Writing Jobs

For those of you who can write and who also live in Thailand or have lived in Thailand and are interested in making a little extra money, I have a couple questions.

1. Would you be interested in sharing some of your experiences on a broad array of topics all related to living in Thailand?

2. How much would you expect to be paid to write a 1000 word article on a topic that we agreed on?

Hi,

First question, Yes.

Second question, approx 4point2 cents per word. Which fir a five hundred word article comes out to about 70 dollars. For a thousand. word article about 140.

Obviously, I would not include spelling and grammar mistakes I make on thaivisa.com. cos I`m usually half way pissed when I log on. check my blog for more.

Hi,

First question, Yes.

Second question, approx 4point2 cents per word. Which fir a five hundred word article comes out to about 70 dollars. For a thousand. word article about 140.

Obviously, I would not include spelling and grammar mistakes I make on thaivisa.com. cos I`m usually half way pissed when I log on. check my blog for more.

Quite obvious in your reply. :o

Hi,

have been constantly living and working in Bangkok for more than 6 years now.

To answer to your questions:

As to 1. Yes, but surely also a question of what the topic is. No experience in partying, sight-seeing, tourism or the expatriate community but rather leading a family (all Thai) and work related life in Bangkok among Thais.

As to 2. It will be a matter of how much time needs to be put in. Most likely I could bring an 1,000 words article about Thailand related subjects to paper in about 2 hours which would mean 3,000 Baht based on my usual hourly fee of 1,500 Baht.

With regards to Chiang Mai from Bangkok,

Richard

For those of you who can write and who also live in Thailand or have lived in Thailand and are interested in making a little extra money, I have a couple questions.

1. Would you be interested in sharing some of your experiences on a broad array of topics all related to living in Thailand?

2. How much would you expect to be paid to write a 1000 word article on a topic that we agreed on?

Edited by Richard Hall

This would be for a high quality website that helps to give the reader an insight into what life is like for a farang living in Thailand. The articles would involve more recounting your experiences than going out and doing scholarly research. However, we would be looking for regular contributors who can write.

We will be beginning the project mid next year and at this point we are guaging interest as far as potential writers. From the PM's I have received, there seems to be considerable interest. If you would like to be involved as a writer, please PM me and I will put your name on the list and get back in touch early to mid next year as the project moves forward.

Thanks!

Yes, would be most interested.

As for rates, would do it for fun and experience, depending on what sort of material and publication.

PM me for background info.

A word of advice to budding writers from one who earns a living writing - NEVER write for free. If it's worth publishing, it's worth paying for. The OP states a 'high-quality' website so it seems he is looking for professionals. Writing is a profession. Would you give away your other accredited skills for free?

I hope your writing skills are better than your maths, kayo.

Aw <deleted>... is it? Bugger...

:D

Would you give away your other accredited skills for free?
´

Ehh... There is one thing I do for free, sometime even I pay for ...... :D:o

• 2 weeks later...

I will be more than hippy to rite for you because i am English teacher from Liverpool so am very educ...... something. I have real degree from Garston University is famous because many people have been there with government schemes for cars etc. Degree even have " This is real degree " printed on bottom and is real print.

I can do this for 500 baht an hour or for free, whichever you think is best.

I am good with grammmmmar and most things thai. I can speak Thai ( sawasdee khrab, Many women in Nana say my Thai is very very very good )

My students are not so good with english talking and spilling but boy they all know how to sing " You,ll never walk alone "

I will bge happy to give my experiences to you and to many readers you have soon shortly.

I am No 1 teacher in Laos ............................. sorry, thailand ...................................... <deleted> am i?? gotta stop drinking. :o

Edited by stevemiddie

Yes, would be most interested.

As for rates, would do it for fun and experience, depending on what sort of material and publication.

PM me for background info.

A word of advice to budding writers from one who earns a living writing - NEVER write for free. If it's worth publishing, it's worth paying for. The OP states a 'high-quality' website so it seems he is looking for professionals. Writing is a profession. Would you give away your other accredited skills for free?

Yes must whole heartedly agree with you,I am just starting out writing myself but from experiance in another industry based on self employment- those who try to enter the industry by working for free "To get experiance" do nothing but play into un ethical company's hands, bring the industry down as a whole and in the long run shoot themselves in the foot too. It's pure selfishness.

I would be very happy to write for your website but I would only want to get paid on a per word basis because I only know very small words and I need to write a lot of them in order to get my point across and big words take a long time to type and why should I get paid the same for a big word with four or five syllables (that is a very big word) as I get paid for very small words like at and to and I and it. This piece of trash is a hundred words so that is four dollars and twenty cents please.

I'll PM you.