Thais in Turkey warned of violence following attack against consular office

webfact

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was this protest and attack done by a load of Wiggers (or Weegars) or was it done by Turkish people ?

Also, is attacking a consulate building the same as attacking an embassy building ? Attacking an embassy building is surely, outrageous ?

And you notice how loads of people support NOT allowing thousands (or tens of thousands) of Muslims into Thailand and Britain. All of a sudden, we're talking about sending a hundred back to China, and oh look, it's now a big deal. Are Muslims in China worth more than Muslims from Burma ??

Its an honorary consulate buildling, technically its not considered thai territory.

<snip>

All of a sudden, we're talking about sending a hundred back to China, and oh look, it's now a big deal. Are Muslims in China worth more than Muslims from Burma ??

The Turks certainly believe so as they identify with the Uighur's due to them being Turkic people, also their language is related to Turkish.

I didn't actually mean about Turkish people believing so. I meant more about ThaiVisa people and their views.

It is truly shameful and ignorant to frighten consular staff and damage their property, or to threaten normal civilian Thais in the region. These Thais did not make the repatriation decision, and they did not take part in the repatriation. They are not involved in this process at all, and they should only be targeted with great praise for their contributions to Turkey, and all other nations where Thais live and work. This is the message I should be hearing from the Turkish authorities. We can disagree about the repatriation decision all day long, but to start blaming innocent people who are non-political and law-abiding, is shameful in the extreme. I hope that cooler heads will prevail, and this situation will pass without any more harm being done to property or people.

It is truly shameful and ignorant to frighten consular staff and damage their property, or to threaten normal civilian Thais in the region. These Thais did not make the repatriation decision, and they did not take part in the repatriation. They are not involved in this process at all, and they should only be targeted with great praise for their contributions to Turkey, and all other nations where Thais live and work. This is the message I should be hearing from the Turkish authorities. We can disagree about the repatriation decision all day long, but to start blaming innocent people who are non-political and law-abiding, is shameful in the extreme. I hope that cooler heads will prevail, and this situation will pass without any more harm being done to property or people.

So basically, you don't think it will be a good idea if a load of us get together with Thai girlfriends and other Thai people, and trash the Turkish embassy or Turkish consulate building ?

Didn't they announce a few days ago (in another newspaper) that they were being sent to Turkey?

Edit - it was yesterday, announced tuesday.

Every time the PM opens his mouth his face gets further lost. Just recently he was bragging about how Thailand is respected by all countries and people around the world. Maybe those Thais in Turkey failed to spread his coup propaganda as he ordered.

Thais should be praised for their contributions to Turkey and other countries?

You mean for serving tom ka gai in Thai restaurants?

Nearly 300 Uighurs were found sitting in silence on a mountain in Thailand. Channel 4 news report from last year on the journey the Uighurs take through Thailand on their escape from China:

Edited by katana

I am Turkish and I'm ashamed of those animals. Those people belong to a hardcore Islamist-Nationalist group. They are very small in number, their political wing didn't even get %1 vote at the latest elections. But this group is known to be very violent and aggressive. So their number is very very small, but because they are a bunch of ignorant islamo-fascists, they sometimes make high profile violent protests like this one. So they are similiar to the hooligans found in every nation. For more info about this group, look at this wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Union_Party

But unfortunately our islamo-fascist government under Erdogan gives those animals courage. When leftists try to organize a protests, it is immediately crushed by the police. But when islamists organize a protest, it is allowed, like this one. The police should have been protecting the consulate, there is no excuse for that.

I know the latests trend is blaming Turkey as a whole, but please do remember that a large number of us hate Erdogan and his islamic government. Latests elections were the first defeat for Erdogan in a long time, and I hope my beautiful country gets rid of those islamists completely in the future.

Edited by gezginrocker

It's the atmosphere of the times. Fifty years ago nations felt threatened by Communism and there were many reactions, many of which were violent. Now nations feel threatened by Islamic political ideology and many of the reactions are not pondered over. Those who suffer from the general mood are mostly those not guilty.

Now you see if only Thailand had a sub, they could use the modern day version of the old British Gun Boat Diplomacy.

Submarine Diplomacy, don't know why but it brings all sorts of strange images to mind, which seem rather fitting to Thailand.

Yes, I know, I should seek professional help :-)

British and french Gun Boat Diplomacy have made damage in Thailand in the past.These two countries use this type of threat to deprive Siam of large part of his territory

Preah vihar is a good example of French colonial expansionism politics who affect relation with Cambodia in modern age

Than:

British Gunboat Diplomacy did wonders for Singapore and Hong Kong, just depends if the indigenous population have enough between their ears to be able to capitalize on it.

