Gov Plans To Give Phuket To Singapore

george

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not create an artificial island and let Singaporean investors manage it?

Arabs have done it, why not Thais?

Of course it's not exactly giving away Phuket, but close.

Any other two year old thread to resurrect for no apparent reason?

In the nmodst of this bizarre topic one thing is missed. When the Singaporean government bought Shin it wasnt a great deal. Analysysts saw it more as the cemeting of a long term partnership between the monied up people who run Singapore inc and the Thaksinistas and a central tenet of the future relationship was linked to land deals and land development.

what would we do without sondhi?

Sondhi and Colonal Saunders forgot to take their medicine today. They are over due for physchological evaluation....

While they at times come over as figures of ridicule it should never bve forgotten that they have well hidden and not so well hidden allies who are not at all comical and have immense power. That Samak is no longer with us but the PAD leaders still remain entrenched at GH is testement to this.

That is what Sondhi wants everyone to believe and has nothing to do with the crowd at GH.... :D

There is no proof that those "immense powers" back him...but if they do, they will not come forward and certainly will NOT approve the silly proposals of a 70:30 rule in Thailand Mr. Sondhi wants to force into the throats of the Thai... :o

I say it once more: this man is dangerous for the future of Thailand ! :D

LaoPo

Sondhi and Colonal Saunders forgot to take their medicine today. They are over due for physchological evaluation....

While they at times come over as figures of ridicule it should never bve forgotten that they have well hidden and not so well hidden allies who are not at all comical and have immense power. That Samak is no longer with us but the PAD leaders still remain entrenched at GH is testement to this.

the PAD cult is all over the world and also in the USA. on a small rally outside the singaporean consulate in san francisco protestors and their "my american husband" telling singapore, the axis of evil, go to hel_l and demand attack all singapore companies and death for singapore.

protest0ou2.jpg

i could not resist to post this photo, because of the most likely not thai 'white man' involved, proPAD cultists buffoons. TVforum member?

meanwhile in bangkok

r1833669831cm7.jpg

caption: Thai protesters burn the effigy of Singapore's Minister for Home Affairs Wong Kan Seng outside the Singapore embassy in Bangkok /REUTERS

"BANGKOK (Reuters) - Protesters burned posters of Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong outside the city state's Bangkok embassy ...

If Singaporeans faced the same situation as we do now, we believe Singaporeans would also rise up to do what we are doing," said Somsak Kosaisuk, a key member of the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD),...

They also torched models of Singapore Airlines planes, its "merlion" national mascot and pictures of Lee's wife, Ho Ching

source

with BS, lies and hate propaganda you mobilise the masses on the street.

not the first time that the PAD Cult march against embassies of other nations. singapore have seen that a couple of times, the UK embassy too.

a ultra nationalistic stubborn mob full of lunatic propaganda. no surprise that singapore gave a travel warning after the "peaceful" mob of "civil disobedience" starts lynching people on the streets. their words become action.

if you let the street mob win, it will scare also other foreign investment away.

and how long it will take until we can hear: "falang from hel_l get out"?

Sondhi & the PAD Cult is dangerous for the future of Thailand!

Edited by permanent_disorder

And Thaksin and the Shinapore Cult Of Self is...safer? Really?

yes, safer. why should it be unsafe? or do you believe that BS that thaksin and khmer wizards threaten thailand with black magic?

it's called market liberalisation and globalisation. it's the 21. century.

for sure i will not deny that it was/is done without any corruption. but mob rule, violence, ultranationalistic and xenophobic hate propaganda and action can not be the answer.

what will the next step of this antidemocratic mob? besiege embassies, taking hostages?

conduct business with foreigners, thats why thaksin betrayed thailand and no other reason. (if you follow PAD cult "logic") that old elite, "old money" is afraid of international business.

even if they don't size power they set up a very right wing view. no other party will dare a more open minded international opinion.

same as they threaten each other with lèse-majesté lawsuits, they will threaten each other with allegation of betrayal of the nation and the sell out to other countries. to avoid such pressure, and you cn see how threatening he PAD cult is, parties in thailand will rather run a competition who is more nationalistic and better nationalistic . if not - fascist PAD cult mob rule on the street.

you will rather see expropriation and nationalisation of anything foreign owned than a bright future for thailand.

So do you figure if you yell this in red long enough

someone will start to believe you???

More like a permanent disregard for reality...

I just don't buy this line your shoving, and shoving,

it makes so little sense.

Particularly in relation to the alternate you propose.

