In pics: Thailand's collapsing roads

In pics: Thailand's collapsing roads

BANGKOK:-- The Dept of Highways has blamed this year's drought crisis on the recent emergence of collapsed roadways throughout Thailand.

Worst hit is Prathum Thani province where more than 80 canal side roads are said to be affected.

Roads in Ayutthaya province and even a section of Bangkok's Phetkasem Road have also collapsed recently.

Feel free to share your pics of Thailand's collapsing roads below.

RELATED: Roads in Thailand collapse in wake of deadly drought

RELATED: Dept of Highways to make sure roads don't collapse

Regional Road 12, Prathum Thai

78dVlLe.jpg

4Bdf5xB.jpg

8TtmS6t.jpg

Source: Khaosod

Blaming this on drought is the biggest load of rubbish i have ever heard.

The real reason of course is that the roads are poorly constructed using the cheapest materials possible and inadequately maintained.

Edited by pinkpanther99

The real reason of course is that the roads are poorly constructed using the cheapest materials possible and inadequately maintained.

Straight out of the popular Thai publication " 1,001 excuses For every Occasion ".

Ah yes and I suspect not all the materials are used as much seems to "disappear." Must be ghosts.

Another crackdown, and more to the point, who built the road.

Thai roads, not all they're cracked up to be.facepalm.gif

I'll get your coat. biggrin.png

On a serious note, the companies (and their subcontractors) road building design and build techniques should be thoroughly investigated. In a country where flooding and drought are commonplace, appropriate conditions and measures should be taken into account when building anything near a major water source.

Budgets should also be carefully examined.

But by whom?

In the case of ensuring quality standards, it's a case of the blind leading the blind. Regarding budget accountability and proper internal and external, independent audit, corruption is so institutionalized, right now, those responsible - and it will be many - will be bending over backwards to cover their tracks and protect each other.

Another crackdown, and more to the point, who built the road.

Thai roads, not all they're cracked up to be.facepalm.gif

I'll get your coat. biggrin.png

On a serious note, the companies (and their subcontractors) road building design and build techniques should be thoroughly investigated. In a country where flooding and drought are commonplace, appropriate conditions and measures should be taken into account when building anything near a major water source.

Budgets should also be carefully examined.

But by whom?

In the case of ensuring quality standards, it's a case of the blind leading the blind. Regarding budget accountability and proper internal and external, independent audit, corruption is so institutionalized, right now, those responsible - and it will be many - will be bending over backwards to cover their tracks and protect each other.

But, they do smile ever so nicely when spewing their BS do they not?

I'm surprised Thai's do not dominate the International Poker Leagues. They are the world's best when it comes to bluffing (telling a bald-faced lie with a straight face).

I've been involved with the RTA procurement cycle, and have actually seen, with my own two eyes, the proverbial brown envelope exchange hands.

Quite sickening when you think about it.

There is a stretch of the main highway between Pattaya and Bangkok that they have been repairing for well over a year. They seem to be beavering away, yet roughly the same stretch is cordoned off and you get stuck in a bottleneck around the same place going from Bangkok to Pattaya. Whats more, that highway is relatively new, yet it is already somehow seemingly hopelessly damaged.

ew9Tb90.jpg

Source: Post Today

I don't see any problem with this picture. Can somebody please point it out to me?

*GASP* It just makes no sense unless somebody is pointing!

Let me help to find out the problem in that picture....

On the left, look on the left: they have water in their river, that is not acceptable!!!! wink.png

Good job they pointed to the cracks, or you wouldn't notice them thumbsup.gif

Roads are like relationships. When the cracks appear, people point and say, "that relationship is broken"

Please buy my book: Inappropriate Analogies--Apples and Oranges, Are They Really so

Different?

T

Yeah, the roads suck here. So do the drivers.

Why is there nothing reported on the Koh Tao trial taking place now?

UK sky news reporting their Thai interpreter helping report the case was threatened by thai mafia and has resigned... They got to Thai visa as well?