Edited by davehowden

I am Turkish and I'm ashamed of those animals. Those people belong to a hardcore Islamist-Nationalist group. They are very small in number, their political wing didn't even get %1 vote at the latest elections. But this group is known to be very violent and aggressive. So their number is very very small, but because they are a bunch of ignorant islamo-fascists, they sometimes make high profile violent protests like this one. So they are similiar to the hooligans found in every nation. For more info about this group, look at this wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Union_Party

But unfortunately our islamo-fascist government under Erdogan gives those animals courage. When leftists try to organize a protests, it is immediately crushed by the police. But when islamists organize a protest, it is allowed, like this one. The police should have been protecting the consulate, there is no excuse for that.

I know the latests trend is blaming Turkey as a whole, but please do remember that a large number of us hate Erdogan and his islamic government. Latests elections were the first defeat for Erdogan in a long time, and I hope my beautiful country gets rid of those islamists completely in the future.

You say the troublemakers are a very, very small bunch of ignorant islamo-fascists. But then you say our Islamo-fascist Government under Erdogan gives these 'animals' courage. It seems to me your country is controlled by an Islamo-fascist government and has supporters of a like mind. Either you're posting contradictory remarks or I've misunderstood the political balance in Turkey! Please explain.

The Thai government is now bending over for China just as they did for the US when they were bombing Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia. They sent nationals of those respective countries back to their country of origin to uncertain futures and possible death, splitting inter racial families in the process. Now the Uighur are made to suffer for Thailand's 'interests'. Disgusting country with neither principle nor soul.

"Disgusting country with neither principle nor soul."

There'a lot of that going around.

... people we are allowing to die in the Mediterranean. The EU’s de facto policy is to let migrants drown to stop others coming. Last year nearly four thousand bodies were recovered from the Med. Those are just the ones we found. The total number of arrivals in Italy in 2014 went up over 300% from the year before, to more than 170,000. And the EU’s response, driven by the cruellest British government in living memory, was to cut the main rescue operation, Mare Nostrum.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/apr/17/refugees-eu-policy-migrants-how-many-deaths

The British government has refused to give more support, arguing search and rescue missions create “an unintended ‘pull factor’” for migrants.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/31/italy-sea-mission-thousands-risk

'Daggurerotype' makes reference to the OP by way of using the current situation regarding the return of Uighers back to China and the possible ensuing problems. In the context of the OP what is the purpose of your post? Enjoying an opportunity for a bit of 'Euro-bashing' are we? So, so sad!

Now you see if only Thailand had a sub, they could use the modern day version of the old British Gun Boat Diplomacy.

Submarine Diplomacy, don't know why but it brings all sorts of strange images to mind, which seem rather fitting to Thailand.

Yes, I know, I should seek professional help :-)

British and french Gun Boat Diplomacy have made damage in Thailand in the past.These two countries use this type of threat to deprive Siam of large part of his territory

Preah vihar is a good example of French colonial expansionism politics who affect relation with Cambodia in modern age

The violence in the Souith was caused by Thailand "annexing" the land. Since then, they keep trying to convert the Muslims to Buddhism. It is EXACTLY the same problem in Burma -- annexed lands, non-Buddhists being treated a stateless people on land their families have lived ion for many generations.... The junta must be paying you for posting..

How exactly does Thailand try to convert Muslims to Buddhism? do you have any facts?

this normal leftist way of thinking - if you are not agree with me somebody is paying you for this.

just another dirty lie:

Anglo-Siam peace treaty, 1909

Article1

"The Siamese government transfers to the British government all rights of suzerainty, protection, administration and control whatsoever which they possess over the states of Kelantan,Tringganu, Kedah, Perlis, and adjacent islands. The frontiers of these territories are defined by the boundary protocol annexed hereto.”

The Siamese agreed to cede Laos to France, after Franco-Siamese war in 1983, significantly expanding French Indochina.

Burmese Muslims migrated to Burma from Bengal primarily during the period of British rule in Burma, and to a lesser extent, after the Burmese independence in 1948 and Bangladesh Liberation War in 1971.

but leftists like you would say anything in order to support any insurgent against any state. because left ideology always support person vs state, notwithstanding what this person does.

if you are so kind, why don't you invite Uygurs, Rohyngya and other migrants to your wonderful Western welfare states? Everybody will be so happy!

At least there are some people here that know their history and comment accordingly. Unfortunately the majority are nothing more than a pack of whining morons that know little or nothing of the history of the region or of the implications of having diverse religious ideologies that in some cases create social conflict. Read the above post, then try, just try to put the same situation as if in your home country.

