Pouring the Floor

chiangrai

I'm having a house built and I want to pour the floor before the rainy season gets worse but my builder is saying that I must install the door frames first but the door frames won't be ready for another 2 weeks.

Is there some trick I can use to put something around where the door frames should go,pour the floors and then slip them out so that the frames would be easy to install

later.

I was thinking of short pieces of pvc pipe but I'm afraid that they would stick to the concrete and wouldn't come out.

It's your home, tell him to go ahead do the pour and in the spots the frames are to be placed just pack out with foam or paper and put the frames in place later.

Are you pouring slabs or finished floor concrete?

Our slabs went in waaaay before the door frames were even a twinkle in the chippies eye. But we have ceramic tiles and parquet.

Crossy that's what I did with mine, pour and frames later on, if they need to be cut down do later, Thais seem to like having the bottom of the frames anchored in, but there is no need if you build them in correctly.

I'm not shure how it all works actually.

When they started they put dug a little trench around the perimiter of the yard

and layed concrete blocks up to ground level.Then they put the concrete posts into

the bare earth and put the same trench with concrete blocks around the perimiter of the rooms.

What happens next.

The finish on the floor and the yard is going to be smooth concrete with powder colour pigment in it.

Do they put down a layer of rough concrete and a thin smooth layer on top or how does it work.

I have never heard of door frames (wong gop) going in before the floor slab has been poured. I can only guess your builder isn't making concrete lintels to support the door frame, and thus is looking at the floor slab to give the door frame some strength?

As for the colored floor - they can simply add the coloring powder when doing the final screeding of the surface - no need for it to be two steps... Or they can make it two steps ;)

Edited by IMHO