Kasikorn Bank unavailable 17-19 July (ATM, debit card, branches, everything)

elektrified

Dear Buddha, One used to get cash by Friday, otherwise you could cash a personal cheque at a supermarket in USA at least.

The first ATMs I experienced were in Japan. Available during Bank hours only. No mobiles or internet either. How will people survive the weekend?

Edited by arunsakda

This is today - not yesteryear (yes I date back to cash days also). And today in Thailand most people are closely tied to there ATM card with anything above 100 baht likely needing a pull. The larger factor may be money transfers that can not be made - will hit many merchants that require payment by such. As well as those depending on deposits to be made on those days. It is really hard to believe in today's world a better solution could not have been found.

This is today - not yesteryear (yes I date back to cash days also). And today in Thailand most people are closely tied to there ATM card with anything above 100 baht likely needing a pull. The larger factor may be money transfers that can not be made - will hit many merchants that require payment by such. As well as those depending on deposits to be made on those days. It is really hard to believe in today's world a better solution could not have been found.

That's exactly how I see it too, lop.thumbsup.gif

So get your cash out for the weekend on Friday before 10pm.

What's the big deal?

Kasikorn at least made this known at least 2 weeks ago so people could make alternative arrangements.They obviously have a major problem.

Its pretty common knowledge that the Thai banking system is light years behind other developed countries so my bank bloke tells me.

Not the end of the world is it ?

What's the big deal?

Kasikorn at least made this known at least 2 weeks ago so people could make alternative arrangements.They obviously have a major problem.

Its pretty common knowledge that the Thai banking system is light years behind other developed countries so my bank bloke tells me.

Maybe they're getting rid of XP and W2K3...

What's the big deal?

But you can't make or receive transfers. Don't know about you but some of us either receive or send a couple each day.

If it's personal, work around it.

If it's business, inform your customers.

If you can't get round it, use Western Union.

I really don't see a problem here.

What's the big deal?

I only received the email at 14:30 today. Same with the wife - but she got it at 15:45.

What's the big deal?

I only received the email at 14:30 today. Same with the wife - but she got it at 15:45.

And you didn't know about this before? I'm not even a Kasikorn customer but I heard about this weeks ago.

Still, you have three days to prepare people for a 48-hr interruption over the weekend.

Again: What is the big deal that you can't work around that?

So typically Thailand... At 15:30 on Sunday the 19th, the branch at Central Festival was open and it appeared all operations were "as usual". I was even able to purchase some Euros from the branch.

Planning, scheduling, deadlines, etc. are basically non-existent here.

The systems upgrade was validated early and ATM services came online, branches opened, and operations back to normal. Their customers notified in advance to make necessary arrangements.

The service upgrade was not only completed on-time, but early. Bravo for a job well done, K-Bank.

Edited by arunsakda

The systems upgrade was validated early and ATM services came online, branches opened, and operations back to normal. Their customers notified in advance to make necessary arrangements.

The service upgrade was not only completed on-time, but early. Bravo for a job well done, K-Bank.

I was notified in advance too. The suspension of service was supposed to have started on Friday 10 PM. When I got to the Kasikorn Bank branch at the Super Highway Big C at 11:30 AM on Friday, they were already in the process of closing (not letting in more customers). Luckily I had anticipated that.

I was notified in advance too. The suspension of service was supposed to have started on Friday 10 PM. When I got to the Kasikorn Bank branch at the Super Highway Big C at 11:30 AM on Friday, they were already in the process of closing (not letting in more customers). Luckily I had anticipated that.

So they started suspending service at 11:30 A.M. on Friday as opposed to 22:00 (10:00 P.M.) on the 17th? Like I said.....