Renewing Non-Immigrant Type O for another year...

Ok ... This topic is super .. Now here my question, i'm 41 yrs old, married to a thai, 3 children's, got 6 of the 1 yr multi- entry non- imgrnt type "O" in my current passport, and i had 4 more in my previous expired passport which makes a total 10 of this type of visas, so i got 10 years of multiple entry type O visa, my question is, does this grant me a residence here in the country? Or how can i benefit from this? My income is higher than $80,000 a yr, have a local bank account based on my marriage status which my monthly salary pops in every month

Ok ... This topic is super .. Now here my question, i'm 41 yrs old, married to a thai, 3 children's, got 6 of the 1 yr multi- entry non- imgrnt type "O" in my current passport, and i had 4 more in my previous expired passport which makes a total 10 of this type of visas, so i got 10 years of multiple entry type O visa, my question is, does this grant me a residence here in the country? Or how can i benefit from this? My income is higher than $80,000 a yr, have a local bank account based on my marriage status which my monthly salary pops in every month

No.

Assume you have this type of entry because you are working outside of Thailand? If you have employment in Thailand with such an income extensions would be normal and with that there is a path to Permanent Residence (although not exactly smooth for everyone). You should read this thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/74654-cameratas-guide-to-the-permanent-residence-process/?p=801053#entry801053

You have to be on extensions of stay for 3 years and working here to qualify for residency.

You could be on one year extensions of stay based upon marriage since your income exceeds the 40k baht income requirement.

No.

Assume you have this type of entry because you are working outside of Thailand? If you have employment in Thailand with such an income extensions would be normal and with that there is a path to Permanent Residence (although not exactly smooth for everyone). You should read this thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/74654-cameratas-guide-to-the-permanent-residence-process/?p=801053#entry801053

Well ... Yes you are right, i do work outside the kingdom. As i used to get this type of visa for the last 10 yrs or so, i thought this will give me what i can call - advantage - or a different way into getting the residency ... But thanks any way .. Checking your link posted here ..[emoji120][emoji4]

You have to be on extensions of stay for 3 years and working here to qualify for residency.

You could be on one year extensions of stay based upon marriage since your income exceeds the 40k baht income requirement.

What you mean by 1 yr extension ? So i can over stay for 1 full yr even if my visa is expired?

IMA_FARANG and SURADIT69 both basically said: "do not mention to anyone, especially immigration, that your income is from working on the internet in Thailand."

Good advice. I appreciate it. I could simply say I'm not working here and getting by on my savings. (They don't need to know that someone in the U.S. is "contributing" to my savings as "compensation" for helping him with his website.)

OP, i am reading and reading and reading and then re-reading your postings....

A Non IM visa Type O multiple entry?

a one year Visa ?

Based on what ? do you have a state pension ? Family ?

or whichever as required by Thailand ?

"

Category "O"

To visit Thai spouse, children, parents, voluntary job, retirement (with State Pension)"

Please enlighten me... a one year multiple entry visa would give you every entry a one year stamp... with the 90 days reporting obligation...

Or are you just trolling ?coffee1.gif

IMA_FARANG and SURADIT69 both basically said: "do not mention to anyone, especially immigration, that your income is from working on the internet in Thailand."

Good advice. I appreciate it. I could simply say I'm not working here and getting by on my savings. (They don't need to know that someone in the U.S. is "contributing" to my savings as "compensation" for helping him with his website.)

a one year Visa ?

"

Category "O"

To visit Thai spouse, children, parents, voluntary job, retirement (with State Pension)"

Please enlighten me... a one year multiple entry visa would give you every entry a one year stamp... with the 90 days reporting obligation...

No, a one year multiple entry "O" gives you unlimited 90 day stamps within its validity, an "O-A" would give 12 months with 90 day reporting.

You are right though that he does seem to have got a visa without any of the currently required qualifications.

What you mean by 1 yr extension ? So i can over stay for 1 full yr even if my visa is expired?

It is a one year extension of the 90 day permit to stay you get from your visa.

You do not overstay visas only the permit to stay from one.. The visas expiration date is only the last day you can use it for entry it has nothing to do with how long you can stay in the country.

a one year Visa ?

"

Category "O"

No, a one year multiple entry "O" gives you unlimited 90 day stamps within its validity, an "O-A" would give 12 months with 90 day reporting.

You are right though that he does seem to have got a visa without any of the currently required qualifications.

Thanks for sticking up for me, Up. Typically, whenever someone labels me a 'troll' for simply trying to get some facts on my situation, that's when I stop replying to them.

To everyone who has read through this thread, all I can tell you is what I've told you. My visa is a Non-Immigrant, Category O. It is validated for Multiple Entries. It was issued Sept. 4, 2014 and my last entry date is Sept. 3, 2015. That would make it a "one year" visa, in my eyes. During the past year, I was still required to my 90-day visa runs. I have had zero issues with immigration, including at the airport(s). My visa was originally issued by the Royal Thai Consulate (some commenters here have referred to it as an "honorary consulate") in Atlanta. I will be applying for another visa when I visit there next month. Same type of visa, which I presume would be valid from, let's say, September 1, 2015 to August 31, 2016 (again, requiring me to do 90-day runs). I have contacted them twice, and they've said, "No problem."

I'm sorry I've stirred up such a hornet's nest. I don't what else to say, other than thank you to all of you who have enlightened me as to the process.

You do not overstay visas only the permit to stay from one.. The visas expiration date is only the last day you can use it for entry it has nothing to do with how long you can stay in the country.

