Drivers License: Aussie to Thai

Damaz6052

Your Aussie license should be accepted and save you taking the practical test. I think you still need to take the written test, reaction tests, color test, etc.

But only for the categories of your home license. So if you want a bike license then your home license must be valid for a bike.

Also need a residence certificate from Immigration or a copy of your Work Permit. Copies of passport, plus the original passport for inspection. Might need a medical certificate.

PHUKET:

get there by 8:15 out by noon.

no written

sit thru 1 hour video ( at 10 am)

brake , red/yellow green test

certificate needed or wp

copies passport/visa /departure card

u'll need the medical if its ur first thai license ( cheap one)

If you are after getting a bike licence then you will also have to learn "The Flap" before you venture out on the roads.

I am sure there are many members on this forum who would be more than willing to give you a few pointers on the exact eticate of this remarkable signal.

Well, I don't know if it's going to be as simple as the above poster's say.
I just went in for mine.
The line was long.
I think best to go around 8:45. (7:30 is for Thais)
There's one girl there at the first desk who is swamped as the rest sit around and wait for her to give numbers.

She gave me a number 68 and they were already past that around 85 so, I had to figure that out by myself and just go up to the proper line and ask.

The test was easy, (reaction)

The movie was funny. (it kept stopping and then after 45 minutes, the girl just came in and stopped it)

Took me 3 1/2 hours to renew a 5 year.
(After I had the correct paperwork that I stood in line to find out I needed 2 copies of everything. )

I thought the people would be more friendly and cooperative than immigration: They weren't.

Good luck.

Archived