And Thaksin and the Shinapore Cult Of Self is...safer? Really?

yes, safer. why should it be unsafe? or do you believe that BS that thaksin and khmer wizards threaten thailand with black magic?

it's called market liberalisation and globalisation. it's the 21. century.

for sure i will not deny that it was/is done without any corruption. but mob rule, violence, ultranationalistic and xenophobic hate propaganda and action can not be the answer.

what will the next step of this antidemocratic mob? besiege embassies, taking hostages?

conduct business with foreigners, thats why thaksin betrayed thailand and no other reason. (if you follow PAD cult "logic") that old elite, "old money" is afraid of international business.

even if they don't size power they set up a very right wing view. no other party will dare a more open minded international opinion.

same as they threaten each other with lèse-majesté lawsuits, they will threaten each other with allegation of betrayal of the nation and the sell out to other countries. to avoid such pressure, and you cn see how threatening he PAD cult is, parties in thailand will rather run a competition who is more nationalistic and better nationalistic . if not - fascist PAD cult mob rule on the street.

you will rather see expropriation and nationalisation of anything foreign owned than a bright future for thailand.

I have to agree. One thing that Thailand is really lacking from the current events is foreign investment. Something that was happening in the a lot in years before the coup and should be continuing if it wasn't for the negative impact PAD is causing..... Its a shame the PAD supporters dont support somthing which is happening in all countries in Asia.

He never had the plot, but this Thai-Chinese could make Baht. From Wiki:

"...Sondhi furiously attacked the Democrat-led government over its management of the economic recovery. After the election of Thaksin Shinawatra as Prime Minister in 2001, several of Sondhi's associates became leaders in the new government. His banker, Viroj Nualkhair, became president of state-owned Krung Thai Bank and gave over a billion baht in debt forgiveness to Sondhi, allowing him to emerge from bankrupcy. Sondhi became a vocal supporter of Thaksin, calling him "the best prime minister our country has ever had."[1] ..."

Then when Toxin came in, his banker crony gave his Baht back after he lost it all.

Wouldn't THAT be nice.

"...Sondhi furiously attacked the Democrat-led government over its management of the economic recovery. After the election of Thaksin Shinawatra as Prime Minister in 2001, several of Sondhi's associates became leaders in the new government. His banker, Viroj Nualkhair, became president of state-owned Krung Thai Bank and gave over a billion baht in debt forgiveness to Sondhi, allowing him to emerge from bankrupcy. Sondhi became a vocal supporter of Thaksin, calling him "the best prime minister our country has ever had."[1] ..."

Then when Toxin came in, his banker crony gave his Baht back after he lost it all.

Wouldn't THAT be nice.

Wiki is notoriously inaccurate, not a valid reference.

Sondhi was just one of thousands of businessmen in 1997

trapped by the ineptitude of the Thai government at that time,

into doubled or tripled debt loads with in a matter of weeks.

One month you have a standard manageble debt load,

and next month the bottom is gone and the baht is nearly worthless.

This mostly because the central bankers can't lose face,

or let their superiors lose face, so they act ineptly till it's

too bleedin' late to save the shooting match.

All of Asia hiut the fan at that time....

Most who had track records of successful business operations got

bail outs as a way of continuing to support workers and the economy.

Sondhi was just one of the crowd at the time.

His story is FAR from unique and this argument is pointless.

Before all this Sondhi had let Thaksin invest in HIS company,

and then sell out at a tripling of value, nice thing.

But later as Sondhi came into his post '97 recovery his BUSINESSES came into

DIRECT COMPETITION with Thaksin's business interests,

Thaksin took his old friend and trashed his telephone and satalite businesses

as a preemptive strike to open the market for Thaksin's own business.

Sweet move, nice thing to do to someone who made you millions just a year or two back

Would you want your WHOLE country, and the business environment,

run by someone that would stab you in the back in such a big way??

I sure has hel_l wouldn't. This explains Sondhi pretty well.

Sondhi saw Thaksin up close and personal as the dragon-devil he is,

and decided that this shall not be allowed to go on un-opposed.

So he took his media savvy and went to work, and hasn't stopped.

Edited by animatic

the PAD

"BANGKOK (Reuters) - Protesters

link

The thing you forgot in your rambling post is the date.... March 17, 2006

Seems like reviving 2 year old dead threads and then posting even older news are your specialty...

:o

Edited by sriracha john

I say it once more: this man is dangerous for the future of Thailand !

Ok point taken. But I'd like to ask you who you think is more dangerous - Thaksin, Samak or Sondhi? Who is the lesser of available evils in your view? (Just curious).

