect, potential prime witness and possible target of Mafia intimidation leave the country. (Mcanna)

Koh Tao murders: remaining evidence to be retested

Koh Samui Provincial Court in Thailand has ordered that the remaining forensic evidence in the Koh Tao tourist murders case be sent for re-examination at the Justice Ministry’s Central Institute of Forensic Science in line with a defence request.

The court yesterday ordered public prosecutors to work with investigators to send all remaining forensic evidence found at the crime scene, including a shovel, for forensic retesting.

A legal team sent by the Lawyers’ Council of Thailand is defending Burmese migrants, Zaw Lin, 22, and Win Zaw Htun, 21, charged with the rape and murder of British nationals, Hannah Witheridge, 23, and David Miller, 24, in September last year.

The defence team said it has received forensic and autopsy reports from UK authorities that were “not consistent” with findings obtained from Thai authorities. Meanwhile, some media reports emerged yesterday saying certain evidence was no longer available.

Chief defence lawyer Nakhon Chompuchat said cross-examination of a police pathologist had been difficult as police maintained they were an authority on the issue. Examination of other key evidence, such as DNA, will have to wait for lab scientists to testify in court later, Mr Nakhon said.

https://www.dvb.no/news/koh-tao-murders-remaining-evidence-to-be-retested/54708

Thailand is the only country in the world, where the chief suspect for a serious double murder charge is given a televised DNA test in front of the country's police chief!

That charade was simply incredible, even for Thailand.

And the only one that lets a possible suspect, potential prime witness and possible target of Mafia intimidation leave the country. (Mcanna)

With a smile, handshake and photo opportunity

To the guys in the overly-nested comments above, he hired the right lawyer with the right connections who was able to set up the meeting.

http://static.thaivisa.com/forum/uploads/monthly_07_2015/post-157849-0-48068800-1436535976_thumb.jpg

It wasn't a "meeting" it was a press conference - big difference.

But you are dead on about the "right connections" and I doubt any lawyer was required to organize the chief's presence.

But maybe you're right as this is the same guy who supposedly can make one phone call to Nok Air and all the day's flight records and passenger manifests will disappear.

He would not but the people controlling this certainly could make anything (and anyone) disappear

This guy in the grand scheme of things in Thailand is a big fish in a small pond. At least so far he doesn't even seem to be able to control a Courtroom session orchestrated by the Police and Prosecutors on a nearby island in the same Province.

this is the hoe that was inspected by forensics - it is not in the same place as the one with all the blood and there is not as much blood on it as the one in the garden bed.

attachicon.gifhoe4.jpg

I'm no expert but the blood stains look more consistent with the savage wounds to Heather than the "stab" wounds to the back of David's head. Previous posts on other threads have suggested those were more likely made by a push knife. But, again, I'm no expert. Hopefully Andy Hall has access to some.

HANNAH!

Latest update:

3 guys think the Police are awesome and the Burmese did it. They will not reverse their opinions.

Jeez, I can't believe I did that after following this for a year - Hannah. Apologies to all. Not enough coffee yet

This guy in the grand scheme of things in Thailand is a big fish in a small pond. At least so far he doesn't even seem to be able to control a Courtroom session orchestrated by the Police and Prosecutors on a nearby island in the same Province.

Ah but he is controlling it. Its all going as planned. Trouble is unlike in days of old when his minions lie they are now being called on it. That is something these people are not used to.

I bet he is thinking, "hang on I am lying here, you know I am lying I know you know I am lying so why are you not accepting my lies"

He must be surprised at how un Thai the court house has become.

How can the top mans lies not be accepted and questioned by outsiders. He will have them all shot if the chance occurs

The headman is a very , very small man in a very big pond.....

So why are the big fish helping him so much?

That is the key to this tragedy.

As the trial has so far been referred to as a Keystone Kops caper they don't seem to be helping him very much.

and it is Keystone Kops with 2 K's.

As the trial has so far been referred to as a Keystone Kops caper they don't seem to be helping him very much.

and it is Keystone Kops with 2 K's.

The acting PM and Chief of Police may disagree with you on that point.

All this talk of retesting DNA is it in fact retesting or just testing for the first time, early on there was some discussion on the speed of the original testing and as for the DNA testing of mumnuts or whatever his name is well how long did that take to prove is innocence.

The trial is a joke but will we be laughing at the end?

Retest or not doesn't really matter as the DNA they are testing has either come from a contaminated crime scene where relatives of original suspects were allowed to tamper, OR the DNA was provided by an unnamed official who keeps "guilty" Burmese worker DNA samples in a pickle jar in his ice box.

There is one question that no one seems to have asked yet.

Is there any proof the Burmese bought L&M cigarettes that night ?

Or are we just taking the word of the RTP again ?

One would imagine a computer till would be able to tell which brand was bought and when.

I think it was a video footage from 7 eleven that shows they buy the cigarettes.

All this talk of retesting DNA is it in fact retesting or just testing for the first time, early on there was some discussion on the speed of the original testing and as for the DNA testing of mumnuts or whatever his name is well how long did that take to prove is innocence.

The trial is a joke but will we be laughing at the end?

Retest or not doesn't really matter as the DNA they are testing has either come from a contaminated crime scene where relatives of original suspects were allowed to tamper, OR the DNA was provided by an unnamed official who keeps "guilty" Burmese worker DNA samples in a pickle jar in his ice box.

