Interior Ministry orders further checks on Waterfront Residence in South Pattaya

Rimmer

10 minutes ago, vision2014 said:

Park Plaza posted an announcement today that negotiations have been successful and all issues have been resolved.  There is no reference to any additional concessions beyond the removal of 8 floors.

There are references in this article: http://bangkokjack.com/2016/12/07/waterfront-development-finally-gets-green-light/

"Concessions have been made and the construction company has agreed to remove the eight top floors and provide greater underground parking facilities."

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An article in the Nation gives more details.

The difference between the removal of 5 or 8 floor is now clear. The original permit was for 53 floors.  Tulip reduced that to 50 floors on taking over the project.  The current management has agreed to remove a further 5 floor to make 45 floor.

According to the article construction has started again.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/property/30301552

I read articles posted by The Nation, Pattayaone and Love Pattaya today.  My impression is this is a press release from Park Plaza NOT a confirmation that government officials have consented to allow resumption of construction. 

Perhaps I am making a mistake by applying "western business practices" but I would have expected that the media would have interviewed and included the comments of City Hall and the Office of Natural Resources and Environmental Policy and Planning (ONEP) in their news articles.  My concern is in the next 24-48 hours there will be  contradictory articles indicating that an agreement has NOT been concluded.

Hopefully, Champa will provide his comments and no doubt Pattaya Watchdog will express an opinion in the next day or so.

As a buyer, I am obviously hoping that the reports are accurate but after the 28 month delay I think I will keep the champagne on ice until there is official confirmation from  City Hall and the ONEP.

Cruncher, as a side note, it was funny that The Nation asserted that "construction has resumed". I can unequivocally state this is not accurate as I was at the Waterfront office at 5:00pm.  That being said, I like The Nation's enthusiasm.

2 hours ago, CRUNCHER said:

According to the article construction has started again.

Bad translation IMHO.

I just walked in the WaterFront area and the whole site is still fully barricaded.

Edited by Pattaya46

This sudden approval is, I am sure, in no way related to the use of the area next year for the International Fleet Review, the event which has prompted the removal of all the boats. A smartened up area for visiting dignitaries is going to look a whole lot better with an almost complete condo in the background instead of a rotting shell.

On 12/7/2016 at 4:39 PM, Pattaya46 said:
Looks like Pattaya City Hall agreed today for WaterFront construction to re-start !
Main point is the "removal" of the 8 top floors.

Waiting for confirmation in the Media though... :unsure:

I may be wrong but...I am curious how you arrived at that conclusion.

I doubt the City  hall has made an announcement yet.

I am also curious how the writer of the article assumes that the project got a green light.

Does he base it on the Bali hai Co director's claim that "they have managed to resolve all issues"?

Another article claims that construction has started.

I believe these articles only have sensational headlines but they have no proof.Not yet!

The Bali Hai director  may have sounded positive about complying with the orders during the interview, however that doesn't mean that the City Hall has given the green light IMHO.

Having said all these, I believe the  new scheme will eventually be approved as both parties apparently working hard to meet half way and make this work. Especially since the Navy can't afford to have a decaying building in the background in the international media

Edited by pattayadude

4 hours ago, pattayadude said:

I may be wrong but... I am curious how you arrived at that conclusion.

Not any conclusion:

I just received a copy of an article a little before it was published :cool:

Agree that many media may have been a little too fast on this point...

15 hours ago, pattayadude said:

I may be wrong but...I am curious how you arrived at that conclusion.

I am also curious how the writer of the article assumes that the project got a green light.

Does he base it on the Bali hai Co director's claim that "they have managed to resolve all issues"?

I believe these articles only have sensational headlines but they have no proof.Not yet!

The Bali Hai director  may have sounded positive about complying with the orders during the interview, however that doesn't mean that the City Hall has given the green light IMHO.

Having said all these, I believe the  new scheme will eventually be approved as both parties apparently working hard to meet half way and make this work. Especially since the Navy can't afford to have a decaying building in the background in the international media

I am curious how you arrived at that conclusion.

