In pics: Thailand's collapsing roads

Blaming this on drought is the biggest load of rubbish i have ever heard.

The real reason of course is that the roads are poorly constructed using the cheapest materials possible and inadequately maintained.

You can see it here in Chiang Mai city. Out the back of my condo you can see areas where the thin coat of cement on the surface has worn off exposing large stones and steel reinforcing. When you hit the large stones its like riding on a washboard. They also patched one large hole that has now sunk.

Blaming this on drought is the biggest load of rubbish i have ever heard.

The real reason of course is that the roads are poorly constructed using the cheapest materials possible and inadequately maintained.

So the drought is not a factor and it's purely coincidental that roads in so many different locations all gave way at the same time? Really, you think!

Many of these roads were flooded in the Big Flood which did the foundations no good whatever.

Then they were hastily built up when the water went down to act as flood barriers when the next big one arrives.

Evidently a combination of the two plus some 'syphoning' of funds and materials has resulted in a little subsidence, bung a bit of sand in it and plaster over, she'll be right.