Questions concerning visa exentions, tourist visas and visa/border runs

Hello,

Please be patient with me, as I have a lot to ask :) But please and thank you ahead of time for all your helpful responses.

Ok, as I understand it, you there is no limit to extending tourist visas, correct?

I ask because I extended my previous single entry visa (my first) and now I will shortly extend my first entry of my double entry of my current TR visa from Vientiane. I will then extend my 2nd entry before going on another visa run. No problems, right?

Second, I had 3 visa exempt stamps from 2014, and then got a single entry tourist visa in Vietnam, and extended it. Then, I went to Vientiane, Laos and got the tourist visa double entry. If I got there again, will I be denied by 2nd visa? And if not, if I try a third time will I be denied? And if denied, would Savanakhet deny me as well? And if both countries deny you, is it still possible to go to another country like Malaysia, Myanmar, Cambodia and have no issues?

I just don't want a red stamp asking for funds and residency. I can prove it, but don't want any reason to have problems with immigration in the future.

Okay, and finally border/visa runs.

I visited Laos just for tourist purposes in late 2014, and then returned a few months ago for my visa. That makes 2 Laos visas in my passport with entry and departure at Nong Khai. Now, I want to visit again just for tourist reasons to start my 2nd entry on my current visa and then return again to do a visa run. That will be 4 Laos visas, and all from Nong Khai. Will I have any problems with Laos or Thai immigration?

Thanks for reading and any help you can give me!

No problem with entry and extension plans But check you visas enter before date. Be sure you do the 2nd entry on or before that date.

No problem to get another tourist visa in Laos. You can get up to 3 of them back to back without a problem. Your old visas and exempt entries don't count.

No problem to get another visa for Laos.

• Like 1

Thanks!

I thought having several Laos visas from the same border crossing would be a problem with Laos and/or Thai immigration.

3 back to back visas from Laos? Sounds good to me!

After the third one, could I go to another country or even Savanakhet or would I have to return to my home country?

Thanks

The Lao side has no restriction on the number of entries you can do since you are paying for a visa.

The Thai side is the same in a way. There is no restriction on visa entries but there are some on visa exempt entries.

Just go somewhere else for your Tourist visa to break the chain of back to back visas after your reach 3.

Ubonjoe is the King of the Visa queries. All he says is Gospel. Fact. Maybe he should take over the Immigration Dept??

Jes' kiddin'..........!!

Maybe UbonJoe could teach the Immigration Officers the Thai Immigration rules to stop them making up their own.

Not kidding........!!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Dear Ubonjoe...quick question.. Iam her on single entry tourist visa from Australia..just need another 30 days before heading back to Oz...however my partner has double entry visa and will do border run to Mai Sai..can I go with him to Mai Sai and get an extra 30 days that way or obliged to go to Immigration at Promenada and apply for extension through them? Cheaper doing Mai Sai.

Dear Ubonjoe...quick question.. Iam her on single entry tourist visa from Australia..just need another 30 days before heading back to Oz...however my partner has double entry visa and will do border run to Mai Sai..can I go with him to Mai Sai and get an extra 30 days that way or obliged to go to Immigration at Promenada and apply for extension through them? Cheaper doing Mai Sai.

A quick search and you would have found this thread, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/867369-single-entry-at-mae-sai/, which discusses visa exempt entries at Mae Sai.