Ok clear .... Now according to my status - married and kids - what is that gonna get me at the airport once i land in the country ? I mean instead of obtaining this 1 yr visa - which is a simple thing to do really, all documents ready - if i did not have this 1 yr thing in hand or lets say it's expired before getting into the kingdom ... What are my options at swamby?

Ok clear .... Now according to my status - married and kids - what is that gonna get me at the airport once i land in the country ? I mean instead of obtaining this 1 yr visa - which is a simple thing to do really, all documents ready - if i did not have this 1 yr thing in hand or lets say it's expired before getting into the kingdom ... What are my options at swamby?

After you get the one year extension at immigration you will get a single or multiple re-entry permit that gives you an entry up to the date your extension ends. No need to leave the country every 90 days. Just apply for a new extension after the first one ends.

After you get the one year extension at immigration you will get a single or multiple re-entry permit that gives you an entry up to the date your extension ends. No need to leave the country every 90 days. Just apply for a new extension after the first one ends.

And this would be at the airport after immigration chick in right ? I mean after departure chick in ...

You apply for the extension of stay at your local immigration office. The fee is 1900 baht.

You can apply for the re-entry permit at immigration or at the airport on departure.

Well .... To be honest ... I think i will stick with the current 1 year visa type for now ... Hassle free and 1 page used ... My working schedule any way is 1 month on 1 month off, so at any given time i will never over stay unless i'm forced to stay at home or fired - god forbid [emoji1] - besides it seems that the extension thing will consume more pages on my passport which is currently a small limited in pages thing !

Hope i am not hijacking, but I am hoping someone can relieve my confusion. I am at the end of my first non imm "o" based on marriage and am not sure what to do. Facts are below:

non imm o married to Thai national. (2 kids also, married in Australia)

visa expires 15/7/15 (today)

latest stamp allows me to stay until 24/8/2015.

Is my best option to go to savanaket before 24/8/2015 and apply for new non immigrant O?

If yes, what documents are required?

I assume this has all been asked before but i am having trouble finding correct info in forum or on thai immigration website... Any help appreciated.

If you plan frequent travel or not living in Thailand or do not have funds to allow one year extensions of stay from immigration yes a trip to obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa would probably be your best option. Believe documents are marriage certificate/copy of wife home register/ID cards signed by her. Best to have documents dated to current month to help prove current relationship but do not believe that is required.

If you do not plan frequent travel and can meet the 400k in bank 2 months prior to application or proof of 40k income per month requirements you can extend at immigration with wife on a yearly basis with TM.7 and payment of 1,900 baht - normal marriage paperwork and wife will be required as well as the financial proof.

Thanks for the reply. I think my only option is a new non immigrant o from savanaket. i have income of now than 40k per month but it is intermittent. I guess I could ask for a stat dec from Australian embassy but i expect they would require proof.

Thanks again for the reply.

Seems you might also have work permit issues with income method (although perhaps you work overseas) if not retirement pension so probably best to use multi entry non immigrant O visas until of retirement years.

If you plan frequent travel or not living in Thailand or do not have funds to allow one year extensions of stay from immigration yes a trip to obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa would probably be your best option. Believe documents are marriage certificate/copy of wife home register/ID cards signed by her. Best to have documents dated to current month to help prove current relationship but do not believe that is required.

If you do not plan frequent travel and can meet the 400k in bank 2 months prior to application or proof of 40k income per month requirements you can extend at immigration with wife on a yearly basis with TM.7 and payment of 1,900 baht - normal marriage paperwork and wife will be required as well as the financial proof.

Based on what you said about the yearly extension .... How many times this method can be used ? I mean how many times i can be granted the yearly extension ?

Thanks for the reply. I think my only option is a new non immigrant o from savanaket. i have income of now than 40k per month but it is intermittent. I guess I could ask for a stat dec from Australian embassy but i expect they would require proof.

Thanks again for the reply.

In my case since i work overseas and come back home here every month - 1 month on 1 month off - a normal package of paper work:

1- Proof of marriage =====> marriage cert.

2- My spouse ID signed by her

3- My kids birth certs. ====> not really required but not bad to have it in hand

4- Photos

5- A letter of employment from your firm =====> donno if this seems familiar for you?

6- Offcourse filled up forms ====> i get the forms from the Ministry of Foreign affairs of Thailand website, you can google it

Based on what you said about the yearly extension .... How many times this method can be used ? I mean how many times i can be granted the yearly extension ?

Lifetime of Thai spouse. As long as meeting requirements you can always do.

But your current work requirements would normally rule this method out as you must be available a month after application to receive final stamp. So probably be better as an option for retirement if unable to meet higher retirement financial requirements.

OP... I think I saw that you posted that your Non Immigrant Multi-Entry "O' Visa was issued at what is correctly called a Royal Thai Honorary Consul General in Atlanta. After reading over all these posts yours included - in my opinion - you were mistakenly given this Visa as you were not age 50. One does not technically have to have any requirement for such a visa but one must be age 50 or over - in my opinion.

You visa does not obviously involved marriage to a Thai... so without marriage to a Thai I have never heard of anyone getting the visa you have for the reasons you state under age 50.

For 15 months I was on a this same Multi-Entry Non 'O' and have made a bit of a study of this type of visa - especially when issued out of the USA.

The fact that you did (IMO) get this visa by mistake is no problem to me ... Good On You for being lucky. But - I will point out that on your next visit to get another such visa -- someone may notice the lack of age requirement (if done before your 50th. Birthday. Or someone at a Thailand Immigration Entry point may notice it.

The other reasons listed for granting the Non 'O' Multi-Entry Visa do not seem to fit your situation either. The Honorary Consul General must have stretched one of these to meet you stated desire to go and visit Thailand

Best of luck to you - you seem to be a lucky guy.