I have said it before: In my opinion Thaksin and Samak and eventual PPP is/are/will be finished. In the end they will be history and that leaves Sondhi because he proposes a ridiculous and absurd government system, shifting power to the infamous 70:30 rule and he calls it New Politics... :o

That's why he is the most dangerous for the future.

LaoPo

Sorry, but for most of us Sondhi is a mad man on the loose.

Maybe for most of us Mr Pierrot is a mad man on the loose

Ok point taken. But I'd like to ask you who you think is more dangerous - Thaksin, Samak or Sondhi? Who is the lesser of available evils in your view? (Just curious).

I have said it before: In my opinion Thaksin and Samak and eventual PPP is/are/will be finished. In the end they will be history and that leaves Sondhi because he proposes a ridiculous and absurd government system, shifting power to the infamous 70:30 rule and he calls it New Politics... :o

LaoPo

That's why you THINK he is the most dangerous.

Maybe you're biased. As you say Sondhi says that it's just a proposal.

Sondhi is not going for president or dictator like Taksin/Samak

Wouldn't THAT be nice.

Wiki is notoriously inaccurate, not a valid reference.

Sondhi was just one of thousands of businessmen in 1997

trapped by the ineptitude of the Thai government at that time,

into doubled or tripled debt loads with in a matter of weeks.

You are excusing and defending a man who didn't pay his debts (on a very large scale, and I am talking many Billions of Baht here) to BANKS and others and that had nothing to do with the government.

You are defending a scumbag, a white collar criminal, who declared himself bankrupt-in-private for a sum of Baht 1,5 Billion for 3 years in order to avoid the legality and obligation to pay that money back...

One is a bloody coward then if you don't stand for your own business decisions, loans and obligations. And, don't you come up with a simple excuse about Wikepedia being unreliable. :o

If you are so well informed, I invite you to come with proof that the above details, and article below, is NOT the truth and facts. Beware however, I have a very large documentation about Mr. nice guy Sondhi and his past and present....

"SONDHI LIMTHONGKUL: Debt-ridden payment avoider

-----------------------------------------------

Since the outbreak of the economic crisis, many Thai

businessmen haven't hesitated to reveal their innermost

feelings about debt repayment. Among those financially

incapable of repaying loans, publisher Sondhi Limthongkul's

protests of insolvency have perhaps been the loudest.

His own theories about debt, however, differ from those of

most other businessmen in the Kingdom. For example, steel

tycoon Sawasdi Horrungruang immediately set to work finding

ways to repay his steel group's loans, worth billions of

baht. His motto, which was highly admired at the time, is:

"I have no money, I can't repay loans - but I won't run

away."

Sondhi, however, has shown no enthusiasm for debt

repayment. From the day the debt-restructuring process

began for his flagship companies until now, with the

process completed, he has blamed creditors for showing

no sympathy and the government for abruptly changing the

foreign exchange policy, which automatically doubled the

foreign loan burden of his and many other companies.

Speaking at a public event last week - not about the

economy but rather about a martial arts novel - Sondhi

appeared to show no change in his thinking. Debt

moratorium seems to be his mantra whenever the subject of

indebtedness - both of the government and of his own empire

- comes up.

Thailand is only doing foreigners a favour by guaranteeing

repayment of all loans, he said. We're fooling ourselves by

behaving as if we're still rich. "Nobody forced those

foreign banks to extend loans to my company," he

continued. "They were willing and they received interest

payments. When the economy was in crisis, they said the

business outlook was poor [but] they still wanted to be

repaid."

(The Nation 11-September-2000) & Troubled Company Reporter -- Asia Pacific

Another cookie with your tea ? :D

LaoPo

LaoPo

That's why you THINK he is the most dangerous.

Maybe you're biased. As you say Sondhi says that it's just a proposal.

Sondhi is not going for president or dictator like Taksin/Samak

No Koos, not a proposal anymore; it was confirmed that PAD will continue with the 70:30 rule, look for yourself:

"Gen. Chamlong, another core leader of the PAD, said his group's stance on a new political system which calls for 70 per cent of the House members to be appointed and only 30 per cent elected remains intact."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Samak-Bows-t...32#entry2214532

You're right about Sondhi not going for President or dictator like Thaksin/Samak; he will be worse for Thailand.

I know, some don't believe me at this stage but time will tell that I was right..unfortunately. But, hey, don't blame me, I didn't found the PAD...Sondhi did.

LaoPo

The group stance remains intact, so it's still a proposal, as it has always been.

They want the society to consider it seriously.

