How to book a flight ticket for visa purposes without paying now

Hi all

The wife and myself plan to visit Germany in Sept - she for the first time in Europe.

One of the visa application requirements is showing a flight reservation (without paying now, as the embassy website advises in case the aplication is rejected).

How do we go about doing this?

Any tips much appreciated.

Thanks

LKK

In the past I have used a full price fully refundable ticket. You should only need the cheapest one to a country for which she doesn't require a visa.

From my recollection the refund is not quick, more than month, but should be reliable.

Go to any reputable travel agency tell them what you need and for a small fee they will book a dummy flight for you and print off an itinerary. Some will even offer to produce an insurance policy, medical & cancellation to cover for the time period

, again for a small fee. No need to go thru all the hassle of booking a refundable flight on your card and then going thru the hassles of getting the refund. As well if you find an agency that specializes in visas etc, they can assist with your application.

Would you be able to put it on credit card with 55 days free interest but make sure it is a refundable ticket ( usually more expensive) .

All LKK has to do is either phone Lufthansa and ask them to book and allow a 2 weeks time before ticket is issued or visit an office of Thai Airways and again ask them for the same. They would not do it over the telephone. Other than that visit a travel agent and ask for a booking, but no ticket issuing for 2-3 weeks. Some may ask for a small fee (BHT100-200).

If LKK is legally married (officially) then there should not be any difficulties in getting a visa for his wife. He should ask for a multiple entries visa valid for 2 years. He should get it.

Go to any reputable travel agency tell them what you need and for a small fee they will book a dummy flight for you and print off an itinerary. Some will even offer to produce an insurance policy, medical & cancellation to cover for the time period

, again for a small fee. No need to go thru all the hassle of booking a refundable flight on your card and then going thru the hassles of getting the refund. As well if you find an agency that specializes in visas etc, they can assist with your application.

You can make a reservation for around 300 baht per person at any travel agents.

Done it loads of times before.

Managed to get 9 Schengen Visa for different GFs. (Austria) Anyway, just go in a travelagencie and ask for a flight to your destination.

Best would be a flight which really fulfills your requirements from price, flight times and dates.

Important the dates, you will get your Schengen Visa, usually for the dates you present with the flight reservation you show them.

So that dates should be real your holiday flight dates.

The travel agencies will ask possibly for a fe for their work, 200 - 1.000 Baht, which you can get back, if you really buy the flight than there.

Insurance - most better travel agencies offer you also the required insurance for the Visa, but this insurance about 3 - 4.000 Baht for a 3 month visa you can pay when you are sure to get the visa and show in the Consular section of your country when picking up the Visa.

At least I have done it in that way.

Easiest way to call and book thru the airline directly, give them the dates you will travel and they will will give a booking confirmation. You can use this when applying for a visa.

No need to pay a travel agency to "book" a ticket. You will not need to pay anything until the ticket is actually issued, they will give a deadline but it's only because the fare might change.

My girlfriend works for an international airline here and does this all the time when she need to get a visa.

Edited by arkom

• 2 weeks later...

This issue has been the main reason I have gone to Thailand so many times. Many countries that require Visas ask for a proof of ticket when applying for the visa. 1) My job rarely allows me to plan far ahead. 2) I always hated the idea of buying a ticket and then for some reason not getting the Visa. Thailand's Visa Exemption on Arrival was why it was the first Asian country I traveled to. No paperwork or time issues. I have often flown there on one day notice when one of my contracts ended on a Friday night! Sunday at 1 AM I was on EVA air elite class heading out.

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

TO get flight itinerary there multiple options available, Please read below for some options.

1.Going to the local Travel agent and asking for flight itinerary which will be "on Hold" booking valid for 4-5 days

2.Travel websites will provide you the flight itinerary . Its again same they will reserve your flight itinerary for some days 

Trick is 

Ask local travel agent or travel websites  to provide flight itinerary just before your travel document submission so that applicant can maximize the "on Hold" booking days .

I found one below website who provides the PNR (flight itinerary)as well where you can validate with checkmytrip website.

Charging around $14.... not a bad deal

https://travelvisaguru.com

Good luck

Edited by Travelvisa
added information