Does your wife or yourself cook at home?

Predominantly Wifey but I do cook stuff she's not comfortable with (bread and cakes), and I operate the barbie as is required by all Western cultures :)

Food is a mix of Thai, Italian (mostly pasta), British (is there such a cuisine?) and the occasional hybrid (Shepherd's pie made with pork and so much chilli it blew the wax out of my ears).

This week, Sunday lunch was kapow-moo, and because the Thai grand-kids were over dinner was, by popular demand, Makro chicken nuggets and french fries cooked outside on the charcoal burner.

Wife does 98% of the cooking and about 97% of that is Thai and always delicious.....

I man the bbq/smoker - yesterday made 1.5K Zapzap Thai chicken wings to give her a day off & turned out some oatmeal choc chip cookies while the smoker was doing it's thing......I don't eat chicken so blended up some mai-tai's to help pass the time.....the 2 girls had faux mai-tai's and the wife even had a real mai-tai (rare).....

I will cook/bbq/bake western and have the girls learn/help to widen their knowledge from time to time.....

Wish we had artichokes here.....great when done in a microwave pressure cooker.....

Predominantly Wifey but I do cook stuff she's not comfortable with (bread and cakes), and I operate the barbie as is required by all Western cultures :)

Food is a mix of Thai, Italian (mostly pasta), British (is there such a cuisine?) and the occasional hybrid (Shepherd's pie made with pork and so much chilli it blew the wax out of my ears).

This week, Sunday lunch was kapow-moo, and because the Thai grand-kids were over dinner was, by popular demand, Makro chicken nuggets and french fries cooked outside on the charcoal burner.

Is there such a thing as British cuisine??? I hope not....just kidding Edited by Crazy chef 1

Wife does 98% of the cooking and about 97% of that is Thai and always delicious.....

I man the bbq/smoker - yesterday made 1.5K Zapzap Thai chicken wings to give her a day off & turned out some oatmeal choc chip cookies while the smoker was doing it's thing......I don't eat chicken so blended up some mai-tai's to help pass the time.....the 2 girls had faux mai-tai's and the wife even had a real mai-tai (rare).....

I will cook/bbq/bake western and have the girls learn/help to widen their knowledge from time to time.....

Wish we had artichokes here.....great when done in a microwave pressure cooker.....

PG- artichokes and microwave in one sentence is even too much for me...555

Predominantly Wifey but I do cook stuff she's not comfortable with (bread and cakes), and I operate the barbie as is required by all Western cultures smile.png

Is there a such thing as British cuisine??? I hope not....just kidding

Im pretty sure its better as Dutch cuisine biggrin.png Maybe less healthy

Wife cooks all the time...

She just made me a Chicken Salsa wrap for lunch...

Tonight, maybe its Lamb Chops... (or we're out for dinner with her parents who we haven't seen in a week).

On other nights the food can range from anything to anything... Thai to Japanese style food.

She is an excellent cook and loves cooking... After she's done the kitchen is a no-go zone, plates, pots, pans everywhere.

We have a bookshelf full of Recipe and Cookery books... sometimes I randomly flick through the pages of one of them - it started out as a joke, sort of a test but turned into a challenge my Wife loves... When I landed on Beef Bourguignon I thought the challenge was too much but she nailed it (3 hrs cooking time though !)....

We also eat out regularly (2-3 times per week).

Predominantly Wifey but I do cook stuff she's not comfortable with (bread and cakes), and I operate the barbie as is required by all Western cultures smile.png

Is there a such thing as British cuisine??? I hope not....just kidding

Im pretty sure its better as Dutch cuisine biggrin.png Maybe less healthy

I honestly have to admit I have no clue about Dutch cuisine...every time I've been there(pretty often) too stoned to notice it...

My wife never cooks except baby food and she actually loves my food but always complains it takes sooooo long time.really? My last Sauerbraten took just 6 h cooking time and three days to marinate....

You can't tell us that without extending an invite.... !

I bag your pardon...

PG- artichokes and microwave in one sentence is even too much for me...555

You missed the pressure cooker part....amazing what you can cook and how fast they work....Was a handy tool for a single dad.....

I cook she cleans. I can cook just about anything and I might add that it tastes good. My gf thinks my Thai food is the best in Thailand.... Hahaha ! Maybe she only speaks because she don't want to do the cooking :)

I have cooked all my life and really enjoy it. I know exactly what goes in and how it is going to taste. I can prepare and cook a normal two dish Thai meal for two + with rice in 15 minutes (rice is put on earlier and done in cooker) for under 150 baht most cases. There are even leftovers which I throw in Tupperware and freeze for a quick meal.

I cook she cleans. I can cook just about anything and I might add that it tastes good. My gf thinks my Thai food is the best in Thailand.... Hahaha ! Maybe she only speaks because she don't want to do the cooking :)

I have cooked all my life and really enjoy it. I know exactly what goes in and how it is going to taste. I can prepare and cook a normal two dish Thai meal for two + with rice in 15 minutes (rice is put on earlier and done in cooker) for under 150 baht most cases. There are even leftovers which I throw in Tupperware and freeze for a quick meal.

Lucky you... I cook- I clean.but I loathe Thai food( most of it)....

Both.

My range of Thai food is limited - pad thai, tom yam (Thai and Isaan versions), tom kha ghai, paneang curry, yam wun saen, pad grapow, pad pak, asparagus and prawns. I'm a bloke so I need a recipe to cook with until I've got the knack. I went to night school in the UK to get the confidence to try my hand when I was in my twenties. Would like to do more but there are so many cooks in the extended family that food often appears before I've got the knife set out.

Thai family love my spaghetti with a spiced-up (of course) bolognese or special (tomatoes/chilli/garlic/smoked bacon/wine) sauce. My Xmas turkey dinner with full trimmings also went down a treat, surprisingly. My 5 year old wants to try anything falang that Daddy cooks - she's onto bran flakes and beans on toast for breakfast at the moment!

Recently spent two weeks in hospital in the UK. I was appalled at how bland English food is. Must have gone native.

Food I like to cook:

Arepas

Asperges a la Flammande

Chili con carne

Fiskebollar

Fresh fish with Vegetables (steamed)

Lentil soup with Frankfurters

Minestrone

Pasta alla Putanesca, Stinkini, Carbonara

Polenta with Goulash or Osso Bucco

Ratatouille

Röschti

Stuffed Bell peppers or Tomatoes.

I like to watch and follow some videos of: "Chow Ciao"

Edited by seabear

My point is actually that eating out is mostly cheaper than cooking yourself( and no dish washing)...except you cook bigger amounts as I usually do...

Not if you enjoy a couple of bottles of beer or half a bottle of wine with your meal. Of course the bring-in of cooked food so popular in Bangkok gets over that alcohol premium problem.