Dog to United States

northernjohn

Arline shipping crate for a large dog greyhound size. Free if rehoming a soi dog back to your home land, or a small donation to Care for dogs. Located in Chiang Mai

Not exactly sure of your meaning. Have you got a crate for a dog as large as a Greyhound to give away?

What is happening is my friend and his wife have been over here many times and this time They are retiring here. They brought their 8 year old Schnauzer with them. They have been here a month and all the dog does is cry all night. They are wanting to take him back to where he stayed when they were over here on previous visits. They so far have had no luck with what they need to do. He is going to try to find some thing on the Korean web site as suggested. But was looking for some one with definite knowledge. I got my tickets to go back for a visit today and my travel agent said he didn't know.

Any help appreciated.

A case of Man being dog's best friend.

Dog is just imported so has all necessary jabs and he travel crate with water bottle and tray.

For exporting the dog needs an export permit and health certificate from Animal Quarantine Station, either in Chiang Mai (if the dog checks out of the country in Chiang Mai) or Bangkok (if the dog checks out of the country in Bangkok).

If the dog goes as cargo, your friends can contact a cargo agency for help.
If as accompanied luggage better to pass by the Korean Airline office.
Only know of one family who took their dog back to the US with Korean Air. The dog was alright upon arrival, but they were not completely happy with KA 's service, such as the dog did not have water.

It is also advisable to check if airlines in the US accept pets. During certain months f the year they don't due to hot weather conditions.

Pet travel on their website...

You need to be sure what documents are needed to enter US...

Also internet search...

Yes by all means, check with Korean Air for their up to date requirements and US customs for theirs. Anything else is second hand and may be incorrect.

Dunno whether the regulations to US are more lax than to EU area, but most likely one'll need at least certificates indicating that the dog isn't carrying any viral infections, or bacteria, like leptospirosis and a batch of other easily transmitted diseases, that have to be checked 30 days prior travelling, as well as a health certificate from the county vet (in CM the aforementioned Animal Quarantine Station). For EU the regs go as far that the samples need to be shipped to a EU-approved veterinary, and cost quite a bit.

Archived