visa requirements when renewing work permit

Current situation is work permit expired last week and was renewed/extended for another year. Passport will expire in 5 months and new passport will arrive in 2 weeks.

Question is do I have to apply for another "B" visa? If so, can this be done in country?

I believe I am in the country on an "extension of stay" based on my valid work permit. Since the work permit was renewed/extended, will the "extension of stay" remain in effect and allow me to not have to apply for another visa? My 90 day reporting is current.

Thank you in advance.

Your extension will still be valid.

When you get your new passport you will need to go to immigration to have your stamps transferred to your new passport. You will need a letter from your embassy requesting immigration transfer your stamps. Not all offices require the letter but most do.

When you get your new passport you will need to go to immigration to have your stamps transferred to your new passport. You will need a letter from your embassy requesting immigration transfer your stamps. Not all offices require the letter but most do.

Cost 500thb...hassle free

Cost 500thb...hassle free

Ouch ! Someone got stung.