The Bali Hai director  may have sounded positive about complying with the orders during the interview, however that doesn't mean that the City Hall has given the green light IMHO

Dec 7.JPG

dec 8.JPG

On 04/02/2016 at 3:08 PM, dogeatdogworld said:

Nice job!!! Congrats to City of Pattaya for wasting 700 million of taxpayers hard earned cash!

For destroying the bay and for filling it with 100s of concrete dock pilings! Nice job!

Congrats to City of Pattaya for for switching green-light to red and back to green and back to red for the 50 floor concrete!..

Arguably the best and the quietest part of the town has become a parking for hundreds of fuel-leaking parked boats, stray and dangerous dogs, a wasteland for the self-dismantling marina debris, a decaying building and so on!

Sometimes I wonder who runs this town!

not the city of pattaya-the military-

• 1 month later...
On 7/12/2559 at 7:28 PM, Pattaya46 said:

Bad translation IMHO.

I just walked in the WaterFront area and the whole site is still fully barricaded.

One month later, I passed by yesterday the construction site was quiet and empty. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A national newspaper that cannot be quoted ran a story on March 7 indicating that the DSI are investigating the developer (Basis/Basil aka Tulip) of the Waterfront and the Grand Residence, following complaints by purchasers of the latter. None of this seems to be currently mentioned in any news story on here, which is a shame as it might serve as a useful warning to anyone thinking of buying off-plan here.

Centara deny that they are connected with the developments though they do say that they were in discussions about possibly managing the developments when completed.

In true Thai soap-opera style, the newspaper report mentions sexual impropriety, famous actresses, commissions and kickbacks. You couldn't make it up.

Read more on Google: https://goo.gl/CTCnKn

I was sent some information by  @champa   that said

the developer of Waterfront project had filed the rehabilitation petition to the central bankruptcy court. The Trial date for reorganization petition inquiry was set on April 24.   

unfortunately the attached legal document/notice of such  has been mangled by the forum and I cant see it any more  so maybe @champa can post it here ?

5 minutes ago, johng said:

I was sent some information by  @champa   that said

the developer of Waterfront project had filed the rehabilitation petition to the central bankruptcy court. The Trial date for reorganization petition inquiry was set on April 24.   

unfortunately the attached legal document/notice of such  has been mangled by the forum and I cant see it any more  so maybe @champa can post it here ?

Pleas explain what you mean by 'mangled by the forum and I cant see it any more'   Thank you

10 hours ago, Gopro said:

thanks very much for posting that:thumbsup:now I understand what it is involved with rehabilitation.

But what a nightmare for the buyers:unsure:they would simply have to appoint a lawyer to do all the preparation work as Khun Pira explained very well so that involves forking out even more money on top of the potential losses they are already exposed to.

The part I find the most intriguing is how can the company come up with any meaningful rehabilitation plan when there are so many legal question marks still overhanging the development itself?

On 15/03/2017 at 7:22 AM, Gopro said:

My God, what a nightmare. A good reminder to never pay any money in advance for anything in Thailand. There is little or no protection here.

For those unlucky enough to be involved with buildings that are subjects of this or other rehabilitation processes, please note that you must file your claim as a creditor with the court promptly. It is not clear to me that all purchasers will automatically receive proper notification that the process has been started, and it is up to them to file their claim. Any existing legal cases or claims are put on hold subject to the resolution of the rehabilitation process. If you are not listed as a creditor in good time then it seems that you will not be considered as one and will forfeit any claim you may have had.

Apparently filing a claim will cost 200,000B if you use the lawyer in the radio clip.

My bet? No one will get a bean.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel sorry for the innocent buyers that have payed deposit's who have been caught up in this game of Cat and Mouse that the city hall and the developer's seem to be playing

None of it seems to make much sense . But looking at the direction its going now it looks like it could be many years and much more time and money before this gets sorted out .. Sad for the City 

Per Champa's posts, this project has 2 outstanding issues that City hall is reluctant to re-issue construction permits.

1)Overbuilt area of some 5000sqm which requires to knock several floors off the top which developer proposed to cut 5 floors as correction.