Nothing accurate in your post

You guys are something. 11 days until the trial resumes again. Meanwhile courtesy of Willie Nelson:

I'm gonna get me a bottle of tequila and find me one of them Keno girls that can suck the chrome off a trailer hitch and just kinda kick back.

There is one question that no one seems to have asked yet.

Is there any proof the Burmese bought L&M cigarettes that night ?

Or are we just taking the word of the RTP again ?

One would imagine a computer till would be able to tell which brand was bought and when.

I think it was a video footage from 7 eleven that shows they buy the cigarettes.

Does the purchase of a pack of ciggies make you a murder suspect?

You guys are something. 11 days until the trial resumes again. Meanwhile courtesy of Willie Nelson:

I'm gonna get me a bottle of tequila and find me one of them Keno girls that can suck the chrome off a trailer hitch and just kinda kick back.

10 days to independently test DNA but if your connected we can do it in 12!

12 HOURS!!

It wasn't meant to be a comparison to David Miller in size and age to a 64 year old man. It was meant to show that even though you may look innocent, and are small in size, it does not mean you cannot commit murder.

Hardly a fair comparison, this man was 64 and murdered by pirates on his own yacht.

David Miller was 24, allegedly murdered by hospitality workers on a resort island.

Noticed that the 3 accused were all Burmese, and like the 2 accused, and in looks and size. They admitted to the crime after an eye witness, and DNA tests on there bloody clothes.Two of the accused, aged 19 and 18, got 25 Year in Prison, as they pleading guilty and had their sentence cut into half. he third accused was also found guilty of murder. But he was only 17 years old. A Real Boy! He will be held in custody until he is 24 years old. They were also all fishermen, which hardly puts them in the Body Building Weight Class.

So if there was a comparison at all then it is with these 3 Convicted Burmese Murders, and the accused, to show that their looks, size, age, and the country they come from, has nothing to do with whether or not they can commit murder.

It's more to do with whether the B2 had the prime motivation and desire to take on and take out a far larger guy to commit rape and then brutally murder his female companion. What for? An i-phone and sunglasses? Lust is not such a motivation, as it has been pointed out by more qualified people than me. Hopefully, the defence can counter the prosecution's assertions by providing alibis plus character witnesses, plus possibly a qualified psychologist?

Pirates (the name qualifies them as vicious thugs), on the other hand, have the prime motivation to rob, and to take out anyone who gets in their way. It's a different mind set, IMO.

Anyway, granted the perps could have been of different sizes and still carried out the crimes.

Not to mention that the "pirates" were arrested with the blood of the victims on their clothes, as would be expected when someone committed a bloody murder. There was never any blood or other evidence at the rooms where the Burmese boys were sleeping. It is not conceivable that there would be no physical evidence at their sleeping room after they had committed such a crime. Anyone who thinks that a swim in the ocean could have removed all of the evidence has never tried to clean bloody clothing before.

Simply connect the dots and follow the money as they say. The key words all begin with S. Start with the province in which KT is located.

When you spend time on a little Thai island, as in a good few months rather than a couple of weeks, you can see that they are run by a select few, in a certain way.

For the families of the deceased now the language barrier must be hugely frustrating.

The families just want closure. As any grieving parent does.

I know this sort of thing must happen the world over but it's really distressing to watch unfurl before our very eyes.

And which island was that ?

As a completely new poster here do you have anything to add to this story except for your "personal opinion" ?

The Burmese could actually be guilty, not easy for the Thai bashers in here to understand.

and Prayut could actually be God, we just dont know ... clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif RTP could actually also be there to help and assist the people instead of robbing them ... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Thai bashers!!!! Right.

I've lived here for 15 years, speak Thai fluently, live amongst a family of smart liberal progressive Thais, and am fairly well integrated into society.

If I believe it wasn't the BUrmese that did it, and I have a poor view of the Police that makes me a Thai basher?

That makes all the rational Thai friends I have Thai bashers as well then.

In fact the only people I've ever met who don't regard the Police with fear or contempt are people with some kind of links to them. I am not embelleshing anything, this is my experience so far.

Fact is you don't know anything about this case. You were not there. All you do is speculate like the rest of us.

B2 could be guilty. COULD!

Latest update:

Jeez, I can't believe I did that - Hannah. Apologies to all.

Same me got it wrong too... Sorry...

Nice to see someone has the time to wade through over 11 hundred post to make a statistical breakdown.

P.S.

rykbanlor, did you know your post contained 93 words and 527 characters...

Crime scene blunder stopped murder weapon DNA test

A garden hoe allegedly used to bludgeon to death two young British tourists on a Thai beach was moved from the crime scene and was never fully forensically tested, a court heard yesterday.

The trial of two Burmese migrants accused of murdering Hannah Witheridge, 23, from Great Yarmouth, and David Miller, 24, from Jersey, on the resort island of Koh Tao last year heard how the

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/world/article4493211.ece

The credibility of the prosecution is weakening day by day in court.

I have been disappointed by the UK police that appear to have gone to Thailand for a jolly as opposed to do their job.

I have also been disappointed so far by the forensics in the UK that could have publicised more.

I think unfortunately, that could be a critical factor, the prime minister of Thailand has decided that this case needs to have been solved for Thai tourism and therefore the two Burmese have to be found guilty.

Personally, I think the prime minister would have been more respect if he had kept quiet about this case or as he is supposedly cleaning up corruption made sure this case was carried out fairly and with no opinion.

Archived