Hangdong Road - Truck driver

Dellboy218

This afternoon on the Hangdong Road. I imagine this guys been popping speed all day. The name on the truck door is Kannika, sports a yellow public vehicle number plate on the front but no rear plate. He had just blown through the Night Safari traffic lights on red. A case of not if but when!

I tried to put a small video but it doesn't seem to save.

Last night on thai TV there was footage of a truck pulling a trailer and an oil tanker ramming into each other. Each driver trying to knock the other vehicle off the road. This was on a road with plenty of other traffic. A few days ago there was a truck driver filmed ramming a police pick up off the road. The driver was on drugs and didnt want to stop for the Police. Unfortunately this is not unusual on thai roads.

That was taken on an android device built into a rearview mirror that clips over your normal mirror, Android/GPS/Bluetooth/Forward and rear cameras. Unfortunately it is not that unusual but this was the worst I have experienced in 25 years here. And seeing I only returned 30 hours before..............I leaned on the horn to alert the pickup in the inside lane as I do not think he realised just how close he was to being wiped out.

Think my wife (a Thai) has an adequate description for these chaps.

"Little men in Big Trucks, who are sadly mistaken in the belief, the size of the truck represents the size of a certain appendage,

they dream of owning."

IT would be Nice if THE police would accept recorded situations to find these people and fine them or dropping them in jail. IT is ridiculous that so many people just ignore red lights, pedestriants places etc.i had one time green light on an pedestriants cross over cars stopped and an idiot on an scooter drove almost against me, i hit him as reaction agains his head. This was very near to an serious accident.

Archived