2)Not enough parking space for the area/units built which developer proposed to install hydraulic parking as correction.

There are reports on social media during the last a few days about "widening" the road to alleviate  tour bus traffic and/or tour bus parking and  apparently this will automatically make the height of building and the constructed area "legal" ,two issues above which this project was halted for since August 2014.

Maybe Champa can shed some light on this and comment about the accuracy and substance  of these reports?

Edited by pattayadude

Yesterday, the buyers met with deputy lord mayor of Pattaya City. It was the first time that Pattaya City did official announcement that there are MANY issues of Waterfront Project.

Unfortunately, it was not detail on any issues. From my sight it was not positive support to the developer.

Deputy lord mayor said that they will uphold justice for every stakeholders.

It was the first time that Pattaya City informed the buyers that the developer had changed the building without permission. In the 2 years Pattaya City gave them many chances to change the construction plan. Until now the developer can not make the construction plan meet the regulations. 

This is the point that the developer gave the  buyers the incorrect information. 

Once the developer confirmed that all the building was legal and blamed the social media for construction suspension.

tulip2.jpg.504c8a09d1531dad8bb67aab3c4f1753.jpgIn fact Pattaya City hall announced that the suspense order based on the audition. Pattaya City found that the building was not match the permitted construction plan.  Beside Pattaya City found the public enforcement. 

post-224270-0-63666300-1452936465_thumb.jpg

I think if the buyer believed that the developer did something wrong. Some of them should stop paying the deposit or asking the deposit since then. 

I saw the news about widening the street in the Balihai pier. But it was just the initial plan which propose by Pattaya officer. It is not sure that the plan of widening the street will happen or not. So it is early for discussion. By the way to widening the street will change only one issue.

The wider street can not make the building smaller or make it full of parking area. 

Edited by champa

35 minutes ago, champa said:

Yesterday, the buyers met with deputy lord mayor of Pattaya City. It was the first time that Pattaya City did official announcement that there are MANY issues of Waterfront Project.

Unfortunately, it was not detail on any issues. From my sight it was not positive support to the developer.

Deputy lord mayor said that they will uphold justice for every stakeholders.

It was the first time that Pattaya City informed the buyers that the developer had changed the building without permission. In the 2 years Pattaya City gave them many chances to change the construction plan. Until now the developer can not make the construction plan meet the regulations. 

This is the point that the developer gave the  buyers the incorrect information. 

Once the developer confirmed that all the building was legal and blamed the social media for construction suspension.

tulip2.jpg.504c8a09d1531dad8bb67aab3c4f1753.jpgIn fact Pattaya City hall announced that the suspense order based on the audition. Pattaya City found that the building was not match the permitted construction plan.  Beside Pattaya City found the public enforcement. 

post-224270-0-63666300-1452936465_thumb.jpg

I think if the buyer believed that the developer did something wrong. Some of them should stop paying the deposit or asking the deposit since then. 

I saw the news about widening the street in the Balihai pier. But it was just the initial plan which propose by Pattaya officer. It is not sure that the plan of widening the street will happen or not. So it is early for discussion. By the way to widening the street will change only one issue.

The wider street can not make the building smaller or make it full of parking area. 

“I think if the buyer believed that the developer did something wrong. Some of them should stop paying the deposit or asking the deposit since then. “

Hi Champa

from my interpretation of the interview the lawyer (Khun Pira ) gave on the radio if the central bankruptcy court approves the rehabilitation petition, I don’t think the buyers would be allowed to do that?  

17 minutes ago, Asiantravel said:

“I think if the buyer believed that the developer did something wrong. Some of them should stop paying the deposit or asking the deposit since then. “

Hi Champa

from my interpretation of the interview the lawyer (Khun Pira ) gave on the radio if the central bankruptcy court approves the rehabilitation petition, I don’t think the buyers would be allowed to do that?  

I think the developer allowed buyer to stop paying the deposit but i am not sure when. I know some of buyers asked for their money back since 2015. Before the developer go to bankruptcy court, It was allow but after the bankruptcy court accept the case it is automatic stay.