Apart from that - this thread should be closed, it was revived for absolutely no purpose but to generate arguments on unrelated topics.

the PAD

link

The thing you forgot in your rambling post is ...

it is the things you don't want to see, right. the level of misbehave and total lunatic ideas the PAD cult stands for.

and who forget here something? wasn't it you, posting some controversial photo without mention the source and later misleadingly attributed it to Reuters?

but beside that, what you think,, could be one of the ""my american husband" who take part in that very odd rally that demands "attack all singapore companies" and "death for singapore" one of the small but loud minority proPAD cultists amongst TVforum member?

if you think that all is so old and dosn't have any value or relevance anymore - how many years ago was the tax fraud case thaksins wife is guilty of?

Sorry, but for most of us Sondhi is a mad man on the loose.

Maybe for most of us Mr Pierrot is a mad man on the loose

facepalm

most of who?

(sarcasm) where is a man like General Pallop Pinmanee when you need a man like General Pallop Pinmanee? (/sarcasm)

Not content with 2 year old "news", now we're going back to 8 year old news? :D

What's your point SRJ ?; I've seen you mention in countless, hundreds of posts even older news than 2 or 8 years about some previous PM's and governments, murdercases, criminals and much more.

I just want to show the audience who and what Mr. Sondhi stands for, what he did, and what financial crook he was and is.

I just want to warn and expose Mr. PAD=Sondhi and Mr. Sondhi=PAD who wants to introduce his NEW POLITICS to Thailand with his 70:30 rule, confirmed again just yesterday.

A Totalitarian Regime ! :o

And SRJ, this is the THIRD time you bother me with your question why I post 2 year old ''news'', so please, if you don't mind, back off and don't attack my posts again, will you, PLEASE !?

If my old news is NOT true or NOT correct I kindly invite you to come with proof that I am wrong.

If not, I will continue to supply more news, fresh or not, about Mr. Sondhi because he is playing a very important role in past and nowadays Thailand.

But, if I am wrong I will ALWAYS be prepared to stand corrected and offer my sincerest apologizes and that is something I'm quite proud of actually, because some people have great difficulties to offer their apologizes after they've been wrong or made a mistake... :D

It has to do with class, style, respect and dignity towards fellow world citizens, whether a member here on TV or outside in the streets, admitting to have been wrong and it's not easy to do so and one need 'balls' to say: I was wrong; Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa.

I can.

LaoPo

the PAD

link

Seems like reviving 2 year old dead threads and then posting even older news are your specialty...

if you think that all is so old and dosn't have any value or relevance anymore - how many years ago was the tax fraud case thaksins wife is guilty of?

July 31, 2008... not even 2 months ago.

:D

Not content with 2 year old "news", now we're going back to 8 year old news? :o

What's your point SRJ ?;

That none of this is discussing the thread title.

That three major threads were just closed the other day evidently with the intent not to have the same discussion in multiple threads.

That there is no apparent justification for bumping this thread from 2 years ago to the present without any update directly related to the subject of the topic.

Not content with 2 year old "news", now we're going back to 8 year old news? :D

What's your point SRJ ?;

That none of this is discussing the thread title.

That three major threads were just closed the other day evidently with the intent not to have the same discussion in multiple threads.

That there is no apparent justification for bumping this thread from 2 years ago to the present without any update directly related to the subject of the topic.

Always changing the subject, aren't you ?

1. you are right, it is NOT discussing the thread title; I jumped in , like you did.

2. I noticed the closure of 3 threads also and the closure of those threads (started by Mods/Admin) was fine with me.

3. I didn't bump this thread from 2 years ago and PLEASE don't show as a self appointed Judge all the time, telling people what justification is or not and that they have to follow your self invented guidelines... :o NO, thank you.

4. Don't lecture me anymore about topics, threads or what to write or not. I'm not your bellboy, ok ?

LaoPo

the PAD

link

July 31, 2008... not even 2 months ago.

:D

Potjaman, her brother Bannapot Damapong and her secretary were charged with colluding to evade tax in the transfer in 1997 of shares in Shin Corp, the telecoms firm Thaksin founded.

yup, cheat on taxes in the year 1997. what a crime, ohh humanity. Thai Rak Thai was founded one year later 1998.

btw. anyone knows the sum of how much taxes the thaksins have paid?

john, now go back on topic and have a look at the BS conspiracy theories the PAD Cult use in propaganda.

or start your disturbing thread flooding tactic and post complete irrelevant photos of beauty models to prove the point that you have no point and nothing relevant to add.