The rohinga are the product of British colonialism and have never been recognised as Burmese. The uigurs have a homeland, but they refuse to accept the social norms expected within the country of their home, this causes social disunity and the government does what it does. You may see it as repressive, I see it as no more repressive than the ideology of Islam. So who is right? A national government or a religious ideology? I give it to the government.

Some countries don't have the religious freedoms that countries in the west have, that is the prerogative of those countries.

Is religious persecution a good enough reason to seek asylum? Maybe. Is religious persecution a good enough reason to grant asylum? It would seem not in the case of Thailand, again the prerogative of the country and in no way can anyone here be justified in criticising the governments action unless you are a Thai citizen. No I'm not on the junta's payroll.

It's the atmosphere of the times. Fifty years ago nations felt threatened by Communism and there were many reactions, many of which were violent. Now nations feel threatened by Islamic political ideology and many of the reactions are not pondered over. Those who suffer from the general mood are mostly those not guilty.

You have made a very good point in your observations Xavier. That point is that Islam, a so called religious faith has political aspirations. I not only find this offensive but completely unacceptable. You want to believe in a skydaddy and live in a mental prison? I accept that. You want to give that ideology greater access to power socially and politically? I will fight that to the death. If Muslim moderates or liberals care to speak out against their more orthodox compatriots, they are usually put to death, so those who try to change the mood are to often eliminated by their own. See the fate of the few liberal blogger's in Pakistan in recent weeks. Religion has no place in politics.

The Thai government is now bending over for China just as they did for the US when they were bombing Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia. They sent nationals of those respective countries back to their country of origin to uncertain futures and possible death, splitting inter racial families in the process. Now the Uighur are made to suffer for Thailand's 'interests'. Disgusting country with neither principle nor soul.

"...as they did for the US when they were bombing Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia...".

Those coming from countries with unblemished histories are certainly entitled to condemn the behaviors and policies of other countries.

It must be a wonderful experience to toss a stone at another without regard of the failings of one's self.

@marcosss

The Rohingya are as Burmese as any other community in Burma. The community has been there for centuries. The first recorded use of the term is from the time of the French revolutionary wars in the 18 century. There may well be a minority descended from the time of British rule, but they are a minority within the Rohingya community.

As for the Uighurs, you might want to do a bit more research on their history before commenting as you did.

@marcosss

The Rohingya are as Burmese as any other community in Burma. The community has been there for centuries. The first recorded use of the term is from the time of the French revolutionary wars in the 18 century. There may well be a minority descended from the time of British rule, but they are a minority within the Rohingya community.

As for the Uighurs, you might want to do a bit more research on their history before commenting as you did.

The crux of the matter is more than cultural origins, it's the political aspirations of their faith and their claims to self determination based on their religious tradition. The Uighurs live in an autonomous region with a set of rules that they want changed, the Chinese government refuses to change them so there is a faction within the Uighurs who have engaged in acts of violence against innocent citizens. You think that the Chinese are going to give in to a bunch of knife wielding thugs? Oh sorry freedom fighter's?

I like many on this forum, I am happy to share my views, they may not be absolutely right, but unlike many here, I will not make comments that assert that Thailand is to blame for these issues, which seems to be the thing that so many people here do. They bitterly complain about the government, the locals and how badly they are treated. If it's so bad, they should leave.

I thought they were protesting the closure of the somtam shops in Istanbul. Silly me! w00t.gif

And the first winner of inane post goes to ..

Perhaps you'd enjoy yet another 'prostitution' thread instead coffee1.gif

And the award for the poster with no sense of humour goes to......

Sad life, mate! clap2.gif

I pride myself on having a blinding sense of humour. however, your silly remark hardly side splitting is it? Perhaps you should work on your act, mate coffee1.gif

Edited by dageurreotype

@marcosss

The crux of the matter is more than cultural origins, it's the political aspirations of their faith and their claims to self determination based on their religious tradition. The Uighurs live in an autonomous region with a set of rules that they want changed, the Chinese government refuses to change them so there is a faction within the Uighurs who have engaged in acts of violence against innocent citizens. You think that the Chinese are going to give in to a bunch of knife wielding thugs? Oh sorry freedom fighter's?

I like many on this forum, I am happy to share my views, they may not be absolutely right, but unlike many here, I will not make comments that assert that Thailand is to blame for these issues, which seems to be the thing that so many people here do. They bitterly complain about the government, the locals and how badly they are treated. If it's so bad, they should leave.

Never said Thailand was responsible for the destruction of the Uighur culture and their marginalization within their own traditional homelands by the Chinese state.

I do, however think it is irresponsible to send those fleeing persecution back into the hands of those carrying it out.

At the very least.

Name one country that does have 'principle or soul'.

Denmark, or Iceland, Ecuador or Canada come to mind.

Think on. Do a bit more research,

And where were the Turkish police and security services?

Is it ok to allow your citizens to attack another country's embassy and inflict criminal damage? It's nothing to do with them.

Turkey - soon to be radicalized by the look of it.

@marcosss

Never said Thailand was responsible for the destruction of the Uighur culture and their marginalization within their own traditional homelands by the Chinese state.

I do, however think it is irresponsible to send those fleeing persecution back into the hands of those carrying it out.

At the very least.

I did not single you out as verbally chastising Thailand, I alluded to many on this forum that do. As for sending them back, if Thailand doesn't want them, it's there choice to deal with them how ever they see fit. Your opinion is noted & accepted as that. Australia has adopted the same policy as is practised by the Thais, they turn back the boats and send them back to where they came from.

It may be unfortunate for those being returned, but when a country has a border policy, it is that countries responsibility to uphold that policy as it often reflects the will of the majority in that country. The persecuted may be repressed, at least they are not being starved or the victims of ethnic cleansing. Doesn't it strike you as odd that both of these marginalised groups are Muslims? Doesn't beg the question, why is there an issue with this demographic more so than the Hindus or Christians that co exist in these cultures? Again I remind you of the political aspirations of Islam and point to that as being what I believe is the driving force behind the unrest and subsequent marginalisation of these groups in those regions.

@marcosss

At the very least.

I did not single you out as verbally chastising Thailand, I alluded to many on this forum that do. As for sending them back, if Thailand doesn't want them, it's there choice to deal with them how ever they see fit. Your opinion is noted & accepted as that. Australia has adopted the same policy as is practised by the Thais, they turn back the boats and send them back to where they came from.

It may be unfortunate for those being returned, but when a country has a border policy, it is that countries responsibility to uphold that policy as it often reflects the will of the majority in that country. The persecuted may be repressed, at least they are not being starved or the victims of ethnic cleansing. Doesn't it strike you as odd that both of these marginalised groups are Muslims? Doesn't beg the question, why is there an issue with this demographic more so than the Hindus or Christians that co exist in these cultures? Again I remind you of the political aspirations of Islam and point to that as being what I believe is the driving force behind the unrest and subsequent marginalisation of these groups in those regions.

Those fleeing persecution should be given sanctuary.

In this case the deportation of these people to the country that is persecuting them was all the worse as Turkey had agreed to take these refugees.

As for the reasons behind both persecuted groups being of the same faith I would say that is down to the intolerance of those persecuting them.

Not unique to these countries I admit.

All faiths/political philosophies have their bigots and all are equally wrong.

Edited by Bluespunk

@marcosss

At the very least.

Those fleeing persecution should be given sanctuary.

In this case the deportation of these people to the country that is persecuting them was all the worse as Turkey had agreed to take these refugees.

As for the reasons behind both persecuted groups being of the same faith I would say that is down to the intolerance of those persecuting them.

Not unique to these countries I admit.

All faiths/political philosophies have their bigots and all are equally wrong.

I completely agree with your point on political philosophies of faith and bigots.

In a western culture you would expect to have that culture offer sanctuary. But we are in south-east Asia, and they do not have the same moral values as those held by many in the west. To insist that they should, is imposing a form of imperialism by dictating what you believe to be right. Again, it's their country and if they don't care about the well being of these minority groups, and I'm pretty sure that they don't, it's their choice. Insisting that they should & that your view is right, is to claim a moral superiority to the norms within this society. That would not go down well here, nor would it if a bunch of migrants in your home country was to claim the moral high ground and dictate it's moral belief's onto that society.

This sort of thing is happening in so many places around the world, social inequity and the associated unrest.

All nations have some form of racial discrimination, it's human nature, it's a part of the social conditioning that defines who we are. Understanding the local MO is challenging, trying to force your values onto them is pure hubris and a waste of time. Like I said, sending them back is better than holding them for ransom then putting them in a mass grave, as has happened in the recent past.

Still don't know why they couldn't have gone to Turkey.

The Turks were prepared to accept them and I'm sure the refugees would have preferred this solution to going back to the Chinese authorities.

Well actually I'm fairly sure I know why they were sent to China, but it would be speculation on my part so I'll keep my theories to myself.

Edited by Bluespunk